Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump takes anti malaria drug for coronavirus

Trump takes anti malaria drug for coronavirus

Doctor , I have problems with my heart

Here , take these

Patient ..........what are they ?

They are for back pain

Patient ......thank you very much

Hes totally off his head and is the leader of the most powerful country in the world

Re: Trump takes anti malaria drug for coronavirus

I wonder if he’s saying he’s taking them to drive up demand and make Kushner’s mate money again. Wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I wonder if he’s saying he’s taking them to drive up demand and make Kushner’s mate money again. Wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility.
    Malaria is the biggest killer in the world. So, if USA stockpile anti malaria drugs, create a worldwide shortage/demand and sell at a hefty profit. Sounds like an 007 plotline, but wouldn't put it passed Trump. As you say, help his mates out who will then finance his re-election campaign. I do wonder if he is actually taking the drug, or just saying he is. Also, I recall an article stating that Trump has shares in a French pharmaceutical company that produces the drug.
    Not the sort of person you want in the spotlight.

I've been taking it myself for over 10 years and I haven't had coronavirus, so it must work surely?

(Its probably that sort of anecdotal evidence that convinced the idiot to start taking it himself)

i listened to him announcing this and thought it felt as though he wants people to take it, feel invincible and get back to work
    he's pushing for everything to re-open so made sense, dangerous mentalist of a man that he is

find out the name of the drug in question, find out which company owns the patent. Identify the directors/stackholders of said company, bet there will be interesting coincidences....

So he says.

Its unbelievable. Boris is useless but Trump is on another level completely.

Unbelievable he will have people sticking up for him again just as they did with the detergent statement.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    find out the name of the drug in question, find out which company owns the patent. Identify the directors/stackholders of said company, bet there will be interesting coincidences....
    Give him time, he'll be giving the daily briefings with a sponsor's name on his shirt next - after all, it's all about "the deal" with him isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I thought it was out of patent? From what I have read, it looks like India is the biggest producer of this generic drug.

Good on him taking a risk

Bolsonaro pushing it now in Brazil. He's been quite fortunate really, his health minister resigned recently stating he felt under pressure to push new guidelines, the new guy seems much more amenable. Trump, Johnson, Putin, Kim Jong un, Bolsanoro, what a fantastic world we live in.

Brazil's Bolsonaro pushes chloroquine use
    Bolsonaro.jpg
    Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro will finally have his way – helped by his new interim health minister, an army general, happy to take orders from his boss.

Speaking live on Facebook, Bolsonaro said that Eduardo Pazuello would sign the new protocol which widens the use of the anti-malarial drug chloroquine beyond just critical patients – this, despite there being no evidence that it helps treat or prevent Covid-19.

He announced the decision on the same day that Brazil saw a record number of deaths and new cases.

Bolsonaro also mentioned that he kept a small box of chloroquine in case his 93-year-old mother needed it.

It was only a few days ago that Brazil’s previous health minister resigned, reportedly because he felt under pressure to sign the new guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So he says.
    Yes I was thinking this......

UK bulk buys hydroxychloroquine as potential Covid-19 treatment

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...irus-treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

I’m quoting someone who posts on here but “Only fools read the Guardian.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I’m quoting someone who posts on here but “Only fools read the Guardian.”
    I wouldn't recommend it for novices.

Haven't they actually bulk bought it because it's used to treat a few other diseases and this could end up running up the cost of it? Or it running out.

Haven't they actually bulk bought it because it's used to treat a few other diseases and this could end up running up the cost of it? Or it running out.
    Not according to the headline and the rest of the article

It's totally normal for a US president to claim to be taking untested drugs during a pandemic. Very normal.

The article mentions that they're ordering 220mg and 250mg tablets, which is curious. I take a daily dose of 200mg (used to take 200 and 400 on alternate days) as part of my rheumatoid arthritis treatment. The different tablet sizes is an odd one.

Not according to the headline and the rest of the article
    Paragraph 4

However, there were concerns that Trump’s endorsement would prompt a worldwide shortage of the drug, which can be used to treat lupus and other conditions.

Paragraph 4
    It's the Guardian, they have to work Trump into the story somehow!

Anyway, you can read it directly from the source, which I always check before referencing dubious news organisations.

https://www.contractsfinder.service....7-0b5ac1d021e0

It's the Guardian, they have to work Trump into the story somehow!

Anyway, you can read it directly from the source, which I always check before referencing dubious news organisations.

https://www.contractsfinder.service....7-0b5ac1d021e0
    What are you trying to show with that link? I'm not saying they haven't bought them.

What are you trying to show with that link? I'm not saying they haven't bought them.
    There is a contact email address at the bottom, so maybe you can ask them what they are going to do with all those pills. Just tell them you don't believe anything that you read in the Guardian, and you would like an official response.

There is a contact email address at the bottom, so maybe you can ask them what they are going to do with all those pills. Just tell them you don't believe anything that you read in the Guardian, and you would like an official response.
    Wierd