+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Who is this twat TomHarwood on the BBC. So right wing he'd be halfway back on the Bob Bank.
    Hopefully he wont be in parliament for a long time and I'll be too old to care by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Who is this twat TomHarwood on the BBC. So right wing he'd be halfway back on the Bob Bank.
    Hopefully he wont be in parliament for a long time and I'll be too old to care by then.
    Thomas Hedley Fairfax "Tom" Harwood is a British political commentator, Far-right activist, and journalist. He is a senior reporter for the right-wing political news website, Guido Fawkes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Harwood

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Thomas Hedley Fairfax "Tom" Harwood is a British political commentator, Far-right activist, and journalist. He is a senior reporter for the right-wing political news website, Guido Fawkes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Harwood
    Poses himself as some anti-elite everyman, when in actual fact he went to a private school charging £6,000 a term

Tw@t.

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Poses himself as some anti-elite everyman, when in actual fact he went to a private school charging £6,000 a term

Tw@t.
    I wouldn't say that makes anyone elite in itself. Children don't choose where they go to school.
    That said, as with most of us, his parents attitude to life religion and politics undoubtedly rubbed off on him as they do to a greater or lesser degree on all of us. Even if they rub off in a negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I wouldn't say that makes anyone elite in itself. Children don't choose where they go to school.
    That said, as with most of us, his parents attitude to life religion and politics undoubtedly rubbed off on him as they do to a greater or lesser degree on all of us. Even if they rub off in a negative way.
    The point is going to a private school gives someone a huge advantage in life so they really can't paint themselves as an everyman.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The point is going to a private school gives someone a huge advantage in life so they really can't paint themselves as an everyman.
    Private schools usually churn out people who go on to study "The Classics" and Ancient History, rather than anything productive. People mock media studies - but studying "The Classics" is just as pointless.

The say a study in the classics helps with communication. After each of Johnson's addresses to the nation, we were all left asking for clarity.

Cummings' study of ancient history clearly puts him at the forefront of decision making on a catastrophe that requires scientific understanding.

They may be getting a huge advantage, but the country is usually at a huge disadvantage whenever a privately educated person becomes the leader that they were simply born to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Private schools usually churn out people who go on to study "The Classics" and Ancient History, rather than anything productive. People mock media studies - but studying "The Classics" is just as pointless.

The say a study in the classics helps with communication. After each of Johnson's addresses to the nation, we were all left asking for clarity.

Cummings' study of ancient history clearly puts him at the forefront of decision making on a catastrophe that requires scientific understanding.

They may be getting a huge advantage, but the country is usually at a huge disadvantage whenever a privately educated person becomes the leader that they were simply born to be.
    Not sure I'd agree studying 'The Classics' is pointless. Science, Art, History, Politics and Religion all have significant groundings in classical antiquity and Western culture owes a great deal to Ancient Greece and Rome. I've actually grown more interested in it the subject over time.

Anyway, back to this **at Cummings.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    My son went to a public school and he is a long way form Cummins believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    My son went to a public school and he is a long way form Cummins believe me.
    No one's saying anyone who goes to public school is like dominic cummings though, that's not the point at all.

My best mate went to public school, no one is saying it's a negative just you can't really paint yourself as an everyman.