+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Banned

Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Today's briefing delayed until five and a couple of police officers have called at Dominic Cummings' house, but there was no answer - if I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say this was very significant.
    He won't know if he is Cummings or Goings. Is the extra time to allow Johnson to get out of whatever bed he's spent the day in?

a couple of police officers have called at Dominic Cummings' house, but there was no answer
    Surely the police now know that's the last place you would expect to find him

International

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Surely the police now know that's the last place you would expect to find him
    He's been in downing street for the last 5 hours, it was just this minute on BBC news
    Maybe the Police should check with the BBC about all the other people they'd like to talk to ? lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    He's been in downing street for the last 5 hours, it was just this minute on BBC news
    Maybe the Police should check with the BBC about all the other people they'd like to talk to ? lol
    Damn the BBC for reporting facts. It'll never do.

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Damn the BBC for reporting facts. It'll never do.
    It wouldn't have happened in Chamberlain's day.

Banned

It wouldn't have happened in Chamberlain's day.
    Yes, you may well be right. If you send me a link I can read it myself and make my own mind up.

Today's briefing delayed until five and a couple of police officers have called at Dominic Cummings' house, but there was no answer - if I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say this was very significant.
    Boris is doing the briefing as well.

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Yes, you may well be right. If you send me a link I can read it myself and make my own mind up.
    I sent you a reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    If Cummings can get him out of the cupboard!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    But Sundays are for shagging.

Apparantly a man who look like Cummins was seen at Barnard Castle 30 miles from Durham with a woman and child.
    The guy who saw him is a retired professional.
    Apparently he made a note of the number plate. Interesting.
    I wonder what will be in the newspapers tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Apparantly a man who look like Cummins was seen at Barnard Castle 30 miles from Durham with a woman and child.
    The guy who saw him is a retired professional.
    Apparently he made a note of the number plate. Interesting.
    I wonder what will be in the newspapers tomorrow.
    Sky are saying the number plate he wrote down matches a car used previously by DC.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Sky are saying the number plate he wrote down matches a car used previously by DC.
    I'm a sceptic. If he thought that why didn't it come into the public domain at the time? Maybe he was 'reminded' of the number plate he saw later. Not a defence of him, I think he's a scummer, but I don't have any great faith in newspapers with a political axe to grind who ask thousands of people until they find one who 'remember's something that the paper may then pay to publish. I don't mean just in this case but very often for all kinds of reasons.

That said, I think Cummins should be sacked anyway, just for being himself, let alone doing anything so wrong and stupid.

Heisenberg

Judging by everyone's refusal to answer when Johnson knew about Cummings' jaunt up north (including BJ himself today), that just screams that he knew from the beginning.

If that's the case - he can't fire Cummings because he'd be just as liable for allowing it to happen.

Heisenberg

I'm a sceptic. If he thought that why didn't it come into the public domain at the time? Maybe he was 'reminded' of the number plate he saw later. Not a defence of him, I think he's a scummer, but I don't have any great faith in newspapers with a political axe to grind who ask thousands of people until they find one who 'remember's something that the paper may then pay to publish. I don't mean just in this case but very often for all kinds of reasons.

That said, I think Cummins should be sacked anyway, just for being himself, let alone doing anything so wrong and stupid.
    Apparently, The Mirror and The Guardian have been working on the story since from the start. It's just broken this weekend because of their fact checking, speaking to witnesses etc. It's only been a month, xsnaggle... Some stories take a year or more before they break.

I agree , the way he dealt with fair questioning by the press outside his house showed arrogance and contempt for everyone

I would sack him for that alone

I read he has it in his search history. But probably best to wait and see. Just blaming media campaigning is an old Trump trick. I think this has public interest given the sacrifices people have been told to make. But let’s find out what the facts are first.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I agree , the way he dealt with fair questioning by the press outside his house showed arrogance and contempt for everyone

I would sack him for that alone
    I don't think you can sack someone for supposedly being arrogant. Being hounded by the press like him, I might be the same.

On 23 March Boris gave his stay at home message. On 24 March Dr Harries, deputy chief medical officer, was asked a question by the press regarding what parents should do should do if they show symptoms and need childcare.

The answer was very much in line with what Dominic Cummings did, ie it was a reasonable excuse to visit family.

So maybe Boris is right in defending his actions

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I don't think you can sack someone for supposedly being arrogant. Being hounded by the press like him, I might be the same.

On 23 March Boris gave his stay at home message. On 24 March Dr Harries, deputy chief medical officer, was asked a question by the press regarding what parents should do should do if they show symptoms and need childcare.

The answer was very much in line with what Dominic Cummings did, ie it was a reasonable excuse to visit family.

So maybe Boris is right in defending his actions
    Harries spoke about parents not being able to provide care and seeking help. I believe The Cummins’ were able to look after their child throughout.

Surely every family where a member had symptoms potentially faced the prospect of not being able to provide care for young children depending on how the disease evolved. Fortunately it seems most cases are mild to moderate which is presumably why the government told people to stay at home as they thought most could cope.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Harries spoke about parents not being able to provide care and seeking help. I believe The Cummins’ were able to look after their child throughout.

Surely every family where a member had symptoms potentially faced the prospect of not being able to provide care for young children depending on how the disease evolved. Fortunately it seems most cases are mild to moderate which is presumably why the government told people to stay at home as they thought most could cope.
    I understand this can be a nasty disease and floors some people even worse than flu. So if I had a wife with it and was showing symptoms myself I'd be very concerned for my young child and my first port of call would be my parents or in laws.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Apparently, The Mirror and The Guardian have been working on the story since from the start. It's just broken this weekend because of their fact checking, speaking to witnesses etc. It's only been a month, xsnaggle... Some stories take a year or more before they break.
    I do realise that. But the longer these things take the more they appear to be 'manufactured' rather than a member of the public with just concerns going public as soon as he or she sees something wrong. Does it mean that the papers in question were suppressing the thing until it suited their bigger agenda?

None of which excuses him of course it just makes it smell a bit more politically motivated.

I understand this can be a nasty disease and floors some people even worse than flu. So if I had a wife with it and was showing symptoms myself I'd be very concerned for my young child and my first port of call would be my parents or in laws.
    You really shouldn’t expose your parents or in laws to this virus.

So youd put a 4 year old in the car with 2 of you with coronavirus and drive to the elderly in laws or parents 260 miles away.

The hoops xsnaggle and lisvaneblue are junmping through your defend a **** like Cummings is admirable in its absurdity.

Boris is showing loyalty for what Cummings delivered for him , as a friend he's stating loyality , whilst others whisper in Dominic's ear to resign quietly .

House of Cards stuff .

I seem to remember Alistair Campbell delightful moments , and calls for his resignation , Campbell and Cummings are cut from the same cloth .

Oh if I had the same power, money , ability , I'd have done the same as Cummings and scarparped to a rural virus free world for my family .

Doesnt make it right just a self preservation thingy .