+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    nor me lol
    Fair enough

I'll try and explain, don't worry about the term hashtag, we'll just use "words" instead:

The most talked about things on Twitter "trend", i.e they make it to a list like the one in the photo I posted as the most popular talking points, these change throughout the day. So if City beat Liverpool 4-0 in the FA Cup then "Liverpool" and "Cardiff City" would probably trend for a few hours because tens of thousands of people would be tweeting stuff like "F**K, Cardiff City just hammered Liverpool"

The Dominic Cummings story has been tweeted about more than anything else since it broke last night. We know this because words related to it have been trending - words like "LauraKuenssberg", "DominicGoings", and at one point "Arrogant"

But despite the fact that it's been spoken about on Twitter in the UK more than any other story for over 24 hours, not once has "DominicCummings" trended, which is incredibly unusual being that 99% of those tweets about him would have included his name. So I was speculating, with his track record of using fake Twitter accounts ("bots") to further an agenda or deflect attention by making a non story a story, whether those bots had a hand to play in that. And that argument is strengthened by the fact that "DominicCummngs" is trending - i.e the bots might be programmed to respond to "DominicCummIngs" so if you drop the "i" in his name they don't recognize it.

Either that or Twitter thinks people typing "Cummings" are using a dirty word and is automatically banning it, which, considering the vile language on there, is unlikely.

Hope that makes sense. It still won't to BLUETIT

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Fair enough

I'll try and explain, don't worry about the term hashtag, we'll just use "words" instead:

The most talked about things on Twitter "trend", i.e they make it to a list like the one in the photo I posted as the most popular talking points, these change throughout the day. So if City beat Liverpool 4-0 in the FA Cup then "Liverpool" and "Cardiff City" would probably trend for a few hours because tens of thousands of people would be tweeting stuff like "F**K, Cardiff City just hammered Liverpool"

The Dominic Cummings story has been tweeted about more than anything else since it broke last night. We know this because words related to it have been trending - words like "LauraKuenssberg", "DominicGoings", and at one point "Arrogant"

But despite the fact that it's been spoken about on Twitter in the UK more than any other story for over 24 hours, not once has "DominicCummings" trended, which is incredibly unusual being that 99% of those tweets about him would have included his name. So I was speculating, with his track record of using fake Twitter accounts ("bots") to further an agenda or deflect attention by making a non story a story, whether those bots had a hand to play in that. And that argument is strengthened by the fact that "DominicCummngs" is trending - i.e the bots might be programmed to respond to "DominicCummIngs" so if you drop the "i" in his name they don't recognize it.

Either that or Twitter thinks people typing "Cummings" are using a dirty word and is automatically banning it, which, considering the vile language on there, is unlikely.

Don’t you dare leave me out Delmi!!! I’ve been up since 5am trying to fathom out your newspeak, I agree with you though bit of festivity there.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    What a bunch of ***** they are.

It's like living in the Matrix.
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Don’t you dare leave me out Delmi!!! I’ve been up since 5am trying to fathom out your newspeak, I agree with you though bit of festivity there.

No apologies needed, I have to listen to “bullshit” for a few hours on every away trip, so I’m used to translating it, then totally disregarding said “bullshit”