+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Petrol

Petrol

Just gassed up the car for the first time since March 3rd. There was 16 miles worth left in the tank. $24 to fill it up! The price of gas here has dropped by about 25%.

Re: Petrol

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Just gassed up the car for the first time since March 3rd. There was 16 miles worth left in the tank. $24 to fill it up! The price of gas here has dropped by about 25%.
    must be about the same 25% drop here, it had dropped 30 ish % a few weeks ago

though to be fair NYCblue, $24 to fill up, how we would love that here

i always remember the 1st time i filled up a hire car in Fla, it was pre-pay, so went in and handed over $60 and told him the pump, had to go back in and ask for my $25 - 30 change the guy said " you are either from England or Canada " and laughed

I suspect the price will rocket when the lockdown eases enought.

But the clean air we're getting now might accellerate the move away from hydrocarbon fuel.
    All those oil-rich countries must be shitting themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I suspect the price will rocket when the lockdown eases enought.

But the clean air we're getting now might accellerate the move away from hydrocarbon fuel.
    All those oil-rich countries must be shitting themselves.
    It's going up already. A few weeks ago the oil price was in negative territory due to excessive storage costs given the low demand and now stands at between $32 and $35 a barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

i always remember the 1st time i filled up a hire car in Fla, it was pre-pay, so went in and handed over $60 and told him the pump, had to go back in and ask for my $25 - 30 change the guy said " you are either from England or Canada " and laughed

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I filled up our hire car in tampa on last US trip to drive to Orlando, cost about $20. Lasted us 10 days and the drive back to Tampa.
    Ridiculously cheap

99.7p in cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How do you find driving in NYC?
    I hated it the first time after trying to find the cruise terminal in Midtown, then got used to the grid system and it clicked.
    DC is a mess with somewhat of hybrid grid and diagonal street crossings.
    Still prefer to drive through Downtown though than go around the Beltway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    How do you find driving in NYC?
    I hated it the first time after trying to find the cruise terminal in Midtown, then got used to the grid system and it clicked.
    DC is a mess with somewhat of hybrid grid and diagonal street crossings.
    Still prefer to drive through Downtown though than go around the Beltway.
    It's not really a problem for me. Unless I'm in some areas of Queens or Brooklyn. But I can usually find my way around. Manhattan is no problem at all. Except for the traffic. Driving around Manhattan on Monday was a piece of cake. Hardly any traffic at all. There was still a reasonable amount of traffic on the Long Island Expressway and in Queens though. Well, more than I was expecting anyway.