+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    why did you you reply to / quote a post of your own ? ? ?

did you forget something ? ? ?
    I thought I edited it rather than quoted it. Apologies to the ccmb police.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He probably meant to log in as Rudy Gestede
    What? It’s clearly following on from it, the edit button is right by the quote button. Very easy mistake to make when you’ve got fat fingers like me

Not everyone needs a second account to slag people off. We haven’t seen your one with the goodfellas photo for a while in fairness though.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What? It’s clearly following on from it, the edit button is right by the quote button. Very easy mistake to make when you’ve got fat fingers like me

Not everyone needs a second account to slag people off. We haven’t seen your one with the goodfellas photo for a while in fairness though.
    Whatever happened to Ronnie Bird? He seemed to become more and more desperate by the hour.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Whatever happened to Ronnie Bird? He seemed to become more and more desperate by the hour.
    He's still here. He's using a cloaking dexice!

Once everyone realised it was wales bales everyone stopped responding to him too. No point having 2 accounts that everyone ignores

Rattled

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    How do you know he's got a missus and kids? do you know this guy?
    He probably is the guy.

Not if unions are involved and the company hasn't been compliant with whatever HSE etc bring out.
    They can and will still get rid of people under the guise of redundancy.

Rattled
    I’m being genuine, I meant to edit it. Reading yours and tuerto’s points make me think as long as it’s done safely there isn’t really a problem bringing it back.

I’m being genuine, I meant to edit it. Reading yours and tuerto’s points make me think as long as it’s done safely there isn’t really a problem bringing it back.
    With the money the Premier League can throw at testing and keeping its players safe the risk will be minimal. Bundesliga have already started showing the way, La Liga next, so by end of June if PL is given the ok then we should have an idea of how safe it’s going to be.

Danny Rose likened himself and other footballers to guinea pigs but surely the Bundesliga players are the real guinea pigs.

And the fact most people are going to have to go back to work soon too as well. If someone has to go back to a factory, Danny Rose can go back to playing football.

International

And the fact most people are going to have to go back to work soon too as well. If someone has to go back to a factory, Danny Rose can go back to playing football.
    This brings me back to the pub opening debate. If/when the government says it is safe to go back to work and furloughing ceases then a man will have to go back to work to support his family. No choice really. But the pubs cannot open because its not safe. There are several points in that.
    If it is safe to go to work the average working man might ask why is it not safe to go for a pint, given that whatever social distancing measures which are required are maintained. The difference is that he must go to work but he can choose not to go to the pub. The inference a lot of people will put on that is that the government is telling me I have to put myself at risk to work but does not trust me enough to not put myself at undue risk doing other things.
    The other point is the 10's of thousands of people who work in the pub restaurant and leisure trades that cannot work as a result of this. will their furlough be extended? The government has been asked that question but has not replied yet.
    I don't want to get into the pub debate again but some of these things do seem like double standards.

They might just change the way a pub operates to make it safe. They are a hotbed of transmission in their current set up.

Until the full details are out there isn’t an answer to your question yet Snaggles but after July employers have to start sharing the burden of the furlough until end of October. What that burden is no one knows yet but the chancellor did indicate that they may need to tailor it differently for certain industry’s. By that I assumed he meant for industry’s like the hospitality industry they may get more help and not required to share as much of the burden.

They can and will still get rid of people under the guise of redundancy.
    Then they'll have to pay out or reach a settlement.

International

They might just change the way a pub operates to make it safe. They are a hotbed of transmission in their current set up.
    No question about that and it might be just those with gardens first, but to make a man do one and prevent him doing the other is a recipe for unrest. As the weather is good now restaurants may be permitted to spill out onto the stret more to accommodate enough folks to make it viable before the bad weather returns. But I think come the 4 July dame first muted something will have to give.

With these players testing positive it’s starting to make me think they should just scrap it again. If they start training and playing matches and more players test positive they’re going to have to start calling games off again. Makes me think the best thing to do is just finish this season and start again when it’s safe to do so.

With these players testing positive it’s starting to make me think they should just scrap it again. If they start training and playing matches and more players test positive they’re going to have to start calling games off again. Makes me think the best thing to do is just finish this season and start again when it’s safe to do so.
    Strange how it’s only appearing at clubs who could well go down....
    Hull are so desperate for the season to be axed I’m sure they’d do almost anything.

Are you Boris in disguise? Change you’re mind whenever the wind blows a different direction.

As Andros Townsend has just said himself “We are in the safest workplace in the country” due to the rigorous testing they are getting. Let’s also not forget the games are played outdoors where there’s less chance of transmission. He said the players can’t wait to get back.

Well done to him for actually acknowledging they are not the only workplace being asked to get back to work, unlike that arrogant self entitled prick Danny Rose.

Are you Boris in disguise? Change you’re mind whenever the wind blows a different direction.
    Change my mind based on new things happening. Nothing wrong with being wrong or changing your mind.

Sticking to one opinion no matter what happens is worse surely?

Again I can see it from both points of view. I just think it could end up being a scheduling nightmare.

Say Liverpool play Burnley then 2 days later 1 player comes down with it, both of those teams matches won’t be able to go ahead for at least 2 weeks.

International

Change my mind based on new things happening. Nothing wrong with being wrong or changing your mind.

Again I can see it from both points of view. I just think it could end up being a scheduling nightmare.

Say Liverpool play Burnley t with it, both of those teams matches won’t be able to go ahead for at least 2 weeks.
    I've heard of feigning injury after a tackle has been made but 2 Days?? That's just silly.

Say Liverpool play Burnley then 2 days later 1 player comes down with it, both of those teams matches won’t be able to go ahead for at least 2 weeks.
    The same arguments are out there, nothing new is really coming out apart from some players saying they are not comfortable but most saying they can’t wait to return.

I dont think they will all need to self isolate for 14 days. That’s not how it works in Germany. No need for everyone to self isolate if you test negative. 3 players from 1 club tested positive after training resumed but they didn’t make everyone self isolate once they had tested negative it was fine to continue. Only the positive tested players were made to quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    La Liga's back in June:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52783201

Hertha Berlin won 4-0 last night after a 3-0 away win last week. Playing behind closed doors obviously agrees with them - they haven't had results like this for years!

Winning away at Leipzig now too! Grujic goal - he's doing well there.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Two sweaty female joggers ran past me on the way back from the shop today

Is that allowed now ?
    Depends...

Is the restraining order still in force?