+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 305

Thread: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

  1. #121
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,812

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Perhaps it was this bit.

    After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown. Everything and its opposite seems true. People are frightened and they’re calm; it’s spring and it’s not. Standing in line’s a pain in the ass and the most fun you’ll have all day.
    Fair enough, I never saw that bit.

  2. #122
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,812

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    TOBW, what did I get wrong? Tell me? What assertion did I make that was wrong?

  3. #123

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I can see nothing in that article that mentions London or 'lockdown london'. I've read it several times now. Can you point it out to me please?

    I mentioned Durham because other in this thread mentioned it, no other reason.

    No one who responded to my post has referred to another article that I may not have or should have read. Not one! They merely comment on my post and assume knowledge for God knows what reason and reply to things that aren't there because that's what suits their argument.
    I never made any presumption and I never mentioned anyone travelling anywhere whether alone or with anyone else. If I did please show me where?

    Yes I was talking about one particular article, you got that bit right, so why has everyone insisted on berating me for things that are not in it and to which I never referred?

    Personally I don't give a toss what he may or may not have done, it doesn't and won't affect my life, but I never defended him anywhere. Again if I have please show me. I actually said something to the effect of "whatever the circumstances what he did was probably not very clever, but again everyone, you included choose to disregard that because it doesn't suit your argument.

    I never made any claim or assertion so how can I have been "Massively wrong"? By the way, is massively wrong somehow worse than wrong?
    "After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown. Everything and its opposite seems true. People are frightened and they’re calm; it’s spring and it’s not. Standing in line’s a pain in the ass and the most fun you’ll have all day."

    It's the 10th paragraph of the article.

    You didn't just mention Durham, xsnaggle... I said that they live in London in my post and you responded that they "also have a house in Durham." That's a pretty firm statement to make and it turned out to be false, so why say it and then pretend that you didn't?

    In regards to: "I never made any presumption and I never mentioned anyone travelling anywhere whether alone or with anyone else. If I did please show me where? "

    You really think that you never made a presumption or mention travelling?

    How about this?:

    "Correct me if I'm wrong but the way the article read to me as that Mrs Cummings and son were already in Durham and he drove there to be with them. She says, 'would have to come home' like my Mrs used to say 'when are you coming home' when I worked away.
    He drove to Durham to care for her I understood, which most men would tend to do for their wife.
    Whether that was right or wrong is another matter."

    There's at least two presumptions and a mention of who was travelling where in that post alone. You presumed that his wife was already in Durham. You presumed that Cummings drove there to care for her.

    The reason that article was brought up in the first place was because it was already out in the public knowledge (if you had bothered to read any of the other articles/news stories) that they had actually driven up there together and the reason that people were "berating you" is because you were pointlessly trying to work out what Mrs Cummings meant in her article when the news had already confirmed that your presumptions were wrong.

    I'm sorry if you didn't recognise why the discussions with you in this thread have gone this way... But trying to make out that you didn't say the things that you've said isn't going to help the discussion, is it?

  4. #124

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Apparently he made the same trip on two occasions

  5. #125

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    TOBW, what did I get wrong? Tell me? What assertion did I make that was wrong?
    Well, there's the post above for a start. You suggested his wife and son were already in Durham, it's pretty obvious now they weren't - doesn't that mean you were wrong?

  6. #126

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Fair enough, I never saw that bit.
    Don't want to labour the point then but why did you say this?

    So why don't you hilts and the others that said I was wrong in my understanding of the article actually go and read it?

  7. #127

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The ol' 1-2.

  8. #128

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    What an utterly charmless waste of space. Not an ounce of guilt that people have lost loved ones, missed births and just got on with life under a lockdown which he has flouted simply because he has kids (unlike anyone else who caught it apparently?).

    New witnesses are saying he was spotted sightseeing around the area and later returned there after recovering. Baffling why government figures who chucked Niall Ferguson immediately under the bus are queuing up to endorse this tosspot's selfish behaviour.

  9. #129
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,812

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    [QUOTE=Heisenberg;5079235]"After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown. Everything and its opposite seems true. People are frightened and they’re calm; it’s spring and it’s not. Standing in line’s a pain in the ass and the most fun you’ll have all day."

    It's the 10th paragraph of the article.

    You didn't just mention Durham, xsnaggle... I said that they live in London in my post and you responded that they "also have a house in Durham." That's a pretty firm statement to make and it turned out to be false, so why say it and then pretend that you didn't?

    In regards to: "I never made any presumption and I never mentioned anyone travelling anywhere whether alone or with anyone else. If I did please show me where? "

    You really think that you never made a presumption or mention travelling?

    How about this?:

    "Correct me if I'm wrong but the way the article read to me as that Mrs Cummings and son were already in Durham and he drove there to be with them. She says, 'would have to come home' like my Mrs used to say 'when are you coming home' when I worked away.
    He drove to Durham to care for her I understood, which most men would tend to do for their wife.
    Whether that was right or wrong is another matter."

    There's at least two presumptions and a mention of who was travelling where in that post alone. You presumed that his wife was already in Durham. You presumed that Cummings drove there to care for her.

    The reason that article was brought up in the first place was because it was already out in the public knowledge (if you had bothered to read any of the other articles/news stories) that they had actually driven up there together and the reason that people were "berating you" is because you were pointlessly trying to work out what Mrs Cummings meant in her article when the news had already confirmed that your presumptions were wrong.

    I'm sorry if you didn't recognise why the discussions with you in this thread have gone this way... But trying to make out that you didn't say the things that you've said isn't going to help the discussion, is it?[/QUOTE

    I never made any assertion about them travelling together or alone. I read one article where she said he would come home. i related that to what my wife used to say. I didn't read other articles and never referred to other articles, only to the one in the post I responded to. Everyone started on about information they assumed I should know but I was only referring to that article, and it is all I have referred to. There could be a million articles out there, i haven't read any of them and am not interested in them.
    I had no knowledge of them driving together and wasn't really interested, As I said, whatever the circumstances it was dumb. My problem is that a lot of people are trying to use it to "Accuse" me of defending him, although I didn't. And why defending someone should be action to cause an 'accusation' is beyond me. Could it be political? But ! don't want to go there either.

    If I "had bothered" are you suggesting that I should read what I'm told to read.
    My post was about 1 post, nothing more. All the rest has been about everything else. Its just indignation for the sake of it. Its bollox.

  10. #130
    International City123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,070

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    This quote springs to mind when seeing how some ministers are defending him: "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command"

  11. #131

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    "After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown. Everything and its opposite seems true. People are frightened and they’re calm; it’s spring and it’s not. Standing in line’s a pain in the ass and the most fun you’ll have all day."

    It's the 10th paragraph of the article.

    You didn't just mention Durham, xsnaggle... I said that they live in London in my post and you responded that they "also have a house in Durham." That's a pretty firm statement to make and it turned out to be false, so why say it and then pretend that you didn't?

    In regards to: "I never made any presumption and I never mentioned anyone travelling anywhere whether alone or with anyone else. If I did please show me where? "

    You really think that you never made a presumption or mention travelling?

    How about this?:

    "Correct me if I'm wrong but the way the article read to me as that Mrs Cummings and son were already in Durham and he drove there to be with them. She says, 'would have to come home' like my Mrs used to say 'when are you coming home' when I worked away.
    He drove to Durham to care for her I understood, which most men would tend to do for their wife.
    Whether that was right or wrong is another matter."

    There's at least two presumptions and a mention of who was travelling where in that post alone. You presumed that his wife was already in Durham. You presumed that Cummings drove there to care for her.

    The reason that article was brought up in the first place was because it was already out in the public knowledge (if you had bothered to read any of the other articles/news stories) that they had actually driven up there together and the reason that people were "berating you" is because you were pointlessly trying to work out what Mrs Cummings meant in her article when the news had already confirmed that your presumptions were wrong.

    I'm sorry if you didn't recognise why the discussions with you in this thread have gone this way... But trying to make out that you didn't say the things that you've said isn't going to help the discussion, is it?
    I never made any assertion about them travelling together or alone. I read one article where she said he would come home. i related that to what my wife used to say. I didn't read other articles and never referred to other articles, only to the one in the post I responded to. Everyone started on about information they assumed I should know but I was only referring to that article, and it is all I have referred to. There could be a million articles out there, i haven't read any of them and am not interested in them.
    I had no knowledge of them driving together and wasn't really interested, As I said, whatever the circumstances it was dumb. My problem is that a lot of people are trying to use it to "Accuse" me of defending him, although I didn't. And why defending someone should be action to cause an 'accusation' is beyond me. Could it be political? But ! don't want to go there either.

    If I "had bothered" are you suggesting that I should read what I'm told to read.
    My post was about 1 post, nothing more. All the rest has been about everything else. Its just indignation for the sake of it. Its bollox.
    Why did I bother replying. You asked me to point out the things that you have argued that you haven't said and when presented with them in black and white you still deny it.

    I give up.

  12. #132
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,812

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Why did I bother replying. You asked me to point out the things that you have argued that you haven't said and when presented with them in black and white you still deny it.

    I give up.
    What am I supposed to be denying? I don't mean from now but from the original post? What did I say as a fact that I have to deny? and please don't move the goalposts.

  13. #133

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    It's very confusing. According to the Guardian:

    He's in Durham 31 March and the police called on him.

    He's local at Barnards Castle on 12 April

    14 April he's in London

    19 April he's in Durham

  14. #134

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    It's very confusing. According to the Guardian:

    He's in Durham 31 March and the police called on him.

    He's local at Barnards Castle on 12 April

    14 April he's in London

    19 April he's in Durham
    Media frenzy desperate for a scalp, I still think he's an arrogant toss , he knows how to get to people, remainers hate him , this board have kicked off big time , they must be salivating.

  15. #135

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    It's very confusing. According to the Guardian:

    He's in Durham 31 March and the police called on him.

    He's local at Barnards Castle on 12 April

    14 April he's in London

    19 April he's in Durham
    It will be interesting I guess whether his ability to traverse the M1/A1 was capable of repetition

  16. #136

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Media frenzy desperate for a scalp, I still think he's an arrogant toss , he knows how to get to people, remainers hate him , this board have kicked off big time , they must be salivating.
    He’s travelled up and down the country with a deadly infection just to wind Remain voters up.

    Cheers for clearing that up

  17. #137

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The ol' 1-2.
    You do wonder whether it is the ol' 1-2-3 (and we have the negatives)!

  18. #138

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You do wonder whether it is the ol' 1-2-3 (and we have the negatives)!
    He’s been done like a kipper. Sweet.

  19. #139
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,812

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    I don't even follow the time line. Was it before or after he was "sick" or in between?

  20. #140

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What am I supposed to be denying? I don't mean from now but from the original post? What did I say as a fact that I have to deny? and please don't move the goalposts.
    This is the last time I'll respond as it has become a complete farce.

    You said in a post further up that you never made any presumptions (not "assertions" - talk about moving goalposts, eh?) about the story and never mentioned who may have travelled alone etc.

    As well as the post where you said that you have interpreted the article as the wife and child already being in Durham and Cummings driving up to meet them... In another post you responded by saying:

    "When I read that he rushed home I assumed she meant Durham, the have a home there but i still cannot find a reference to London"

    That's another assumption and a statement of fact to follow it. You literally said "I assumed" in the text.

    Are you still going to deny that you made a lot of assumptions and stated some facts based on that article, even though it's there in black and white?

    I assume that you will reply with another convoluted response, but have at it.

  21. #141

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Cummings done like a kipper or should I say done like a Ukipper

  22. #142
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,812

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This is the last time I'll respond as it has become a complete farce.

    You said in a post further up that you never made any presumptions (not "assertions" - talk about moving goalposts, eh?) about the story and never mentioned who may have travelled alone etc.

    As well as the post where you said that you have interpreted the article as the wife and child already being in Durham and Cummings driving up to meet them... In another post you responded by saying:

    "When I read that he rushed home I assumed she meant Durham, the have a home there but i still cannot find a reference to London"

    That's another assumption and a statement of fact to follow it. You literally said "I assumed" in the text.

    Are you still going to deny that you made a lot of assumptions and stated some facts based on that article, even though it's there in black and white?

    I assume that you will reply with another convoluted response, but have at it.
    No I don't deny I made assumptions but I want to know what all the posts were accusing me of. I never claimed to know everything i only said what the article made me think? So what exactly am I being accused of? What must I deny? I don't mean in my exchanges with you I mean when this baby shit storm started originally? Can you tell me?

  23. #143

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    No I don't deny I made assumptions but I want to know what all the posts were accusing me of. I never claimed to know everything i only said what the article made me think? So what exactly am I being accused of? What must I deny? I don't mean in my exchanges with you I mean when this baby shit storm started originally? Can you tell me?
    They're accusing you of making the wrong assumptions

  24. #144

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    He’s travelled up and down the country with a deadly infection just to wind Remain voters up.

    Cheers for clearing that up
    AND,,,,, AND,,,,, he's been reading this board and salivating at us getting upset.

  25. #145

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    I am starting to think this could actually be the end of Cummings. I wonder if he'll go quietly if it is the end.

  26. #146

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Apparently Dominic Cummings travelled further in lock-down to visit his parents than Crewe Alexandra have ever travelled for a competitive football match.

    *attempts to bring this back to football.

  27. #147

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I am starting to think this could actually be the end of Cummings. I wonder if he'll go quietly if it is the end.
    That is the funniest idea I have seen so far. The main reason that he has a Tory force field around him is because of the chaos he has available if he is let loose!

    He has no loyalty to the Tory Party. His ambition is to trash orthodoxy and replace it with his own vision of the New World Order. Obviously as long as the new world still has an extensive free holding in Durham if the revolution goes wrong and you have to retreat to the country pile!

  28. #148
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,812

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    That is the funniest idea I have seen so far. The main reason that he has a Tory force field around him is because of the chaos he has available if he is let loose!
    I thought that, safer to have him in the tent pissing out than to have him outside the tent pissing in!

  29. #149

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    To the person who spotted Dominic Cummings in Durham and reported it to the police.

    Well done for staying alert.


  30. #150

    Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    To the person who spotted Dominic Cummings in Durham and reported it to the police.

    Well done for staying alert.

    Cummings is complaining that under the guidelines at the time the person that identified him should have been staying at home though!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •