+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Banned

Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But the point is that eventually furlough payments will cease. If someone doesn't think it is safe to go to work then should his company still pay him? Will he claim its not safe? Nothing in life is 100% safe except death.
    How is death safe?

But the point is that eventually furlough payments will cease. If someone doesn't think it is safe to go to work then should his company still pay him? Will he claim its not safe? Nothing in life is 100% safe except death.
    The company will need to make sure it is safe, or every precaution is met and the correct equipment is provided. I'm sure that there will be directive from the HSE and Unions although whether or not it'll be enforceable is another matter. I'm pretty sure that this fantastic government will have the correct directive in place before Furlough payments end!

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    How is death safe?
    Well no harm can come to you when you're dead can it?

How is death safe?
    If you're from Cardiff, you're 'Safe'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's likely to happen, although it's going to be difficult to prove. Someone might have family with health problems or suffer with health problems themselves. Others may not feel safe to go back to work. Of course there will be those that have taken the piss. A word also to dodgy employers who may use this pandemic as a way of stripping back the work force and messing with pay and conditions, while those who keep their jobs become so grateful that they take it with a smile. Aint just employees who are going to pull a fast one.
    I agree. Some employers are also taking the piss, including football clubs run by billionaires furloughing their lowest paid staff because they can't work, whilst paying their most valuable staff a wage even though they can't work either.

There are also some self-employed people taking the piss - some fiddle the books to avoid paying tax, and they will carry on doing that after a nice long holiday paid for by the taxpayer. I am sure that furlough has helped some people and maybe the people taking the piss are a small percentage (just like a small percentage take the piss out of the benefits system). As I say, my neighbours are being paid to stay home and socially distance. The exact opposite is happening, with people popping around their house every so often.

I'm also getting a bit fed up of the sarky remarks about not using this lockdown period to do work around the house - the implication being I am a lazy sod. I don't have the luxury of having had 10 weeks off work, and nor do I want it.

Banned

Well no harm can come to you when you're dead can it?
    I suppose not.

Banned

The company will need to make sure it is safe, or every precaution is met and the correct equipment is provided. I'm sure that there will be directive from the HSE and Unions although whether or not it'll be enforceable is another matter. I'm pretty sure that this fantastic government will have the correct directive in place before Furlough payments end!
    That is key - if the companies are not meeting HSE rules then people can legitimately refuse to work. Not sure they will retain furlough for that purpose though. Some companies may say it is too expensive to adopt the new rules and use that as an excuse to cut back the workforce too.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Don’t have strong feelings but in your usual condescending manner demand answers from those who have a different opinion to you.
    how insecure are you pal? Someone asking a question isn’t condescending.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the rules in Wales, what with it being a Welsh-centric forum. In that case, you are right and xsnaggle is wrong - but he'll simply blame Drakeford.
    I wasn’t aware they were that different tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    how insecure are you pal? Someone asking a question isn’t condescending.
    Reading this thread has made me think bringing the premier league back probably isn’t a bad thing. If they can do it safely why not, I also wouldn’t be against them just ended it and using average points though.

International

That's likely to happen, although it's going to be difficult to prove. Someone might have family with health problems or suffer with health problems themselves. Others may not feel safe to go back to work. Of course there will be those that have taken the piss. A word also to dodgy employers who may use this pandemic as a way of stripping back the work force and messing with pay and conditions, while those who keep their jobs become so grateful that they take it with a smile. Aint just employees who are going to pull a fast one.
    But the thing is the employer won't have to 'prove' anything. He can put the guy on statutory sick pay and then lay him off. I don't think sick pay is £2,500 a month.
    no one is going to condone a worker claiming "It's not safe" all the time. nothing in this world is 100% safe. we make risk assessments every minute of the day just walking down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Reading this thread has made me think bringing the premier league back probably isn’t a bad thing. If they can do it safely why not, I also wouldn’t be against them just ended it and using average points though.
    why did you you reply to / quote a post of your own ? ? ?

did you forget something ? ? ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Is it a big deal?

Is it a big deal?
    just a strange thing to do, maybe not in your world ? ? ?, but most of us dont need to quote our own posts and reply like another person

I was informed last week that RCT council has 1600 employees on the sick. I am not sure if that is true, if it is it means that they are all picking up full pay and not limited to the furlough scheme. Maybe the information I was told is wrong? Can they furlough staff if they were already on the sick? I would imagine some people would take advantage of the system.

I do agree with some of the comments above, like we cannot stay like this forever. One chap on the tv the other day saying he has no money coming in as doesn't qualify for the furlough scheme and can't pay his bills. Mind you a lot of people may find their jobs will go after this crisis.

International

just a strange thing to do, maybe not in your world ? ? ?, but most of us dont need to quote our own posts and reply like another person
    Same kind of people who later the wording of other people's posts o it fits the answer they want to give.

Banned

Sometimes it is a convenient way to reply to a thread. I was never aware that there was a rule book for internet forums. I would say it is less damaging than having cookies installed on your device even after specifically clicking on the reject all cookies button (in breach of GDPR laws). And, it is less damaging than having a site URL that reads "Not Secure". I use an old laptop to connect to this site and it is interesting how much stuff I've picked up directly from this site.

But, yeah, it's probably best to concentrate on someone replying to their own post. That's far more productive in your role as webmaster.

International

Sometimes it is a convenient way to reply to a thread. I was never aware that there was a rule book for internet forums. I would say it is less damaging than having cookies installed on your device even after specifically clicking on the reject all cookies button (in breach of GDPR laws). And, it is less damaging than having a site URL that reads "Not Secure". I use an old laptop to connect to this site and it is interesting how much stuff I've picked up directly from this site.

But, yeah, it's probably best to concentrate on someone replying to their own post. That's far more productive in your role as webmaster.
    If you are so concerned about the site security and web spying etc why do you log on to the site? Just leave it and you don't have to worry any more.
    I cannot see the point of moaning if there is something you can do about the thing you moan about and you don't or will not do it. It's in your hands.

He probably meant to log in as Rudy Gestede

You really want that bloke to lose his job? That's not going to benefit anyone.
    Yea, if there redundancies where he / they work then if there is any justice the work shy and piss takers will be first out of the door.

After Furlough ends if they refuse to go to work they will probably be able to claim SSP 94 quid a week, but the likelihood is they could be made redundant.

Banned

If you are so concerned about the site security and web spying etc why do you log on to the site? Just leave it and you don't have to worry any more.
    I cannot see the point of moaning if there is something you can do about the thing you moan about and you don't or will not do it. It's in your hands.
    I use an old laptop to come on here, I have raised this question a few times, often it is deleted.

Yea, if there redundancies where he / they work then if there is any justice the work shy and piss takers will be first out of the door.
    That's usually the case anyway, unless the person is mates with the bosses. I still wouldn't want anyone to lose their job though, even if they're a twat. Got to feel for their missus and kids.

After Furlough ends if they refuse to go to work they will probably be able to claim SSP 94 quid a week, but the likelihood is they could be made redundant.
    Not if unions are involved and the company hasn't been compliant with whatever HSE etc bring out.

International

That's usually the case anyway, unless the person is mates with the bosses. I still wouldn't want anyone to lose their job though, even if they're a twat. Got to feel for their missus and kids.
    How do you know he's got a missus and kids? do you know this guy?