+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: People who do " high fives"

People who do " high fives"

Re: People who do " high fives"

Definitely, those people should be shot. And men who hug!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    297.jpg

listening to self righteous old men ranting about other people's behaviors because it doesn't suite their own has a sense of irony

International

There is a guy who on odd occasion appear in my local. He's a jack and because of his manner rather than his allegiances he is generally disliked. I dislike him for 2 reason. The first is that when he had on where to stay in Cardiff for a couple of weeks he was offered a room in the home of one of our locals. He was still there 4 months later and never offered a penny towards the upkeep of the house. When he was eventually ejected, with no shame he kept coming back to the pub as if nothing had happened. He was a filthy git and on one weekend he was drinking in the pub on a friday night and scrounged a bad on another mates sofa. He was there until the Monday and spent all weekend in the pub, wearing the same clothes and never washing.
    He used to stare at me all the time because I never spoke to him and he noticed. He wanted to be one of the locals. One day he asked me if I had a problem with him and when I said no he raised his hand up in the high five position. I just looked up at it and carried on drinking. He gestured with it and looked at my hand on the bar but I ignored him. He said "well?" I asked him what and he said "High 5 me!" I said, "I don't do high 5's I think they're stupid, I don't know what they're about, i think they're embarrassing." By now everyone was looking at him and he had to lower his hand and turn away. He never spoke to me again. Happily I haven't seen him for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There is a guy who on odd occasion appear in my local. He's a jack and because of his manner rather than his allegiances he is generally disliked. I dislike him for 2 reason. The first is that when he had on where to stay in Cardiff for a couple of weeks he was offered a room in the home of one of our locals. He was still there 4 months later and never offered a penny towards the upkeep of the house. When he was eventually ejected, with no shame he kept coming back to the pub as if nothing had happened. He was a filthy git and on one weekend he was drinking in the pub on a friday night and scrounged a bad on another mates sofa. He was there until the Monday and spent all weekend in the pub, wearing the same clothes and never washing.
    He used to stare at me all the time because I never spoke to him and he noticed. He wanted to be one of the locals. One day he asked me if I had a problem with him and when I said no he raised his hand up in the high five position. I just looked up at it and carried on drinking. He gestured with it and looked at my hand on the bar but I ignored him. He said "well?" I asked him what and he said "High 5 me!" I said, "I don't do high 5's I think they're stupid, I don't know what they're about, i think they're embarrassing." By now everyone was looking at him and he had to lower his hand and turn away. He never spoke to me again. Happily I haven't seen him for over a year.

Shirley it’s “HIGH SIXES” in Abertawe ???

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Shirley it’s “HIGH SIXES” in Abertawe ???
    I didn't look but you're probably right on reflection. I didn't want him anywhere near me and I certainly wasn't going to voluntarily touch him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    listening to self righteous old men ranting about other people's behaviors because it doesn't suite their own has a sense of irony
    I got annoyed with a mate who I asked to get me a 3 piece suit, he came back with a settee & 2 chairs wasn’t you was it?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I got annoyed with a mate who I asked to get me a 3 piece suit, he came back with a settee & 2 chairs wasn’t you was it?

He didn’t phone up The Prudential when you asked for suit cover as well, did he

I’m so glad that it looks as though the casual nod and smile will be the norm from now on, I’m a handshake man myself and I was like Magnus Pyke when meeting someone of the younger generation, I was high fiving when I should have been fist bumping, wags then doing the thumb on the nose piss take, it was too much. I’m currently perfecting my air kiss, coming on quite well��

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Reading your posts in a Victor Meldrew voice. It's like I'm watching tv in the 90s!! :D :D xD

Are these people who do "high fives" the same ones as those who wear baseball caps back to front and woollen hats in warm weather?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Evil

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Any form of touching should be banned , hang on it is now bloody great .

I've been social distancing for decades , leave the hugging , kissing to the European and girlies

Reading your posts in a Victor Meldrew voice. It's like I'm watching tv in the 90s!! :D :D xD
    Ah, TV in the 90s...’Suites you sir’