Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
You still don't get it, do you?

The rules regarding non-essential travel were not implemented solely to stop the transmission of the virus from one place to another. They were also designed to stop people like you potentially placing an unnecessary burden on the health professionals and the emergency services as a result of traffic accidents and breakdowns. I'm absolutely amazed that you've needed that to be spelled out to you.

For the record, and as I've previously stated, I'm not in the least bit worried about your potential trip to Brecon. You can travel to Brecon, Bristol, Bromsgrove, Bradford or Broxburn as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't care less. I'm merely point out how mind-numbingly stupid your question is.

I know we've been let down big time by our lords and masters! The way in which Boris and his minions have handled this crisis has been a national disgrace. I'm fully aware of the bigger picture, but you didn't ask anybody for their opinions regarding the bigger picture. You asked our opinions on whether or not a jolly to Brecon to buy some meat would be permitted by the Welsh authorities. The blatantly obvious answer is no, it wouldn't.
What Ive been trying to say is that lots of people including you seem to get their knickers in a twist about the nitty gritty of what we have been asked to do.

Yes, I too try to stay at home and I posted to suggest that on a risk assessment basis I would be better off with one visit to get 3 months supply of essential foods than frequent visits to a supermarket, where I would only purchase day to day because their offerings were not really what I wanted.

I understand now that you are aware of the bigger picture, therefore even more puzzled that you took such a myopic view of my post