+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Golf clubs reopening in Wales

Re: Golf clubs reopening in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    One person per buggy unless from the same household.
    Good to see driving a buggy around a golf course is being deemed essential exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You can't have it all when there's a Pandemic going on
    Indeed

Banned

I agree, and i suppose that was always going to happen. I have no evidence to back this up, but aren't all kinds of restrictions flawed to a certain degree, and for them to be successful then the uptake needs to be around the 80% mark-especially things like this? I'm certainly not saying that those people with zero awareness are helping the situation and their actions may be slowing the recovery, but don't you think that the brain bods would allow for this?
    I remember reading somewhere (no links sorry, and I could be completely wrong on this), but the initial modelling on lockdown was done on the basis of 50% of the population adhering to the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I remember reading somewhere (no links sorry, and I could be completely wrong on this), but the initial modelling on lockdown was done on the basis of 50% of the population adhering to the rules.
    That's very interesting if correct, and encouraging to a certain degree.

You make statements you can't back up, lol, makes you look like a hypocrite as I would have thought it went against the grain for you to do that.

Well well well duw duw duw

International

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    You make statements you can't back up, lol, makes you look like a hypocrite as I would have thought it went against the grain for you to do that.

no link?????

Banned

I put in a few caveats "I remember reading somewhere" and "I could be completely wrong on this".

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sure it is.
    I'm guessing all players playing are members. Does your golf club make a note, or give an advisory, based on the knowledge that you and your golfing mate are not from the same household?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    My mate in work's a very keen surfer. Amazingly fit guy for his age, nearing retirement but still surfs at least once a week almost all year round. However, he's not been allowed to surf during the lockdown and he's been mightily pissed off about it, although he's accepted the situation.

I've been telling him he should ride a bicycle to the beach and he might get away with it as there seem to have been different rules for cyclists, but now I'm going to tell him to take a set of golf clubs instead.

If you're into anything involving exercise it's always tough when you don't get your fix
    I miss going to the gym more, which I did 4-5 times a week until the last few months as it's something I looked forward too , so I get where your mate is coming from.

Maybe the only way of dealing with this would have been a complete lock down for a month or more with one member of the household allowed out for essential shopping
    But if you can queue up for some essential paint at a DIY store then the idea of stopping someone exercising is completely bollocks as far as I'm concerned

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    no link?????
    Yes, I did apologise for that in my post. It may have been word 6 and 7 which is a good 3 words beyond the capabilities of your attention span.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    no link?????
    Exactly xsnaggle it's laughable, lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    If you're into anything involving exercise it's always tough when you don't get your fix
    I miss going to the gym more, which I did 4-5 times a week until the last few months as it's something I looked forward too , so I get where your mate is coming from.

Maybe the only way of dealing with this would have been a complete lock down for a month or more with one member of the household allowed out for essential shopping
    But if you can queue up for some essential paint at a DIY store then the idea of stopping someone exercising is completely bollocks as far as I'm concerned
    I am also missing the gym. I stopped going about 2 weeks before the lockdown, firstly because I had a heavy cold at the time, then it seemed like a potential breeding ground for the virus.

If gyms re-opened tomorrow, though, I wouldn't even contemplate returning based on current information.

Banned

Exactly xsnaggle it's laughable, lol.
    It may be, depends if you are able to take into account the caveats that I put in place. Caveats that are missing in all your posts. But, hey, if Google churns it out it must be true.

It may be, depends if you are able to take into account the caveats that I put in place. Caveats that are missing in all your posts. But, hey, if Google churns it out it must be true.
    Caveats, links, links from certain sources, links that only discuss what you want them to discuss.
    LOL

I am also missing the gym. I stopped going about 2 weeks before the lockdown, firstly because I had a heavy cold at the time, then it seemed like a potential breeding ground for the virus.

If gyms re-opened tomorrow, though, I wouldn't even contemplate returning based on current information.
    It will be a long time before anyone can get back there, that's why testing is so important

Banned

Banned

Caveats, links, links from certain sources, links that only discuss what you want them to discuss.
    LOL
    This is all the more amusing considering your refusal to share any links.

This is all the more amusing considering your refusal to share any links.
    Oh I do share links but not continually on your say so, you can find your own links.

Banned

Oh I do share links but not continually on your say so, you can find your own links.
    I guess maybe you share links when they back up the claims you claim you don't make. Here's another link for you

https://scienceornot.net/2012/12/04/...rden-of-proof/

Maybe that will look familiar.

You guess wrong then, lol.

You can't have it all when there's a Pandemic going on
    Apparently, plastic rings have been designed such that the ball is caught higher up the hole so the flag doesnt need to be removed. As for bunkers, one possible solution is that a bunker-wallah is employed to do nothing but raking. Not my sport so I've got this second hand from those that own the relevant set of bats.

Banned

You guess wrong then, lol.
    You are right. In 800 posts, you have provided links to your claims a grand total of twice. Each time, the link backed up the claim you were making. And yes, I was bored enough to check it out, currently home alone with my partner out working.

Not the real deal then, the flag pole might cost a golfer a couple of shots and the same if golfers end up in an unraked bunker.
    This will sort the flag issue out

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    This will sort the flag issue out

That'll put a lot of minds at ease on here.

You are right. In 800 posts, you have provided links to your claims a grand total of twice. Each time, the link backed up the claim you were making. And yes, I was bored enough to check it out, currently home alone with my partner out working.
    Thanks for the compliment, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Maybe the only way of dealing with this would have been a complete lock down for a month or more with one member of the household allowed out for essential shopping. But if you can queue up for some essential paint at a DIY store then the idea of stopping someone exercising is completely bollocks as far as I'm concerned
    Exactly. I agree 100%. The lockdown guidelines and the way in which they have been implemented has been nonsense from day one and they've got more ridiculous as time has progressed.

Some examples (imagine that social distancing is being observed in all cases):

I can't go and sit in a garden with members of my family or my friends for half an hour, but I can go and queue up outside a DIY superstore while surrounded by complete strangers for several hours.

I can't go into a bookshop and browse the books, but I can go and browse the books in Asda, Morrisons or Sainsburys.

I can't drive a relatively short distance to my local mountain range and go for a walk, but a cyclist can ride for miles to said mountain range and ride around them to his or her's heart's content.

I can't go into Primark and buy clothes, but I can go into M&S a couple of doors away and buy clothes.

A surfer can't drive a short distance to a beach and go surfing, but a golfer can drive a short distance to a course and play golf.

I'm told I shouldn't leave my home unless it's essential to do so, but I'm also told I can go to a garden centre if I want to.

A golfer can play with a friend at Lydney Golf Club in Gloucestershire, but can't do so less than nine miles away at St Pierre Golf Club.

This one I discovered the other day and it really made me laugh (store policy not government policy): a married couple cannot enter Sainsburys and do their shopping at the same time, but two complete strangers can.

I appreciate this situation has not be easy to deal with, but common sense has been lacking from the outset.