+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If there’s any justice people like that will be made redundant but I’ve always found chancers like that rarely get their commupence.
    You really want that bloke to lose his job? That's not going to benefit anyone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You really want that bloke to lose his job? That's not going to benefit anyone.

The truth is that once the furlough money dries up a lot of these companies will claim they can't pay wages anyway. That will lead to redundancies, and I think it is only fair that those who tried their hardest to keep working through this (like my neighbour's colleagues who are back to work) are not being made redundant at the expense of the ones who have ridden the system.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    The truth is that once the furlough money dries up a lot of these companies will claim they can't pay wages anyway. That will lead to redundancies, and I think it is only fair that those who tried their hardest to keep working through this (like my neighbour's colleagues who are back to work) are not being made redundant at the expense of the ones who have ridden the system.
    That's likely to happen, although it's going to be difficult to prove. Someone might have family with health problems or suffer with health problems themselves. Others may not feel safe to go back to work. Of course there will be those that have taken the piss. A word also to dodgy employers who may use this pandemic as a way of stripping back the work force and messing with pay and conditions, while those who keep their jobs become so grateful that they take it with a smile. Aint just employees who are going to pull a fast one.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's likely to happen, although it's going to be difficult to prove. Someone might have family with health problems or suffer with health problems themselves. Others may not feel safe to go back to work. Of course there will be those that have taken the piss. A word also to dodgy employers who may use this pandemic as a way of stripping back the work force and messing with pay and conditions, while those who keep their jobs become so grateful that they take it with a smile. Aint just employees who are going to pull a fast one.
    But the thing is the employer won't have to 'prove' anything. He can put the guy on statutory sick pay and then lay him off. I don't think sick pay is £2,500 a month.
    no one is going to condone a worker claiming "It's not safe" all the time. nothing in this world is 100% safe. we make risk assessments every minute of the day just walking down the street.