+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    You think that a millionaire with Cummings contacts needed to drive 260 miles for help FFS mun get your head out of your backside.
    That’s why I don’t understand why anyone is defending him

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He would be the first person in the history of the world to complete 200+ mile trip without a stop, with a four year old in the car.
    I’ve done Glasgow to cardiff a few times.....just give them a wee dram before you leave, it’s fine

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm a sceptic. If he thought that why didn't it come into the public domain at the time? Maybe he was 'reminded' of the number plate he saw later. Not a defence of him, I think he's a scummer, but I don't have any great faith in newspapers with a political axe to grind who ask thousands of people until they find one who 'remember's something that the paper may then pay to publish. I don't mean just in this case but very often for all kinds of reasons.

That said, I think Cummins should be sacked anyway, just for being himself, let alone doing anything so wrong and stupid.

DC said that he didn't travel up a second time so the 'number plate' spotter is suspect, especially as its not the plate on his current car. Im not defending him but from comments made on this board we seem to be a group of self-righteous hypocrites.

Whilst DC got all the newspaper headlines, I was more concerned with comments in the business news that we are heading for a job loss tsunami once the government subsides stop later this year. Very worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    DC said that he didn't travel up a second time so the 'number plate' spotter is suspect, especially as its not the plate on his current car. Im not defending him but from comments made on this board we seem to be a group of self-righteous hypocrites.

Whilst DC got all the newspaper headlines, I was more concerned with comments in the business news that we are heading for a job loss tsunami once the government subsides stop later this year. Very worrying.
    How are we self righteous hypocrites? We’ve all been following the lockdown. I haven’t seen my parents since January, missed a family funeral, missed 3 family members birthday, couldn’t visit my grandad in hospital after he had a heart attack.

Yet this multimillionaire drove north with symptoms of the coronavirus to visit elderly parents because he “needed childcare”.

The job losses and pending recession have been discussed to death in the covid thread.

I suppose I shouldn’t be shocked that someone whose first port of call when contracting covid would be to visit their parents is shocked a thread about Dominic Cummings is discussing Dominic Cummings.

I honestly can’t imagine how much of a one eyed Tory anyone must be to defend this.

Banned

The second point deserves its own thread, but it has been spoken about a few times here.

The first point, what makes us hypocritical? By and large I think the majority of people have been following the guidelines. I remember one guy travelling to Brecon for some posh meat, but that is about it.

Oh did he say that? Well he's been completely honest from the start hasn't he, so I will be taking his word as 100% the full story from now on.

Speak for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    The second point deserves its own thread, but it has been spoken about a few times here.

The first point, what makes us hypocritical? By and large I think the majority of people have been following the guidelines. I remember one guy travelling to Brecon for some posh meat, but that is about it.
    Well I did ask for advice and some of the replies were sensible and I thank those for their help. But so far Ive not been to Brecon, and I'm not sure that posh meat is sold there, but what is sold is good quality Welsh meat, direct from the farm.

Banned

Well I did ask for advice and some of the replies were sensible and I thank those for their help. But so far Ive not been to Brecon, and I'm not sure that posh meat is sold there, but what is sold is good quality Welsh meat, direct from the farm.
    Ah right. I'm just wondering what makes the rest of us hypocritical?

Hypocrite or not, here’s an article from a leading English QC about recent events. Perhaps interesting to at least try to understand the legal position:
    https://insights.doughtystreet.co.uk...ly-and-legally

Self righteous hypocrites?

Your attempted defence of these twats is becoming laughable now.

https://news.sky.com/story/scientifi...mings-11994132

This has it spot on, the majority of us weren’t staying home for our own good, we were staying home for everyone’s good.

Now they’ve shown it’s one rule for us plebs and another if you’re a multimillionaire people are going to start breaking the rules too.

How anyone can defend him is beyond me. Is an awful **** when he isn’t doing stuff like this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Hypocrite or not, here’s an article from a leading English QC about recent events. Perhaps interesting to at least try to understand the legal position:
    From that article:

"Currently there are questions to be answered as to how Mr. Cummings says that he acted legally. Indeed, unlike all those people who have been prosecuted to date, Mr. Cummings' household actually did have COVID-19.

"As to the responsibility of his actions, it is completely clear that Mr. Cummings breached government guidance which is presumed to be responsible. Whilst the strategy of attempting to argue that Mr. Cummings' conduct was within government guidelines is insulting and distressing to those who have made terrible sacrifices by staying indoors away from family, it also clears the "we're all in this together" smokescreen to reveal a political plane where different rules apply."

That is absolutely bang on. The government are thumbing their noses at us. Their laughable defence of Cummings is a genuine insult to the public's intelligence.

"Whilst the strategy of attempting to argue that Mr. Cummings' conduct was within government guidelines is insulting and distressing to those who have made terrible sacrifices by staying indoors away from family, it also clears the "we're all in this together" smokescreen to reveal a political plane where different rules apply."

This is the crux of it and why the arrogant fool should fall on his sword.
    If he doesn't he should have his collar felt like the many others beforehand referenced in the article.
    His boss too!

He made it clear he didnt break any law or rules. Then the gutless prick shit himself and said oh ok you can stay.

Its not just Cummings its Johnson and his team who are backing this twat who need to go.

Well done Boris youve me feel id welcome the return of Cameron and Osborne.

A friend has just copied onto Facebook a government tweet from the Prime Minister's office on 15/04/20. It reads:

Don't break the rules. If you do, it won't just impact you.

If one person breaks the rules, we will all suffer.

Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.

Obviously Dominic Cummings was exempt from this instruction.

Can I ask do you have any evidence that any of us self righteous hypocrites on here made two car journeys (I assume he went by car and didn't use public transport) totalling 520 miles (not to mention another reported round trip of sixty miles) while suffering from virus symptoms at a time when it was at its peak?

One thing the article clarified for me was that the inclusion of "keep following this advice to the best of your ability, however we are aware that not all these measures will be possible." was designed to recognise that distancing in the home with children, for example, may be challenging but nevertheless people should do their best.

It was not intended, as suggested, as an opt-out clause for people to just follow their own instincts and ignore the central message which was to stay at home.

Banned

One thing the article clarified for me was that the inclusion of "keep following this advice to the best of your ability, however we are aware that not all these measures will be possible." was designed to highlight that distancing in the home with children, for example, may be challenging but nevertheless people should do their best.

It was not intended, as suggested, as an opt-out clause for people to just follow their own instincts and ignore the central message which was to stay at home.
    As much as it pains me to say this, but people who have been rightly fined for breaching the guidelines should consider appealing because the guidelines appear to have a huge element of flexibility and ambiguity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A friend has just copied onto Facebook a government tweet from the Prime Minister's office on 15/04/20. It reads:

Don't break the rules. If you do, it won't just impact you.

If one person breaks the rules, we will all suffer.

Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.

Obviously Dominic Cummings was exempt from this instruction.
    But but but he acted on instinct he was so terrified of what would happen to his 4 year old child he done what we all would do drive to the nearest place of help. Didnt even have time to get his old dear a birthday card and collapsed on the floor when he go there. And anyway that bastard Vaughan Gething had a bag of chips and what about Stephen Kinnock.?

I watched 1917 yesterday. Doms heroic trip to Durham in a life or death situation was similar heroism. Knighthood and Movie on its way.

Whilst the future state of the economy is concerning for all of us I'm much more worried about the selfish actions of a jumped up member of the elite and his immoral coterie and their impact on the possible consequential deaths of innocent human beings by undermining SAGE and indeed sage recommendations.

The economy can wait; this very serious breach must be addressed urgently.

I thought the journalists at yesterday's Press Conference gave Johnson a very easy time. They had all day to think of killer questions to ask but flunked it. Not one pursued in detail the question of the 30 mile day trip from Durham and seemed to concentrate on the 260 mile journey which was easier to justify although not even that was questioned foresically. Why didn't they ask if Cummings stopped en route to buy fuel or use the toilet facilities at service areas which could have spread infection to others and would have been against the so called rules. Notably there was not a single journalist from the Mirror, Guardian or Observer in attendance. Presumably they were not invited to attend.

Johnson has made a terrific error in judgment by not sacking Cummings as when the truth comes out he could well come to regret his decision. Lucky for the government Parliament is in recess as Starmer would have a field day unlike his useless predecessor. This is a fiasco that won't, or shouldn't be allowed, to go away

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I thought the journalists at yesterday's Press Conference gave Johnson a very easy time. They had all day to think of killer questions to ask but flunked it. Not one pursued in detail the question of the 30 mile day trip from Durham and seemed to concentrate on the 260 mile journey which was easier to justify although not even that was questioned foresically. Why didn't they ask if Cummings stopped en route to buy fuel or use the toilet facilities at service areas which could have spread infection to others and would have been against the so called rules. Notably there was not a single journalist from the Mirror, Guardian or Observer in attendance. Presumably they were not invited to attend.

Johnson has made a terrific error in judgment by not sacking Cummings as when the truth comes out he could well come to regret his decision. Lucky for the government Parliament is in recess as Starmer would have a field day unlike his useless predecessor. This is a fiasco that won't, or shouldn't be allowed, to go away
    Perhaps if he sacks Cummings he knows he has to go as well and maybe some or all of his useless team.

Youd think theyd all know the bufoons puppet master was in Durham.