+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Interestingly, despite the fact that this story has dominated British Twitter for the last two days, not once has "Dominic Cummings" trended. People have now started hashtagging #DominicCummngs instead and it's top trending. Either Twitter's got an overzealous profanity filter (unlikely because you can still hashtag #DominicCummings) or his bots are at work.

Apologies to BLUETIT who won't understand a word of what I just typed.

Screenshot 2020-05-23 at 23.54.24.jpg

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Interestingly, despite the fact that this story has dominated British Twitter for the last two days, not once has "Dominic Cummings" trended. People have now started hashtagging #DominicCummngs instead and it's top trending. Either Twitter's got an overzealous profanity filter (unlikely because you can still hashtag #DominicCummings) or his bots are at work.

nor me lol

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    nor me lol
    Fair enough

I'll try and explain, don't worry about the term hashtag, we'll just use "words" instead:

The most talked about things on Twitter "trend", i.e they make it to a list like the one in the photo I posted as the most popular talking points, these change throughout the day. So if City beat Liverpool 4-0 in the FA Cup then "Liverpool" and "Cardiff City" would probably trend for a few hours because tens of thousands of people would be tweeting stuff like "F**K, Cardiff City just hammered Liverpool"

The Dominic Cummings story has been tweeted about more than anything else since it broke last night. We know this because words related to it have been trending - words like "LauraKuenssberg", "DominicGoings", and at one point "Arrogant"

But despite the fact that it's been spoken about on Twitter in the UK more than any other story for over 24 hours, not once has "DominicCummings" trended, which is incredibly unusual being that 99% of those tweets about him would have included his name. So I was speculating, with his track record of using fake Twitter accounts ("bots") to further an agenda or deflect attention by making a non story a story, whether those bots had a hand to play in that. And that argument is strengthened by the fact that "DominicCummngs" is trending - i.e the bots might be programmed to respond to "DominicCummIngs" so if you drop the "i" in his name they don't recognize it.

Either that or Twitter thinks people typing "Cummings" are using a dirty word and is automatically banning it, which, considering the vile language on there, is unlikely.

Hope that makes sense. It still won't to BLUETIT

What a bunch of ***** they are.

It's like living in the Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    To the person who spotted Dominic Cummings in Durham and reported it to the police.

Well done for staying alert.

Lol

Fair enough

I'll try and explain, don't worry about the term hashtag, we'll just use "words" instead:

The most talked about things on Twitter "trend", i.e they make it to a list like the one in the photo I posted as the most popular talking points, these change throughout the day. So if City beat Liverpool 4-0 in the FA Cup then "Liverpool" and "Cardiff City" would probably trend for a few hours because tens of thousands of people would be tweeting stuff like "F**K, Cardiff City just hammered Liverpool"

The Dominic Cummings story has been tweeted about more than anything else since it broke last night. We know this because words related to it have been trending - words like "LauraKuenssberg", "DominicGoings", and at one point "Arrogant"

But despite the fact that it's been spoken about on Twitter in the UK more than any other story for over 24 hours, not once has "DominicCummings" trended, which is incredibly unusual being that 99% of those tweets about him would have included his name. So I was speculating, with his track record of using fake Twitter accounts ("bots") to further an agenda or deflect attention by making a non story a story, whether those bots had a hand to play in that. And that argument is strengthened by the fact that "DominicCummngs" is trending - i.e the bots might be programmed to respond to "DominicCummIngs" so if you drop the "i" in his name they don't recognize it.

Either that or Twitter thinks people typing "Cummings" are using a dirty word and is automatically banning it, which, considering the vile language on there, is unlikely.

Don’t you dare leave me out Delmi!!! I’ve been up since 5am trying to fathom out your newspeak, I agree with you though bit of festivity there.

Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    What a bunch of ***** they are.

It's like living in the Matrix.
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Don’t you dare leave me out Delmi!!! I’ve been up since 5am trying to fathom out your newspeak, I agree with you though bit of festivity there.

No apologies needed, I have to listen to “bullshit” for a few hours on every away trip, so I’m used to translating it, then totally disregarding said “bullshit”

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    What an utterly charmless waste of space. Not an ounce of guilt that people have lost loved ones, missed births and just got on with life under a lockdown which he has flouted simply because he has kids (unlike anyone else who caught it apparently?).

New witnesses are saying he was spotted sightseeing around the area and later returned there after recovering. Baffling why government figures who chucked Niall Ferguson immediately under the bus are queuing up to endorse this tosspot's selfish behaviour.
    Might it be, given his privileged access to No 10, he has too much dirt on the PM and the cabinet? After all, it is Cummings in charge of the country. He's not going to sack himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-is-a-disgrace

The same day a 13 year old kid is laid to rest without any family allowed to grieve at his grave, the self entitled wanker is travelling the length of the country whilst knowingly infected.

Seems fair?

It’s mad that even Dominic Cummings gets a ****ing defence task force on here

One of the most loathsome individuals in politics and there’s still a group who will defend his indefensible actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-is-a-disgrace

The same day a 13 year old kid is laid to rest without any family allowed to grieve at his grave, the self entitled wanker is travelling the length of the country whilst knowingly infected.

Seems fair?
    Based on their statements so far the government stance on that would be that the parents weren't 'concerned' enough and those who have died weren't 'fighters' like are brave Boris.

Tone deaf scum is too kind a description at this point.

His stuttering and weak defence of Cummings over the last couple of days clearly shows they’re just hoping a sheer lack of shame will see them through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    His stuttering and weak defence of Cummings over the last couple of days clearly shows they’re just hoping a sheer lack of shame will see them through it.

I don't think it will this time. Hopefully the grilling continues and every party political broadcast, sorry I mean daily briefing, becomes unbearable for them. I don't particularly give two hoots about what Cummings did but it scares me how many reputations they are willing to burn to keep him in a job, what the hell is going on?

I have a serious dislike for Grant Shapps (he is a MP in a local seat to me) but he deserves a very large Sunday afternoon drink after being thrown to the wolves like this. Where is Boris, or even Gove? Cummings is there because of them.

His time is it was up and may have been planned for a while , he was always a short sharp shock appointee, last week lots of changes were going on behind the scenes , appointments within the background mechanism of government . I now wonder if he was ousted from within as he has lots of enemies , Boris has yet to speak, he's just be quoted as nos 10 says.

Political house of cards moment approaches

So Cummings’s self isolates 250 miles away to be near his family so his sister and niece can leave groceries on his doorstep. Surly his chum Boris could have organised a Sainsbury’s slot for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I don't think it will this time. Hopefully the grilling continues and every party political broadcast, sorry I mean daily briefing, becomes unbearable for them. I don't particularly give two hoots about what Cummings did but it scares me how many reputations they are willing to burn to keep him in a job, what the hell is going on?
    I think Cummings is effectively the de facto Deputy Prime Minister and Johnson will be utterly knackered without him.

Conservative MP Steve Baker revealed today that the 'Stay At Home - Protect the NHS - Save Lives' slogans were dreamed up by Cummings, which is no great surprise. More than a little ironic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    So Cummings’s self isolates 250 miles away to be near his family so his sister and niece can leave groceries on his doorstep. Surly his chum Boris could have organised a Sainsbury’s slot for him.
    One would also have assumed that his brother-in-law, who lives nearby in London, could have performed a similar function.

What a coincidence that Cummings was in Durham for his mother's birthday and out and about on his wife's birthday.

I was sat in the flat on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

What a complete shithouse he is

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    One would also have assumed that his brother-in-law, who lives nearby in London, could have performed a similar function.

What a coincidence that Cummings was in Durham for his mother's birthday and out and about on his wife's birthday.

I was sat in the flat on mine.
    To be fair you spend every birthday on your own in your flat

It's got nothing to do with self isolation

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think Cummings is effectively the de facto Deputy Prime Minister and Johnson will be utterly knackered without him.

Conservative MP Steve Baker revealed today that the 'Stay At Home - Protect the NHS - Save Lives' slogans were dreamed up by Cummings, which is no great surprise. More than a little ironic, though.
    That's the nub of it isn't it. I think Cummings has to go, but what this lot will be like without him doesn't bear thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's the nub of it isn't it. I think Cummings has to go, but what this lot will be like without him doesn't bear thinking about.
    Isn't that a double negative?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For some reason, losing Cummings appears to be scarier to the Tories than losing another 20,000 people in a second spike as people start saying "bollocks" to the only effective tool we have against the spread of the disease - and that is restrictive movement.

So, the Tories are faced with a choice. Defend Cummings, make their vague "stay home/ stay alert" message even vaguer in defence of the man who won them a Brexit (through lies) and an election, or dump the man and reassert the message. I wonder which route the self serving Tory party are taking today?

They have zero credibility, but being a typical Tory Government, that doesn't really matter to them.

I wonder if stay home was changed to stay alert because they knew he's broken the stay home message so many times and it was always going to come out.

Today's briefing delayed until five and a couple of police officers have called at Dominic Cummings' house, but there was no answer - if I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say this was very significant.