+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hull City want season abandoned!

Hull City want season abandoned!

Well there's a surprise!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...s-wba-18275357

A club in freefall and one place above the drop zone is probably not in the strongest position to lead the argument for caution and avoiding crippling staff claims in case of infection.

Alam may of course just be motivated by a genuine concern for public health!

Re: Hull City want season abandoned!

I’m not even sure what I want any more.

Does it make sense to have 11 sweaty men running around who could potentially give the other a serious virus?

Why is it ok to stop Leagues 1 and 2 but not the championship?

Quelle suprise

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Does it make sense to have 11 sweaty men running around who could potentially give the other a serious virus?

Trying to watch a Bundesliga game last Saturday (and which featured a team I have a long-standing affinity for) convinced me that it is a very pale imitation of a professional football game as we know it - and that it wasn't worth the effort. I lasted about five minutes.

In a word: Leeds.

I think that the reason given for stopping league 1 and 2 was that it would really mess those clubs up if they had zero income from supporters and the outlay for matchday staff. Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

I think you’ll find the word is, MONEY !!!!!

Closely followed by, LAWYERS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Yes that’s the only reason the premier league is starting back too, the whole thing is just driven by money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that the reason given for stopping league 1 and 2 was that it would really mess those clubs up if they had zero income from supporters and the outlay for matchday staff. Something like that.
    And I think they couldn't afford the tests

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Perfect answer.

Yes that’s the only reason the premier league is starting back too, the whole thing is just driven by money.
    Troy deeney decided not to go back, because his 5 month son is ill. He raised questions they couldn't answer, which made him decide it wasn't safe enough for him to go back. I'm glad he isn't being pressured to go back.

Who cares about tv football with no atmosphere? And I say that as an expat who watches matches online every week.

Just cancel it all and we'll come back to watch in our droves when it's proper football. Cancel the season, wipe all of the points and deal with the consequences.

If they expect us to pay to watch televised matches played behind closed doors they can bugger off. It might make clubs appreciate fans a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Christ Tony first time in years I’ve agreed with your posts

Let it all go tits up.

I would love to see it all implode and start from scratch

This

I enjoyed watching the Bundesliga but not sure if it was because it was a change!

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Who cares about tv football with no atmosphere? And I say that as an expat who watches matches online every week.

Just cancel it all and we'll come back to watch in our droves when it's proper football. Cancel the season, wipe all of the points and deal with the consequences.

If they expect us to pay to watch televised matches played behind closed doors they can bugger off. It might make clubs appreciate fans a bit more.
    The millions and millions of people who play every week without anyone watching. I watch the football Not the spectators by the side of the pitch.

Supporters are only customers, the general public who have no regard for other or own safety for the last month or so. Troy Deeney is no role model he is publicising himself as knows his career is almost at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Christ Tony first time in years I’ve agreed with your posts

Have another one:——- WJ99mobile, is the best poster on here

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    The millions and millions of people who play every week without anyone watching. I watch the football Not the spectators by the side of the pitch.

Supporters are only customers, the general public who have no regard for other or own safety for the last month or so. Troy Deeney is no role model he is publicising himself as knows his career is almost at the end.
    I've never really understood the "I won't watch it without fans" argument, surely the game itself is what you're watching and the atmosphere is just a bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I've never really understood the "I won't watch it without fans" argument, surely the game itself is what you're watching and the atmosphere is just a bonus?

It’ll be nice to watch a game without listening to our lot in the background chanting/singing anti “Abertawe Town” rubbish

Troy Deeneys concerns about his family’s safety seem fair enough to me.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...d-bame-players

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I've watched City games with no sound as I'm a city fan, used to seeing dross etc, but I tried watching the Bayern game Sunday and I honestly couldn't get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I've watched City games with no sound as I'm a city fan, used to seeing dross etc, but I tried watching the Bayern game Sunday and I honestly couldn't get into it.
    Nor could any of the other supporters

Crazy Hull still have a chance

Nor could any of the other supporters
    No one turned up, not even blow German ladies and I though that country was at the forefront of imagination and ideas

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Trying to watch a Bundesliga game last Saturday (and which featured a team I have a long-standing affinity for) convinced me that it is a very pale imitation of a professional football game as we know it - and that it wasn't worth the effort. I lasted about five minutes.
    I'm with you. Football is a spectator sport at the professional levels. I have as much interest watching football with no fans as I have watching two pubs sides play against each other - NONE.