+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best individual performance for Cardiff City?

First Team

Re: Best individual performance for Cardiff City?

H
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Was that the 4-0 win? That was November 2002!

I recall John Hardy summarising the game at the end for Radio Wales. He described us as Champions elect and untouchable on that second half performance which saw us go top.

We then lost 3 of the next 7 in the league and 5 of the next 11 in all competitions. The untouchable champions elect scraped into the playoffs thanks to a late equaliser on the last day of the season.
    That’s the game. 2002, was it really that long ago. I’m sure you are right but where on earth did those 18 years go?

Craig Noone's debut against Wolves a few years ago was special, had a feeling we had a team to reach the promise land that day which of course we did.

Dave Bennett against...not sure, but he has to feature.

There would be a few, but maybe the 3-1 against Leicester City. Too long ago to remember how his performance was overall, but when he picked it up just past the halfway line when we were winning 2-1 but under relentless pressure, ran half the pitch and banged it in.... continued his run to practically climb into the Canton Stand. A favourite City moment.

I remember scott sinclair's debut game, he came on and looked a cut above, had not seen speed and skills like that from a Cardiff player before, unfortunately we couldn't afford the 500k they wanted for him and he went to Swansea not long after.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    H

That’s the game. 2002, was it really that long ago. I’m sure you are right but where on earth did those 18 years go?
    Lennie Lawrence lasted 2 more seasons. We had Dave Jones for 6, Malky Mackay for 2 and a bit, before Solskjaer had less than a year. Slade was with us for 18 months before his disciple Trollope had a few months. Warnock rescued things, got us promoted and relegated, was sacked and now Neil Harris is in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I remember scott sinclair's debut game, he came on and looked a cut above, had not seen speed and skills like that from a Cardiff player before, unfortunately we couldn't afford the 500k they wanted for him and he went to Swansea not long after.
    Scott Sinclair never played for us. Do you mean Wayne Routledge?

Dave Bennett at Millwall 1982? First Sunday game we played I think, unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    The best individual performance I have seen in a City shirt is Greg Farrell's in the 5-3 relegation saving game against Middlesbrough in 1966. He was absolutely untouchable. Not seen the like of it since.
    Agree 100%. The fact he did it in such an important game made it even more exceptional.
    Why the hell he couldn't replicate that performance even occasionally I do not know.