+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I don't think it will this time. Hopefully the grilling continues and every party political broadcast, sorry I mean daily briefing, becomes unbearable for them. I don't particularly give two hoots about what Cummings did but it scares me how many reputations they are willing to burn to keep him in a job, what the hell is going on?
    I think Cummings is effectively the de facto Deputy Prime Minister and Johnson will be utterly knackered without him.

Conservative MP Steve Baker revealed today that the 'Stay At Home - Protect the NHS - Save Lives' slogans were dreamed up by Cummings, which is no great surprise. More than a little ironic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think Cummings is effectively the de facto Deputy Prime Minister and Johnson will be utterly knackered without him.

Conservative MP Steve Baker revealed today that the 'Stay At Home - Protect the NHS - Save Lives' slogans were dreamed up by Cummings, which is no great surprise. More than a little ironic, though.
    That's the nub of it isn't it. I think Cummings has to go, but what this lot will be like without him doesn't bear thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's the nub of it isn't it. I think Cummings has to go, but what this lot will be like without him doesn't bear thinking about.
    Isn't that a double negative?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For some reason, losing Cummings appears to be scarier to the Tories than losing another 20,000 people in a second spike as people start saying "bollocks" to the only effective tool we have against the spread of the disease - and that is restrictive movement.

So, the Tories are faced with a choice. Defend Cummings, make their vague "stay home/ stay alert" message even vaguer in defence of the man who won them a Brexit (through lies) and an election, or dump the man and reassert the message. I wonder which route the self serving Tory party are taking today?

They have zero credibility, but being a typical Tory Government, that doesn't really matter to them.