+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Banned

Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Who cares about next season if you can’t finish this season? Let next season take the hit.

If the players don’t want to go to work perhaps they can go on 94 quid a week SSP like the rest of us will have to do if we refuse to go to work.
    You are right. If seasons can start and not end, it makes it all a mockery. I say there is every chance we are in the same position in 12 months time (in the case of 2020/21 starting in August). I imagine that the views of some on here about ending a season early will be completely different if we were in the top 2 in April 2021.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You’re allowed to see another person from a different household outside now.
    No you're not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I thought it was another member of your family who doesn't live in the same house as you, but what difference it makes if its a family member or not is beyond me.
    No it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    People are dying......
    People are always dying.

Professional sport and society in general can't stay on hold indefinitely. The football authorities are absolutely, 100% right to be looking at ways to get the game and the many thousands of people it employs back into action. It's going to be a gradual process and the sooner it gets underway the better as far as I'm concerned.

If you're not interested in football restarting, then pay no attention to it. Go and play golf instead.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    People are always dying.

Professional sport and society in general can't stay on hold indefinitely. The football authorities are absolutely, 100% right to be looking at ways to get the game and the many thousands of people it employs back into action. It's going to be a gradual process and the sooner it gets underway the better as far as I'm concerned.

If you're not interested in football restarting, then pay no attention to it. Go and play golf instead.
    You really are talking out of your arse

I was chatting to a registrar in intensive care at morriston hospital in swansea yesterday , this virus is one nasty mother****er and if we allow mass gathering such as football , rugby and concerts a whole new wave could emerge

As far as you are concerned ? Thankfully you are not a doctor

As for golf , its crap

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Or were you stalking them?
    Perhaps they were jogging seperately and met up by chance just round the corner from where you saw them?
    I know em , jogging freaks

Banned

You really are talking out of your arse

I was chatting to a registrar in intensive care at morriston hospital in swansea yesterday , this virus is one nasty mother****er and if we allow mass gathering such as football , rugby and concerts a whole new wave could emerge

As far as you are concerned ? Thankfully you are not a doctor

As for golf , its crap
    The rate of infection is bordering on 1. We are in no state to test whether the introduction of a sport, or schools reopening or clothes shops opening is safe or not. We should be avoiding the second wave, but it seems that we are more eager to get off hold and get back to watching pointless sports matches for a few weeks. It's been on hold for 12 weeks now, another 12 weeks is not going to make any difference - especially considering the main revenue stream for most clubs is ticket sales. Does it really matter to Birmingham City or QPR if they play in front of 0 fans today or in August?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    No you're not.
    From the government website

what you are allowed to do:

meet one other person from a different household outdoors - following social distancing guidelines
    But maybe rules in wales are different to here.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Who cares about next season if you can’t finish this season? Let next season take the hit.

If the players don’t want to go to work perhaps they can go on 94 quid a week SSP like the rest of us will have to do if we refuse to go to work.
    Who cares about this season when there’s a pandemic going on?

Why is it so important for the premier league and the championship but not leagues 1 and 2?

The rate of infection is bordering on 1. We are in no state to test whether the introduction of a sport, or schools reopening or clothes shops opening is safe or not. We should be avoiding the second wave, but it seems that we are more eager to get off hold and get back to watching pointless sports matches for a few weeks. It's been on hold for 12 weeks now, another 12 weeks is not going to make any difference - especially considering the main revenue stream for most clubs is ticket sales. Does it really matter to Birmingham City or QPR if they play in front of 0 fans today or in August?
    People really are stupid , football is indeed a big industry but 20000 people meeting up every saturday in cardiff , bristol , birmingham , stoke , leeds etc is exactly the sort of thing that's going to bring on a second wave

If they are talking of it being some time till bars and restaurants are going to open and even then restricted , when do the football authorities think we should start letting mass gatherings like football matches take place ?

And concerts ? I love rock concerts but expect to see any bands for a long time

I think football has got its head in the sand and that chief executive of the premier league was showing how selfish and capitalist the game has become by his idiotic reasons for getting football started

Why is it so important for the premier league and the championship but not leagues 1 and 2?
    The premier league cares about itself

Nobody else

It's the Maggie thatcher of the football world

International

I think the point there is that the EFL can control what happens between league 1 and 2 and Championship and 1 but it cannot control what happens between championship and the PL because it has to seek agreement with it. So it can demote teams from the championship but cannot promote teams to the Premier without agreement.

It's got to happen when it's safe to do so, that's it in my opinion, if that takes another couple of months then so be it, even if it's without supporters. As for revenue streams, yeah, most clubs are massively reliant on ticket sales although i'd add in sponsorship deals if games are broadcast and money from the football league and position they finish.

People really are stupid , football is indeed a big industry but 20000 people meeting up every saturday in cardiff , bristol , birmingham , stoke , leeds etc is exactly the sort of thing that's going to bring on a second wave

If they are talking of it being some time till bars and restaurants are going to open and even then restricted , when do the football authorities think we should start letting mass gatherings like football matches take place ?

And concerts ? I love rock concerts but expect to see any bands for a long time

I think football has got its head in the sand and that chief executive of the premier league was showing how selfish and capitalist the game has become by his idiotic reasons for getting football started
    I don't think that anyone is expecting crowds to return anytime soon.

What makes the premier league more important? Just money

People are defending it by saying it’s good for the economy, but how much money is being generated by 22 lads running about an empty stadium?

I don’t actually have strong feelings either way but rushing it back seems short sighted.

As far as I can see it, it would make more sense to bring leagues 1 and 2 back as those players are living on “normal” salaries. How come they’re not allowed to work for a living but premier league players are?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Have a word with The Lone Gunman

League 1 and league 2 can't afford to play games without gate receipts, it's a financial decision. If it's safe for The Championship and Premier league to finish at some point, then why not?

Who said anything about mass gatherings, you ****ing moron? I certainly didn't.

"This virus is nasty, a whole new wave could emerge....."

So what are we, as a society, supposed to do? Lock ourselves away forever in case things get worse? That's just not going to happen.

In my opinion, it's far better to begin a controlled return to some sort of normality as soon as possible rather than just hiding away living in constant fear. That's what's happening in numerous countries around the world and it's already happening here too. The city centre now looks very different to how it was a few weeks ago and a good percentage of the population are acting very differently too, which is hardly surprising after nine weeks of inactivity.

I don't understand the opposition to football resuming behind closed doors. If the players or staff don't want to be involved, they won't have to. And if people aren't interested in it, they won't have to pay attention. So what's the problem?

Have a word with The Lone Gunman
    Did he say with crowds?

So what are we, as a society, supposed to do? Lock ourselves away forever in case things get worse? That's just not going to happen.

In my opinion, it's far better to begin a controlled return to some sort of normality as soon as possible rather than just hiding away living in constant fear. That's what's happening in numerous countries around the world and it's already happening here too. The city centre now looks very different to how it was a few weeks ago and a good percentage of the population are acting very differently too, which is hardly surprising after nine weeks of inactivity.

I don't understand the opposition to football resuming behind closed doors. If the players or staff don't want to be involved, they won't have to. And if people aren't interested in it, they won't have to pay attention. So what's the problem?
    There's a lot of false Dilemma Rhetoric on this board at the moment. It's not a case of 'one or the other'

There's a lot of false Dilemma Rhetoric on this board at the moment. It's not a case of 'one or the other'
    La Liga's back in June:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52783201

Hertha Berlin won 4-0 last night after a 3-0 away win last week. Playing behind closed doors obviously agrees with them - they haven't had results like this for years!

Two sweaty female joggers ran past me on the way back from the shop today

Is that allowed now ?
    Running past you or running away?

La Liga's back in June:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52783201

Hertha Berlin won 4-0 last night after a 3-0 away win last week. Playing behind closed doors obviously agrees with them - they haven't had results like this for years!
    Good news, look forward to it.

Nope, maybe never if most clubs go bust in the next 12 months. Let’s hope that oxford vaccine is a winner else you may never get to watch cardiff city fc in the ground again.

How does the city centre look different?