+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best individual performance against us?

Best individual performance against us?

Following Eric’s good thread I’m dreadful with my memory who we were playing when we play well but can always remember when we get shafted by a different team

Who ripped us apart?

Re: Best individual performance against us?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Following Eric’s good thread I’m dreadful with my memory who we were playing when we play well but can always remember when we get shafted by a different team

Who ripped us apart?
    Scott Murray is one name that springs to mind.

Gerard Deulofeu still gives me nightmares.

Deulofeu last season

Peter Shilton for Leicester in the late 1960's. Hazard for Chelsea last season at home when he came on as a sub.

Jimmy Bullard comes to mind v Hull, I think.
    Paul McKenna was always a thorn in our side for Notts Forest & Preston.

Kevin Keelan, the Norwich City goalkeeper, always had a blinder against us at Ninian Park.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    Jimmy Bullard comes to mind v Hull, I think.
    Paul McKenna was always a thorn in our side for Notts Forest & Preston.

I don't Know if we are thinking about the same game but I remember Bullard tearing us apart while I think he was at Ipswich. He smacked one in from 25 yards and was a different class all night.

That Taggart guy for QPR goal was pretty good

Ah, Ipswich was it. Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    That Taggart guy for QPR goal was pretty good
    Do you mean Adel Taarabt?

Kevin Keegan for Newcastle.

My Catholic colleagues said the Pope was pretty good when he appeared in the Grandstand at Ninian Park. That evening ITV described the Stadium as dilapidated, tired and looking worse for wear which just about summed it up.

I remember bout 15/16 yrs ago, a midweek game at home to West Ham where Earnie had put us 2 up early on, but a very young Jermaine Defoe scored a stunning hat trick to sink us.

Matt Le Tissier in a league cup game in the mid 90's, think we lost 0-3 but it could and should have been much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I don't Know if we are thinking about the same game but I remember Bullard tearing us apart while I think he was at Ipswich. He smacked one in from 25 yards and was a different class all night.
    I can also remember Bullard playing City off the park while he was with Wigan in 2005. It was the game at Ninian where Graham Kavanagh returned shortly after being sold to the Latics. Unless my memory's playing tricks on me, Bullard was outstanding that day.

The game you're thinking about was in 2011. Bullard scored twice in a 2-0 win for Ipswich.

He never played against City for Hull.

The game where Bullard scored two for Ipswich we absolutely battered them and if we had been 4 or 5 up before he scored it wouldn’t have flattered us. We hit the woodwork several times and their keeper had the game of his life. I remember it because the fans booed the side off, it didn’t take much that season, which I thought was massively unjust.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I remember bout 15/16 yrs ago, a midweek game at home to West Ham where Earnie had put us 2 up early on, but a very young Jermaine Defoe scored a stunning hat trick to sink us.
    League cup i think

Matt le Tissier for Southampton in the league cup in the 90s. He got dogs abuse for having a big nose and end up getting applauded off after tearing us apart.

Eric Gates getting all 3 for Ipswich in an FA Cup in the early 80s. My recollection of him is that he had tiny feet.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Matt Le Tissier in a league cup game in the mid 90's, think we lost 0-3 but it could and should have been much worse.
    Didn't he miss a sitter from about a yard out?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Who ripped us apart?
    Jose Dominguez away at Birmingham City (the game when Paul Millar scored from miles out)

I remember him turning the game their way and seemingly playing us on his own (although I’m sure it was nothing like that in reality)

Marco Gabbiadini for Darlington at NP 99 ish?

Or was it for Northampton?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Didn't he miss a sitter from about a yard out?
    Dunno. Scored 2. I remember him clapping the fans who had given him shit all night and then he turned the jeers into cheers by getting a round of applause off.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    League cup i think
    Yes. It was even live on Sky.

Earnshaw curled home an absolute gem in the first half, we absolutely bossed them. Then came a dodgy penalty that Chris Kamara first said was a definite, then changed his mind.

I remember going down to the Bob Bank Village for my half time pint of piss while avoiding the hole in the floor absolutely fuming. They had a foothold in a game when they didn't deserve it. It affected our boys and Defoe scored twice in the second half.