+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Reported that the leeds chief executive says it will be a disgrace if the season isnt finished and also that top tier championship clubs are thinking of breaking away and forming a premier league lite

I couldn't give a toss about leeds not being able to go up or bloody liverpool not claiming the title they havnt won for god knows how long

People are dying , this virus could come back with vengeance, sending players , officials , eventually supporters back too early will be stupid , especially if it's just to complete a few behind closed doors games so leeds can get promoted

Feck em , if they are good enough there is always next year or the year after

God help us

Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

I agree. I was saying not long ago in circumstances like this football just isn’t that important.

I can see why Leeds and Liverpool etc want to finish the season so badly and I would want it to as well if we were in that position.

But situations like this shouldn’t be decided by emotion (or greed if the owners) but by logic. And logically it makes more sense to just end the season.

Whether they just scrap the season or just finish it with average points or something and let Leeds go up, Liverpool win etc I don’t really care either way.

By that logic let’s all stay inside, no one from any industry should have to go to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I agree. I was saying not long ago in circumstances like this football just isn’t that important.

I can see why Leeds and Liverpool etc want to finish the season so badly and I would want it to as well if we were in that position.

But situations like this shouldn’t be decided by emotion (or greed if the owners) but by logic. And logically it makes more sense to just end the season.

Whether they just scrap the season or just finish it with average points or something and let Leeds go up, Liverpool win etc I don’t really care either way.
    Football is important, as are many activities that people participate in for enjoyment, happiness, well being etc. I think that as long as it is safe enough for football to resume then it should. This virus should take priority and every safety measure carried out, although living and coming out of this thing slowly is just as important as well.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    By that logic let’s all stay inside, no one from any industry should have to go to work.
    But we are already way past the end of the season, will offset next season, player contracts etc. Just seems like a huge pain in the arsenal rushing things through when there’s no real need.

2 more Watford players in self isolation.

I dont see how a contact sport is safe to resume at the moment.

But we are already way past the end of the season, will offset next season, player contracts etc. Just seems like a huge pain in the arsenal rushing things through when there’s no real need.
    Who cares about next season if you can’t finish this season? Let next season take the hit.

If the players don’t want to go to work perhaps they can go on 94 quid a week SSP like the rest of us will have to do if we refuse to go to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    2 more Watford players in self isolation.

I dont see how a contact sport is safe to resume at the moment.
    How convenient

Two sweaty female joggers ran past me on the way back from the shop today

Is that allowed now ?

Football is a business and it has lots of employees and customers, it's an integral part of the community and local Economy. As it stands it still has an outstanding amount of orders to complete. It is very important both socially and economically, obviously, it doesn't compare to people dying although what does? If we are going to take that stance then i'd say that the majority of businesses that are trading at the moment aren't essential, lots of the things we buy aren't essential etc. I don't think that it's healthy to just completely give in to this virus, we have to find a way around it in the safest and most sensible way while minimising risk. That's what the Human race has always done.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Who cares about next season if you can’t finish this season? Let next season take the hit.

If the players don’t want to go to work perhaps they can go on 94 quid a week SSP like the rest of us will have to do if we refuse to go to work.
    I agree about next season, although players have the right not to go to work if they don't feel safe or are a risk to their Families.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Is that allowed now ?
    Absolutely not.
    The very least one could have done was smack you on the bottom on the way past!
    Must have batted for the other side Sludge

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I agree about next season, although players have the right not to go to work if they don't feel safe or are a risk to their Families.
    Absolutely but should they paid their full wage? If I refused to go to work I’d get SSP for 2 weeks and then 2500 quid a month furlough until end of July. After that probably made redundant.

Sympathy is in short supply for footballers when Danny Rose comes out with the idiotic comments he’s made.

Troy Deeney is a different kettle of fish he’s given sound reasons for not wanting to return.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Absolutely not.
    The very least one could have done was smack you on the bottom on the way past!
    Must have batted for the other side Sludge
    Well the fact that didnt make eye contact with me proved they were lesbians , any other woman would have given me a glance , it's the way it is

International

Is that allowed now ?
    Is there a law that says no one is allowed to go past you?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Is there a law that says no one is allowed to go past you?
    I was wondering if two people from different households are allowed to go jogging through town

I know they are from different households they are both married and not to each other

Was wondering if the lockdown rules had changed

I was wondering if two people from different households are allowed to go jogging through town

I know they are from different households they are both married and not to each other

You’re allowed to see another person from a different household outside now.

Only by a chance meeting I thought?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Only by a chance meeting I thought?
    I’m not sure tbh, I thought you were allowed too.

Well they are entitled to pound the streets together then

Horrible hairy legs on one of them mind

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    soon they may have the right not to get paid too.

International

Or were you stalking them?
    Perhaps they were jogging seperately and met up by chance just round the corner from where you saw them?

oh come on folks

the season not being finished is the only way to go

we can laugh at Liverpool and Leeds for decades, lets look for positives in all of this

International

I thought it was another member of your family who doesn't live in the same house as you, but what difference it makes if its a family member or not is beyond me.