+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: fao the lone gunman, tv program?

fao the lone gunman, tv program?

i few weeks back im sure you mentioned a documentary about the 1918 flu, on tv interested in watching it ,is that the one repeated tonight on pbs america at 11pm?

Re: fao the lone gunman, tv program?

Yes sir, just checked my trusty Radio Times and that's definitely the one.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yes sir, just checked my trusty Radio Times and that's definitely the one.
    Radio Times-I'm starting to worry about you

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Radio Times - I'm starting to worry about you
    Wouldn't be without it. I bought a copy about four years ago for reasons I can't remember, but I was very impressed by the content. I immediately signed up for a cheap subscription and I've been having it delivered ever since. I don't watch a great deal of TV, but I find that spending an hour or so reading the Radio Times each week ensures I don't miss anything of interest (documentaries mostly, like the one mentioned by POC).

Interesting article in this week's edition about actor and comedian Tony Slattery. Remember him? Coincidentally, I was wondering what had happened to him a couple of weeks ago after watching some old clips of Have I Got News For You from back in the Nineties. Then the Radio Times dropped through the letterbox midweek and all was revealed. He doesn't look the same person at all. Amazing transformation and not in a good way. Aged terribly. Mental problems, drugs, drink, bankruptcy, etc.

Wouldn't be without it. I bought a copy about four years ago for reasons I can't remember, but I was very impressed by the content. I immediately signed up for a cheap subscription and I've been having it delivered ever since. I don't watch a great deal of TV, but I find that spending an hour or so reading the Radio Times each week ensures I don't miss anything of interest (documentaries mostly, like the one mentioned by POC).

Interesting article in this week's edition about actor and comedian Tony Slattery. Remember him? Coincidentally, I was wondering what had happened to him a couple of weeks ago after watching some old clips of Have I Got News For You from back in the Nineties. Then the Radio Times dropped through the letterbox midweek and all was revealed. He doesn't look the same person at all. Amazing transformation and not in a good way. Aged terribly. Mental problems, drugs, drink, bankruptcy, etc.
    I remember Tony Slattery, he always seemed a bit on edge, a bit neurotic. I can't even work my TV, way to many buttons for my liking.

That's a shame. I thought about him myself fairly recently. (because I watched Mad Men recently and one of the cast members is John Slattery) I remember him as one of the more talented participants on Whose Line Is It Anyway?

cheers for the heads up, typical PBS America program, very factual and well made, spookily like the present day virus only even deadlier, 640,000 dead in America as was then, todays population would make the figure over a million. all the measures taken were like ours now including the race for vaccine. Sobering program and debunks OM assertion that we've never taken measures like we've taken this time

I find that spending an hour or so reading the Radio Times each week ensures I don't miss anything of interest (documentaries mostly, like the one mentioned by POC).
    Ah yes but how do you know you're not missing documentaries purely because they're not made a feature of in the Radio Times?

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Ah yes but how do you know you're not missing documentaries purely because they're not made a feature of in the Radio Times?
    Is this an example of unknown unknowns?

More from the wonderful BBC ;:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00fvhsf

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Is this an example of unknown unknowns?
    A reminder of the days when Donald Rumsfeld was the gold standard for oratorical gobbledegook (even if he was trying to say something sensible, and maybe even profound). Now we have BoJo and Trump - making Rumsfeld sound like the epitome of clarity.

very interesting the similarities with today seemed to be a lot easily spread and any age , some of the potions they came up with to help were on par with todays trump efforts