+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best individual performance against us?

Re: Best individual performance against us?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Following Eric’s good thread I’m dreadful with my memory who we were playing when we play well but can always remember when we get shafted by a different team

Who ripped us apart?
    Le Tissier which wasn’t surprising.

Sean Gregan when Preston ****ing pummelled City at Ninian. He ****ing bossed it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    League cup i think
    Correct. I was thinking it was a league game.

Another few that stick in my mind, are Stan Bowles, Duncan McKenzie and Ray Wilkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Marco Gabbiadini for Darlington at NP 99 ish?

Or was it for Northampton?
    Gabbiadini was my shout. It was for Northampton.

His goal is on YouTube somewhere, a fantastic long ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I remember bout 15/16 yrs ago, a midweek game at home to West Ham where Earnie had put us 2 up early on, but a very young Jermaine Defoe scored a stunning hat trick to sink us.
    Yes thats a good call

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Dunno. Scored 2. I remember him clapping the fans who had given him shit all night and then he turned the jeers into cheers by getting a round of applause off.
    The crowd were having a go at him because that night or shortly before the Echo reported that he had turned down the opportunity to play for Wales. Apparently he was qualified to do so. I recall there being a lot of Southampton fans at the game considering it was an evening kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Peter Shilton for Leicester in the late 1960's. Hazard for Chelsea last season at home when he came on as a sub.
    I think that was the 1-1 game I referred to in my post a few weeks ago. City player brilliantly in that game but due to Shilton's heroics we had to wait till late on for our equaliser.

May sound ridiculous but it was in a pre-season friendly against West Brom about 10-15 years ago that I witnessed a performance from an opposing player that has stuck in my mind to this day.

It was from Diomansy Kamara, who showed a level of pace and power I hadn't seen before, certainly not in a live match. None of our players could touch him, he made everything seem so easy and natural but boy it didn't half emphasise the shortcomings of our team at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The crowd were having a go at him because that night or shortly before the Echo reported that he had turned down the opportunity to play for Wales. Apparently he was qualified to do so. I recall there being a lot of Southampton fans at the game considering it was an evening kick off.
    Yeah that rings a bell.

I met Le Tissier a few years ago he did an after dinner speech at an event I attended. Thoroughly nice bloke. He patiently waiting for over 3 hours whilst dinner was served and some old twat from the Welsh FA droned on and then gave a fantastic talk himself. Funny, humble, self deprecating. Come across very well. Stopped for a picture and a chat for a good while after too. I’ve seen a few ex footballers just turn up to these events and **** straight off after but he must have been there for 4/5 hours all together.

I reminded him of that night and how he took a bit of stick but still got applauded off and he said he remembers it well.