+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 125

Thread: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

  1. #1

    Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Reported that the leeds chief executive says it will be a disgrace if the season isnt finished and also that top tier championship clubs are thinking of breaking away and forming a premier league lite

    I couldn't give a toss about leeds not being able to go up or bloody liverpool not claiming the title they havnt won for god knows how long

    People are dying , this virus could come back with vengeance, sending players , officials , eventually supporters back too early will be stupid , especially if it's just to complete a few behind closed doors games so leeds can get promoted

    Feck em , if they are good enough there is always next year or the year after

    God help us

  2. #2

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    I agree. I was saying not long ago in circumstances like this football just isnít that important.

    I can see why Leeds and Liverpool etc want to finish the season so badly and I would want it to as well if we were in that position.

    But situations like this shouldnít be decided by emotion (or greed if the owners) but by logic. And logically it makes more sense to just end the season.

    Whether they just scrap the season or just finish it with average points or something and let Leeds go up, Liverpool win etc I donít really care either way.

  3. #3

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    By that logic letís all stay inside, no one from any industry should have to go to work.

  4. #4

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I agree. I was saying not long ago in circumstances like this football just isn’t that important.

    I can see why Leeds and Liverpool etc want to finish the season so badly and I would want it to as well if we were in that position.

    But situations like this shouldn’t be decided by emotion (or greed if the owners) but by logic. And logically it makes more sense to just end the season.

    Whether they just scrap the season or just finish it with average points or something and let Leeds go up, Liverpool win etc I don’t really care either way.
    Football is important, as are many activities that people participate in for enjoyment, happiness, well being etc. I think that as long as it is safe enough for football to resume then it should. This virus should take priority and every safety measure carried out, although living and coming out of this thing slowly is just as important as well.

  5. #5

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    By that logic letís all stay inside, no one from any industry should have to go to work.
    But we are already way past the end of the season, will offset next season, player contracts etc. Just seems like a huge pain in the arsenal rushing things through when thereís no real need.

  6. #6

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    2 more Watford players in self isolation.

    I dont see how a contact sport is safe to resume at the moment.

  7. #7

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    But we are already way past the end of the season, will offset next season, player contracts etc. Just seems like a huge pain in the arsenal rushing things through when thereís no real need.
    Who cares about next season if you canít finish this season? Let next season take the hit.

    If the players donít want to go to work perhaps they can go on 94 quid a week SSP like the rest of us will have to do if we refuse to go to work.

  8. #8

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    2 more Watford players in self isolation.

    I dont see how a contact sport is safe to resume at the moment.
    How convenient

  9. #9

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Two sweaty female joggers ran past me on the way back from the shop today

    Is that allowed now ?

  10. #10

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    But we are already way past the end of the season, will offset next season, player contracts etc. Just seems like a huge pain in the arsenal rushing things through when there’s no real need.
    Football is a business and it has lots of employees and customers, it's an integral part of the community and local Economy. As it stands it still has an outstanding amount of orders to complete. It is very important both socially and economically, obviously, it doesn't compare to people dying although what does? If we are going to take that stance then i'd say that the majority of businesses that are trading at the moment aren't essential, lots of the things we buy aren't essential etc. I don't think that it's healthy to just completely give in to this virus, we have to find a way around it in the safest and most sensible way while minimising risk. That's what the Human race has always done.

  11. #11

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Who cares about next season if you can’t finish this season? Let next season take the hit.

    If the players don’t want to go to work perhaps they can go on 94 quid a week SSP like the rest of us will have to do if we refuse to go to work.
    I agree about next season, although players have the right not to go to work if they don't feel safe or are a risk to their Families.

  12. #12

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Two sweaty female joggers ran past me on the way back from the shop today

    Is that allowed now ?
    Absolutely not.
    The very least one could have done was smack you on the bottom on the way past!
    Must have batted for the other side Sludge

  13. #13

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I agree about next season, although players have the right not to go to work if they don't feel safe or are a risk to their Families.
    Absolutely but should they paid their full wage? If I refused to go to work Iíd get SSP for 2 weeks and then 2500 quid a month furlough until end of July. After that probably made redundant.

  14. #14

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Sympathy is in short supply for footballers when Danny Rose comes out with the idiotic comments heís made.

    Troy Deeney is a different kettle of fish heís given sound reasons for not wanting to return.

  15. #15

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Absolutely not.
    The very least one could have done was smack you on the bottom on the way past!
    Must have batted for the other side Sludge
    Well the fact that didnt make eye contact with me proved they were lesbians , any other woman would have given me a glance , it's the way it is

  16. #16
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,681

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Two sweaty female joggers ran past me on the way back from the shop today

    Is that allowed now ?
    Is there a law that says no one is allowed to go past you?

  17. #17

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Is there a law that says no one is allowed to go past you?
    I was wondering if two people from different households are allowed to go jogging through town

    I know they are from different households they are both married and not to each other

    Was wondering if the lockdown rules had changed

  18. #18

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I was wondering if two people from different households are allowed to go jogging through town

    I know they are from different households they are both married and not to each other

    Was wondering if the lockdown rules had changed
    Youíre allowed to see another person from a different household outside now.

  19. #19

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Youíre allowed to see another person from a different household outside now.
    Only by a chance meeting I thought?

  20. #20

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Only by a chance meeting I thought?
    Iím not sure tbh, I thought you were allowed too.

  21. #21

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Youíre allowed to see another person from a different household outside now.
    Well they are entitled to pound the streets together then

    Horrible hairy legs on one of them mind

  22. #22
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,681

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I agree about next season, although players have the right not to go to work if they don't feel safe or are a risk to their Families.
    soon they may have the right not to get paid too.

  23. #23
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,681

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I was wondering if two people from different households are allowed to go jogging through town

    I know they are from different households they are both married and not to each other

    Was wondering if the lockdown rules had changed
    Or were you stalking them?
    Perhaps they were jogging seperately and met up by chance just round the corner from where you saw them?

  24. #24

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    oh come on folks

    the season not being finished is the only way to go

    we can laugh at Liverpool and Leeds for decades, lets look for positives in all of this

  25. #25
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,681

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You’re allowed to see another person from a different household outside now.
    I thought it was another member of your family who doesn't live in the same house as you, but what difference it makes if its a family member or not is beyond me.

  26. #26

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Who cares about next season if you can’t finish this season? Let next season take the hit.

    If the players don’t want to go to work perhaps they can go on 94 quid a week SSP like the rest of us will have to do if we refuse to go to work.
    You are right. If seasons can start and not end, it makes it all a mockery. I say there is every chance we are in the same position in 12 months time (in the case of 2020/21 starting in August). I imagine that the views of some on here about ending a season early will be completely different if we were in the top 2 in April 2021.

  27. #27

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You’re allowed to see another person from a different household outside now.
    No you're not.

  28. #28

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I thought it was another member of your family who doesn't live in the same house as you, but what difference it makes if its a family member or not is beyond me.
    No it isn't.

  29. #29

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    People are dying......
    People are always dying.

    Professional sport and society in general can't stay on hold indefinitely. The football authorities are absolutely, 100% right to be looking at ways to get the game and the many thousands of people it employs back into action. It's going to be a gradual process and the sooner it gets underway the better as far as I'm concerned.

    If you're not interested in football restarting, then pay no attention to it. Go and play golf instead.

  30. #30

    Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    People are always dying.

    Professional sport and society in general can't stay on hold indefinitely. The football authorities are absolutely, 100% right to be looking at ways to get the game and the many thousands of people it employs back into action. It's going to be a gradual process and the sooner it gets underway the better as far as I'm concerned.

    If you're not interested in football restarting, then pay no attention to it. Go and play golf instead.
    You really are talking out of your arse

    I was chatting to a registrar in intensive care at morriston hospital in swansea yesterday , this virus is one nasty mother****er and if we allow mass gathering such as football , rugby and concerts a whole new wave could emerge

    As far as you are concerned ? Thankfully you are not a doctor

    As for golf , its crap

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •