Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
I never said I was right, I only ever said in that article there was no mention of where she was or that they had both traveled.
I also said that whatever the truth it was not the best thing he could have done. It wasn't.
At no time have I said he didn't travel or that she didn't but people misread what I wrote and assumed that was what I was saying. Personally I don't give a toss one way or the other, the biggest problem was today that this completely dominated questions on the government briefing to the detrement of other things more relevant to you and I that may have been asked.
As someone who likes to write for the public domain I would think that you could be able to read what is actually written without building in a meaning that isn't there. Perhaps it's you that is biased, in the reading, rather than me in writing?
You wrote this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the way the article read to me as that Mrs Cummings and son were already in Durham and he drove there to be with them. She says, 'would have to come home' like my Mrs used to say 'when are you coming home' when I worked away.
He drove to Durham to care for her I understood, which most men would tend to do for their wife. Whether that was right or wrong is another matter.

Who wouldn't drive 264 miles to Durham to be with his wife looks remarkably like a different, more sympathetic, interpretation on things to what was being widely accepted to me. Still we all live and learn.

I have to say though that your argument that this distracted from the core of today's government briefing did make me chuckle. Which bit of the Daily Coronavirus briefing that Grant Schapps took up prime time television by talking about the government's transport policy, a new station in Fleetwood or the widening of the A66 did you think got most overlooked?