Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
You wrote this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the way the article read to me as that Mrs Cummings and son were already in Durham and he drove there to be with them. She says, 'would have to come home' like my Mrs used to say 'when are you coming home' when I worked away.
He drove to Durham to care for her I understood, which most men would tend to do for their wife. Whether that was right or wrong is another matter.

Who wouldn't drive 264 miles to Durham to be with his wife looks remarkably like a different, more sympathetic, interpretation on things to what was being widely accepted to me. Still we all live and learn.

I have to say though that your argument that this distracted from the core of today's government briefing did make me chuckle. Which bit of the Daily Coronavirus briefing that Grant Schapps took up prime time television by talking about the government's transport policy, a new station in Fleetwood or the widening of the A66 did you think got most overlooked?
What I said may have been sympathetic, but again, I was only reacting to that article, without any knowledge of any other reports on the subject. Why does no one actually grasp that? Becuuas it doesn't suit their argument???

As for the briefing, each minister that gets stood up there talks about his own brief, and its often a deflection, but the information from the clinicians is normally insightful and the questions can probe the numbers and the information that drives decisions. From your comment I get the impression you are implying that it isn't relevant to Wales. In which case should we only listen to the Wales briefing If the people on here did do that we wouldn't be having this conversation because its not relevant to Wales. You can't have it both ways can you?