+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season ticket refunds

Season ticket refunds

Swansea have told their supporters they're entitled to a partial refund. Wonder if other clubs will follow suit?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52752522

Re: Season ticket refunds

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Swansea have told their supporters they're entitled to a partial refund. Wonder if other clubs will follow suit?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52752522

Shirley it’ll be better to offer better deals off new season tickets (whenever that is), to encourage fans to renew !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Shirley it’ll be better to offer better deals off new season tickets (whenever that is), to encourage fans to renew !!!
    I suppose its hard to offer when there isn't much clue when we will be allowed back in. I'm assuming if next season is largely crowd free then there would be a better online alternative than what they had in place this season.

Probably have to be open to accept refunds, if it helps the club in any way I'm probably not rushing back for mine but no issues if others do want one as they should be entitled to it.

indeed

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Yep
    Not sure what the legal situation would be on this tbh? Personally if i just got access to view the remainder games behind closed doors online I’d take that but it would be nice to be given the option, particularly for the oldies down there who won’t want to watch online

International

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Not sure what the legal situation would be on this tbh? Personally if i just got access to view the remainder games behind closed doors online I’d take that but it would be nice to be given the option, particularly for the oldies down there who won’t want to watch online
    Why would there be any legal problem? If the club want to offer deals they can.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The article implies that Swanses fans are entitled to a refund, as opposed to being offered one. Maybe fans of other clubs will claim that they are also entitled to a refund, but the club are going to dispute it?

International

They could offer either/or then everyone would be happy. But if your seat is there and available to you for the remaining games it's not the club's fault if some higher authority makes it impossible for you to attend is it?

What I mean is can they offer that as the only solution to the fans and not have an option of a refund. I.e a service paid for that they haven’t received
    As mentioned I’d be happy with a deal on it but there will be those that won’t be

They could offer either/or then everyone would be happy. But if your seat is there and available to you for the remaining games it's not the club's fault if some higher authority makes it impossible for you to attend is it?
    It's the same with everything that's been stopped by Government, holidays, concerts etc. People are entitled to a refund and the club should offer one, with the alternative of a credit for next season
    I realise not many would want a refund but there are a lot of people out there strapped for cash who could do with a bit of help.

Just playing devils advocate but for example my wife had tickets for westlife (don’t ask) in June. It’s been cancelled, it’s been refunded.
    Could the promoters of that or theatre events just say you’ll have a discount next time, or we’ll do a show on YouTube? It’s the same principle

If you pay for anything with a credit card and its not delivered or provided you can get a refund.
    God help the Premiership!