+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Essential shopping - Cardiff Pizza

Essential shopping - Cardiff Pizza

Can anyone tell me what’s the best pizza to come and pick up in Cardiff? I’m prepared to travel down from the area with the highest Covid19 infection rate in Wales. Don’t worry, I’ll practice social distancing as there’ll only be myself, the wife and my two kids in the car, plus the dog and we’ll be wrapped up in some improvised PPE made up of black bags, skiing goggles and sellotape. I’ll be wearing a bucket hat as the black bags can leave you hot and sweaty and they tend to stick to my bald head.

The kids are sick of Dominos and Papa Johns I thought we’d try a pizza with real oregano and perhaps thrown at us by someone with an Italian sounding name not Dai Evans the Dominos delivery lad from two streets away from us. We also like to do our bit for the Cardiff economy.

This is ok under the current lockdown restrictions, I’m assuming?

Re: Essential shopping - Cardiff Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Can anyone tell me what’s the best pizza to come and pick up in Cardiff? I’m prepared to travel down from the area with the highest Covid19 infection rate in Wales. Don’t worry, I’ll practice social distancing as there’ll only be myself, the wife and my two kids in the car, plus the dog and we’ll be wrapped up in some improvised PPE made up of black bags, skiing goggles and sellotape. I’ll be wearing a bucket hat as the black bags can leave you hot and sweaty and they tend to stick to my bald head.

The kids are sick of Dominos and Papa Johns I thought we’d try a pizza with real oregano and perhaps thrown at us by someone with an Italian sounding name not Dai Evans the Dominos delivery lad from two streets away from us. We also like to do our bit for the Cardiff economy.

This is ok under the current lockdown restrictions, I’m assuming?

Have a game of golf and go surfing down Barry Island whilst your down this way, no problem.

Spread yourself and your family about.

Why don’t you put the grandparents in the caravan and park up in Llandaff Fields and really go to town

I’ll bring my banjo and sell my home made vodka on site too

If you cant find anywhere that you can pick up a pizza, why not park up at someone's house in Cardiff and order a delivery?
    Cardiff Pizza Company is pretty good by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If you cant find anywhere that you can pick up a pizza, why not park up at someone's house in Cardiff and order a delivery?
    Cardiff Pizza Company is pretty good by the way.
    If you're doing this make sure to lick their doorknob to assert dominance.

My and the missus love fish and chips from a place in Tenby, it's only a small shop so I absolutely know that they won't have more than five people in there at any one time, and when we went three years a go they were employing 16 year olds and they can't get covid 19 or pass it on, I know this. If I buy an extra cod with mushy peas and freeze them for a couple of months, will it be ok for me to make the journey?

If anyone knows of any cafe's or service stations open for light refreshments along the way that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Have a game of golf and go surfing down Barry Island whilst your down this way, no problem.

Spread yourself and your family about.

Why don’t you put the grandparents in the caravan and park up in Llandaff Fields and really go to town
    Nice idea about bringing the grandparents but somebody has to stay home and watch the grand kids. We'll bring them home a large pepperoni though

Best pizza in Cardiff is Calabrisella in Canton or Cathays.

Open for takeaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    Best pizza in Cardiff is Calabrisella in Canton or Cathays.

Open for takeaway.

A BIG FAT FRIGGING:———- Whoooooooooooooooooosh p

No whoosh. Hijacking thread to talk pizza 😂

4 adults and 1 kid walking around B&M with 1 trolley. Basically taking up an aisle, and making it awkward as they queued bunched up. I can't think of a reason for that situation to happen atm

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    My and the missus love fish and chips from a place in Tenby, it's only a small shop so I absolutely know that they won't have more than five people in there at any one time, and when we went three years a go they were employing 16 year olds and they can't get covid 19 or pass it on, I know this. If I buy an extra cod with mushy peas and freeze them for a couple of months, will it be ok for me to make the journey?

If anyone knows of any cafe's or service stations open for light refreshments along the way that would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Meeeeoooooowwww

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    4 adults and 1 kid walking around B&M with 1 trolley. Basically taking up an aisle, and making it awkward as they queued bunched up. I can't think of a reason for that situation to happen atm
    There's never a situation where that should happen. I think that i've done food shopping 5 times in 30 years, f uck that. I just buy £80 worth of cakes and biscuits and my wife doesn't ask me to go anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There's never a situation where that should happen. I think that i've done food shopping 5 times in 30 years, f uck that. I just buy £80 worth of cakes and biscuits and my wife doesn't ask me to go anymore.
    I've been taking my mother but I'm also her registered carer, she likes to shop as she goes and writing a list just wouldn't work.
    Had to take bags off my aunty the other week and let her walk home in the pissing down rain as she can't be in my car..

As for shopping, I just throw stuff in as o go around and it never makes much sense, bit sure why you need more than yourself to go shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    No whoosh. Hijacking thread to talk pizza ��
    I'll join you BP. Have you tried Caprinos in Canton? It's new, at the old Pizza Hut place. We had one last week and loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If you're doing this make sure to lick their knob to assert dominance.
    Fixed it for you

It’s true though...lovely and just down the rd from my weekly shop at lidl

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s true though...lovely and just down the rd from my weekly shop at lidl
    Calabrisella does do a great pizza. I so t travel down just yet to pick one up though.