+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who used to enjoy the aggro?

Re: Who used to enjoy the aggro?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I have to agree with DML, it was disgraceful, it dragged the bad name of cardiff city through the dirt
    when you went away, you knew that every local headcase was out to get you

It was a bloody great time though not a single regret about it, ive said it before, it all came together at the right time for me, i was old enough to enjoy it but young enough to have the excuse of my age
    Must have bumped into you many times Matt in those days, think I jumped ship about the right time, aways were just getting more hassle than fun. Besides, when you go to raves and don’t get home until midday even home games are tricky nevermind aways!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Must have bumped into you many times Matt in those days, think I jumped ship about the right time, aways were just getting more hassle than fun. Besides, when you go to raves and don’t get home until midday even home games are tricky nevermind aways!
    we must have either the footy or raves, we appear to have been at it at almost exactly the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    oooo so many hard men in their youths in this thread! how exciting!

please!! thrill us all with more of your boring (maybe even bullshit) stories gramps!
    Don't like the thread? Don't post now piss offski

Saw a bit from a distance but never got involved, or wanted to for that matter.
    Some of the clothing choices were a bit dodgy aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I posted a message saying I don't miss the agro at all, but you post something and I find myself siding with those who do . I'm assuming you're on the wind up, but can I ask when and where you "saw innocent women, children and old people trampled upon and beaten up"?
    In all fairness there was some horrible barstards around that were just bullies, picking on scarfers.
    I really felt for this one Youngish lad, Oxford fan had parked by Sloper Rd...probably had just passed his driving test by the looks of him.

Some knob punched the drivers window in because he had an Oxford Shirt on and then punched him in the side of his head.

Another time when a Boro Scarfer had the living Shit beaten out of him opposite the Grandstand at the FA Cup game.

Most people definitely had no time for that and in both cases myself and my mates aided the fans that were bashed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    In all fairness there was some horrible barstards around that were just bullies, picking on scarfers.
    I really felt for this one Youngish lad, Oxford fan had parked by Sloper Rd...probably had just passed his driving test by the looks of him.

Some knob punched the drivers window in because he had an Oxford Shirt on and then punched him in the side of his head.

Another time when a Boro Scarfer had the living Shit beaten out of him opposite the Grandstand at the FA Cup game.

Most people definitely had no time for that and in both cases myself and my mates aided the fans that were bashed up.
    A famous old cardiff nutter gave a bristol rovers fan who was on his own walking back to the station a right hammering opposite the ninian park pub , by jeff white motors

He punched him from behind then kicked him several times in the head then ran off when the mounted police arrived

Cowardly bastard

I did, I loved it.
    The overall buzz was usually better than the actual match for me.
    Frowned upon now of course...but I’m not ashamed of it.
    I first started going to Ninian Park on more than an ad hoc basis in the 1999/2000 season. Started going down with a guy who I thought was a City nut. He used to talk passionately about being a City fan. Sometime during the season he stopped going. He said it wasn't fun any more.

Soon enough he told me that he used to go to games for the violence. Nothing else. He'd hardly seen a game in years, but went with me a few times. He knew nothing about the players on the pitch. Talking to him about the history of the club was a bit like "Man City, yeah, remember getting stuck into some of their fans". His knowledge of the club was pretty dire when probed but he could tell stories of glories and being seriously beaten up.

For about 6 months he used to pay me decent money to act as a taxi for him. He used to wander around the mountains after dark shooting animals. Also once told me he was delighted his 14 year old daughter could shag like a bunny. Very odd and deranged individual.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A famous old cardiff nutter gave a bristol rovers fan who was on his own walking back to the station a right hammering opposite the ninian park pub , by jeff white motors

He punched him from behind then kicked him several times in the head then ran off when the mounted police arrived

Cowardly bastard
    Horrible.
    Never had any time for that kind of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    For about 6 months he used to pay me decent money to act as a taxi for him. He used to wander around the mountains after dark shooting animals. Also once told me he was delighted his 14 year old daughter could shag like a bunny. Very odd and deranged individual.
    I hope that you alerted the relevant authorities 😳

I hope that you alerted the relevant authorities ��
    He was well known to them. Had all the relevant gun licenses etc. Weird sort though.

loved a pitch invasion...for a goal and for aggro...

I don't think Wash DC Blue was talking about this fella's night-time shooting activities..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was an apprentice hooligan until the age of twelve, then realised how idiotic it all was.
    It was ridiculous. I remember seeing a bloke, stood outside in the car park opposite Ninian Park. Burberry cap, burberry scarf, Stone Island coat. Looked a real prat. He was with his very young son, probably 6 years old. The game had just finished, we had won. It was a bitterly cold December/January game.

"Why are we waiting here dad?"
    "We got to wait for their lot to come out"
    "But why?"
    "We, err, umm, just have"

We carried on to our car, then their fans came out, and he gave it the old wanker sign and fingers. His son, stood next to him, freezing cold. Then, their fans got on the coaches (about 50 of them, it was a small team like Colchester or something) and the man and his child-like father jumped into their car about 20 yards away.

I wondered if there was some aggro that day, exactly what the dad would have done. Would he have got involved and risked his son, would he have left his son to wait somewhere while he threw a few air punches? Either way, had he been arrested, he would have cried foul - they always do. "Not my fault officer, I was just walking home with my son". Pathetic.

And who can forget those God-awful books that came out at the turn of the century? Comedy gold they were.

Banned

Quite hard to stay clear of it in the 80’s and 90’s to be honest
    How was it hard? I went through the 80s and 90s, home and away. I found it incredibly easy to steer clear of. It was easy to find if you wanted it.

Are you Wayne nash by any chance?
    Wayne Nash allegedly didn’t always avoided getting into trouble but a few in Ebbw Vale have commented he was adept at getting himself out of it although he may have thrown a few into the shit before his exit?

Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Loved a scrap it the day , there was s much pier pressure about within my environment , think it was a Llanrumney survival gene .

Thankful I've matured since thank god , still got a flair up temper when pushed though , mostly under control now though .

On a personal level this type of behavior was born from complex issues as a youngster , lost an alcoholic dad at 13 which was hard and didn't help . In my view it depended on where you lived , and schooled , parental control , who you hang and ran with .

I will admit to having some fun though
    The first part of your post has hit a chord with me. For some areas of Cardiff and South Wales it was very much the ‘done thing’. For decades violence/aggro/people acting like dicks is ingrained as part of going to the matches. Different sub cultures come and go but it’s always been present.

On a personal basis, yes I got involved but as you get older you do realise how ridiculous the whole thing is. I’ll admit to cringing when I see some I know very well still acting it all out although it’s hardly in the numbers it was in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    How was it hard? I went through the 80s and 90s, home and away. I found it incredibly easy to steer clear of. It was easy to find if you wanted it.
    Your a bit odd though

"aggro". Sums it up - screaming, shouting, running towards, running away from, looking for a fight but rarely getting into one. If there was any actual fighting it usually came about by accident when one poor sod got isolated and ended up having his head kick in as he lay on the floor. The other 95% of fans looked on in the same way you would if you saw two groups of baboons trying to mark out their territory - curious, but detached.
    The childish mentality extended to the attempts to make it all sound so cool - naming this group, this 'firm', the boys from such and such place, respect for that firm but not another. Unfortunately it meant we all had to watch football through ugly large chainlink fencing for over 20 years, though it probably didn't bother those involved in the 'aggro'.

I had friends in school who were deeply intoxicated with that side of things and for a while at about age 13 or 14 I guess it seemed like it would be kind of exciting.
    Then said friends started to come out with really horrible racism which completely put me off them and by extension anything the were insterested in (no idea if the "aggro" was really where the racist shit was coming from, but it seemed like it at the time. Not for a second implying that anyone on here who was into it was a racist btw).

Each to their own I suppose, but I've never been able to get my head around how this is something people enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Each to their own I suppose, but I've never been able to get my head around how this is something people enjoy.
    Sure, you can say that about a lot of things, like horse racing and motor racing for starters, anything on itv....the list is endless.
    When I started going in 1987 I thought that all our fans were nuts and hooligan casuals etc....then I went to an away game and I x it by 100. I literally can’t recall the last away game I went to....maybe 2002, Wembley aside.

Are you Wayne nash by any chance?
    Sorry, I have no idea who he is.

Sure, you can say that about a lot of things, like horse racing and motor racing for starters, anything on itv....the list is endless.
    When I started going in 1987 I thought that all our fans were nuts and hooligan casuals etc....then I went to an away game and I x it by 100. I literally can’t recall the last away game I went to....maybe 2002, Wembley aside.
    Yeah like I said each to their own. It’s definitely not for me though, no idea how you get enjoyment from hurting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah like I said each to their own. It’s definitely not for me though, no idea how you get enjoyment from hurting someone.
    Exactly - I find that very very peculiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I don't think Wash DC Blue was talking about this fella's night-time shooting activities..
    He wasn't shagging his daughter, just knew she was doing it.