+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All of a sudden, there's football everywhere!

Re: All of a sudden, there's football everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Don't other clubs update player status ?
    I'm not sure, but Leipzig make daily announcements on social media about which players are absent from training, and the reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A 'live' match from 1979?
    Knowing Toshack scores a hattrick ruined it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm not sure, but Leipzig make daily announcements on social media about which players are absent from training, and the reason why.
    Don't you ever use physio room for fantasy football transfers ?

Don't you ever use physio room for fantasy football transfers ?
    Nope, and I wouldn't be able to tell you which Cardiff players were absent from training on any given day either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Nope, and I wouldn't be able to tell you which Cardiff players were absent from training on any given day either.
    I don't think they cover the championship.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52691666

If that's the future of football then I'm out.

Restart it when it's back to normal and safe for all.

Did somebody say ballboys in attendance ?, surprised at that, could they have had a few balls strategically placed pitch side, didn't expect to hear there would be ballboys.

Did somebody say ballboys in attendance ?, surprised at that, could they have had a few balls strategically placed pitch side, didn't expect to hear there would be ballboys.
    From what I read the ball boys were disinfecting the balls and placing them back in set places around the pitch.

I watched Dortmund v Shalke 2 minutes was enough for me thought it was horrid without fans..... switched over and watched 2011 lions tour of SA.

I don't understand the subs sitting two metres apart when if they get on the pitch they'll be in full body contact with a bunch of other players. Unless the idea is it's used as a wider message to drill home the social distancing rule?

EYJQvUsXgAEAOQT.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't understand the subs sitting two metres apart when if they get on the pitch they'll be in full body contact with a bunch of other players. Unless the idea is it's used as a wider message to drill home the social distancing rule?

EYJQvUsXgAEAOQT.jpg
    Minimise risk?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Window dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Window dressing.
    No, they didn't film the players doing that.

Watched the first half of Dortmund/Schalke then switched to Leipzig/Freiburg. Was alright but can’t see me tuning in regularly for full length games. I’ve got a ton of old Serie A and La Liga games saved on the Virgin box and I think I’d prefer watching them at this moment in time.

Enjoyed Wales/Scotland ‘79, the tramline kit with the yellow socks look mad when on an actual playing footballer. Quality and entertainment much better than the Wales/England ‘84 game they showed a couple weeks ago. Nice seeing Ninian Park bathed in sunlight and an uncovered grange end.
    Last edited by Kind of Blue; 17-05-20 at 10:13. Reason: Spelling

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Minimise risk?
    Yes, minimise contact, minimise risk.

Didn't bother me one iota there were 0 fans in attendance for games between teams I have no association too. Really enjoyed watching the games.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Yes, minimise contact, minimise risk.
    Just feels a bit spurious being that if one of them goes on his exact instructions will probably be to get close to someone

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Watched the first half of Dortmund/Schalke then switched to Leipzig/Freiburg. Was alright but can’t see me tuning in regularly for full length games. I’ve got a ton of old Serie A and La Liga games saved on the Virgin box and I think I’d prefer watching them at this moment in time.

Enjoyed Wales/Scotland ‘79, the tramline kit with the yellow socks look mad when on an actual playing footballer. Quality and entertainment much better than the Wales/England ‘84 game they showed a couple weeks ago. Nice seeing Ninian Park bathed in sunlight and an uncovered grange end.
    Watched the Wales v Scotland match last night. I'd forgotten Phil Dwyer played and that Scotland had quite a few big name players in their side. I agree, it was a far better match than the England one they showed and 3-0 didn't flatter us at all - Toshack was coming to the end of his career then, but he showed how his game had developed at Liverpool by his general team play I thought/

Amazing to see those bottles being thrown at Dai Davies by the Scottish fans on the Grange End and David Coleman barely bothering to mention it!

Robbie James could certainly hit a ball couldn't he!

over 6 million people watched the german games live yesterday on various formats so i just read

An entertaining 2-2 Bette Cologne and Mainz just ended with both sides chasing the win right to the end - good point for struggling Mainz after going two down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There will be a few on here reporting them to the German FA.
    Someone did - and it worked!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52708817

Watched Union v Bayern yesterday - dull one-sided game with a predictable outcome. Bremen v Leverkusen on now has a bit more about it.

Berlin derby ko at 19.30 for anyone interested