+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You’re allowed to see another person from a different household outside now.
    Only by a chance meeting I thought?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Only by a chance meeting I thought?
    I’m not sure tbh, I thought you were allowed too.

You’re allowed to see another person from a different household outside now.
    Well they are entitled to pound the streets together then

Horrible hairy legs on one of them mind

oh come on folks

the season not being finished is the only way to go

we can laugh at Liverpool and Leeds for decades, lets look for positives in all of this

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    People are dying......
    People are always dying.

Professional sport and society in general can't stay on hold indefinitely. The football authorities are absolutely, 100% right to be looking at ways to get the game and the many thousands of people it employs back into action. It's going to be a gradual process and the sooner it gets underway the better as far as I'm concerned.

If you're not interested in football restarting, then pay no attention to it. Go and play golf instead.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    People are always dying.

Professional sport and society in general can't stay on hold indefinitely. The football authorities are absolutely, 100% right to be looking at ways to get the game and the many thousands of people it employs back into action. It's going to be a gradual process and the sooner it gets underway the better as far as I'm concerned.

If you're not interested in football restarting, then pay no attention to it. Go and play golf instead.
    You really are talking out of your arse

I was chatting to a registrar in intensive care at morriston hospital in swansea yesterday , this virus is one nasty mother****er and if we allow mass gathering such as football , rugby and concerts a whole new wave could emerge

As far as you are concerned ? Thankfully you are not a doctor

As for golf , its crap

Banned

You really are talking out of your arse

I was chatting to a registrar in intensive care at morriston hospital in swansea yesterday , this virus is one nasty mother****er and if we allow mass gathering such as football , rugby and concerts a whole new wave could emerge

As far as you are concerned ? Thankfully you are not a doctor

As for golf , its crap
    The rate of infection is bordering on 1. We are in no state to test whether the introduction of a sport, or schools reopening or clothes shops opening is safe or not. We should be avoiding the second wave, but it seems that we are more eager to get off hold and get back to watching pointless sports matches for a few weeks. It's been on hold for 12 weeks now, another 12 weeks is not going to make any difference - especially considering the main revenue stream for most clubs is ticket sales. Does it really matter to Birmingham City or QPR if they play in front of 0 fans today or in August?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    The rate of infection is bordering on 1. We are in no state to test whether the introduction of a sport, or schools reopening or clothes shops opening is safe or not. We should be avoiding the second wave, but it seems that we are more eager to get off hold and get back to watching pointless sports matches for a few weeks. It's been on hold for 12 weeks now, another 12 weeks is not going to make any difference - especially considering the main revenue stream for most clubs is ticket sales. Does it really matter to Birmingham City or QPR if they play in front of 0 fans today or in August?
    It's got to happen when it's safe to do so, that's it in my opinion, if that takes another couple of months then so be it, even if it's without supporters. As for revenue streams, yeah, most clubs are massively reliant on ticket sales although i'd add in sponsorship deals if games are broadcast and money from the football league and position they finish.

Who said anything about mass gatherings, you ****ing moron? I certainly didn't.

"This virus is nasty, a whole new wave could emerge....."

So what are we, as a society, supposed to do? Lock ourselves away forever in case things get worse? That's just not going to happen.

In my opinion, it's far better to begin a controlled return to some sort of normality as soon as possible rather than just hiding away living in constant fear. That's what's happening in numerous countries around the world and it's already happening here too. The city centre now looks very different to how it was a few weeks ago and a good percentage of the population are acting very differently too, which is hardly surprising after nine weeks of inactivity.

I don't understand the opposition to football resuming behind closed doors. If the players or staff don't want to be involved, they won't have to. And if people aren't interested in it, they won't have to pay attention. So what's the problem?

So what are we, as a society, supposed to do? Lock ourselves away forever in case things get worse? That's just not going to happen.

In my opinion, it's far better to begin a controlled return to some sort of normality as soon as possible rather than just hiding away living in constant fear. That's what's happening in numerous countries around the world and it's already happening here too. The city centre now looks very different to how it was a few weeks ago and a good percentage of the population are acting very differently too, which is hardly surprising after nine weeks of inactivity.

I don't understand the opposition to football resuming behind closed doors. If the players or staff don't want to be involved, they won't have to. And if people aren't interested in it, they won't have to pay attention. So what's the problem?
    There's a lot of false Dilemma Rhetoric on this board at the moment. It's not a case of 'one or the other'

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There's a lot of false Dilemma Rhetoric on this board at the moment. It's not a case of 'one or the other'
    La Liga's back in June:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52783201

Hertha Berlin won 4-0 last night after a 3-0 away win last week. Playing behind closed doors obviously agrees with them - they haven't had results like this for years!

La Liga's back in June:

Hertha Berlin won 4-0 last night after a 3-0 away win last week. Playing behind closed doors obviously agrees with them - they haven't had results like this for years!
    Good news, look forward to it.

La Liga's back in June:

Winning away at Leipzig now too! Grujic goal - he's doing well there.

How does the city centre look different?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How does the city centre look different?
    I walk up Queen Street most days of the week on the way home from work. The most obvious difference is the amount of people who are out and about. During the first two or three weeks of the lockdown, you could walk from one end of Queen Street to the other in mid-afternoon and see maybe five or six other people in total. The numbers began increasing steadily from about week four onward to the point where this week there have been a couple of hundred people on occasions.

Until recently, Sainsburys had somebody on the door limiting the number of people entering at any one time. They don't now. The same is true at Poundland, where one of the two shops was open and a security guard was limiting numbers. Now the second shop has reopened and there's nobody on the door of either store.

The M&S food hall has been open throughout, but no other items have been available for sale and numbers inside the shop have been limited. They started selling clothes and home items about three or four weeks ago and yesterday there was nobody on the door. It was the busiest that I've seen it in the food hall for months, including pre-lockdown.

Boots had one side door open and were operating a one in, one out system a few weeks back. Now the main doors are wide open and unmanned. Same story with Superdrug.

KFC and Pizza Hut were doing deliveries only until this week, so the only people you'd see there were Deliveroo riders. Now they are both doing counter collections for the public and KFC has some sort of machine system in operation for placing orders (I haven't actually been in there, so I don't know how it works, but the doors are open again).

The fruit seller opposite Tesco has been back in business this week for the first time since the lockdown began. The cycle shop at the station end on the other side of the road is also open again now (I think it reopened last week).

The banks have been open but very quiet until the last couple of weeks. They now seem to have more staff and more customers. Specsavers is also open to some degree - not sure how that's working but I've seen customers in there for the first time this week.

I walk up Queen Street most days of the week on the way home from work. The most obvious difference is the amount of people who are out and about. During the first two or three weeks of the lockdown, you could walk from one end of Queen Street to the other in mid-afternoon and see maybe five or six other people in total. The numbers began increasing steadily from about week four onward to the point where this week there have been a couple of hundred people on occasions.

Until recently, Sainsburys had somebody on the door limiting the number of people entering at any one time. They don't now. The same is true at Poundland, where one of the two shops was open and a security guard was limiting numbers. Now the second shop has reopened and there's nobody on the door of either store.

The M&S food hall has been open throughout, but no other items have been available for sale and numbers inside the shop have been limited. They started selling clothes and home items about three or four weeks ago and yesterday there was nobody on the door. It was the busiest that I've seen it in the food hall for months, including pre-lockdown.

Boots had one side door open and were operating a one in, one out system a few weeks back. Now the main doors are wide open and unmanned. Same story with Superdrug.

KFC and Pizza Hut were doing deliveries only until this week, so the only people you'd see there were Deliveroo riders. Now they are both doing counter collections for the public and KFC has some sort of machine system in operation for placing orders (I haven't actually been in there, so I don't know how it works, but the doors are open again).

The fruit seller opposite Tesco has been back in business this week for the first time since the lockdown began. The cycle shop at the station end on the other side of the road is also open again now (I think it reopened last week).

The banks have been open but very quiet until the last couple of weeks. They now seem to have more staff and more customers. Specsavers is also open to some degree - not sure how that's working but I've seen customers in there for the first time this week.
    Cheers I did pop in during initial lockdown weeks to go to m&s for essential cheese scones for my old dear, to balance it out I also popped into Poundland to grab a load of crisps for the kids. It was deserted, maybe two people in m&s. Def got busier the last time I went in and quite a few people had realised it was a good place to shop as it was so quiet. You could also park on Charles street right outside which was great. A bloke I know who runs his own insurance Co said it was so dead initially he was getting hassled by the homeless quite aggressively, I guess they were getting desperate with no shoppers about.
    No doubt most stuff will be open again in a few weeks and rightly so.....

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Or were you stalking them?
    Perhaps they were jogging seperately and met up by chance just round the corner from where you saw them?
    I know em , jogging freaks

No you're not.
    From the government website

what you are allowed to do:

meet one other person from a different household outdoors - following social distancing guidelines
    But maybe rules in wales are different to here.

Banned

From the government website

But maybe rules in wales are different to here.
    Sorry, I thought you were talking about the rules in Wales, what with it being a Welsh-centric forum. In that case, you are right and xsnaggle is wrong - but he'll simply blame Drakeford.

International

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the rules in Wales, what with it being a Welsh-centric forum. In that case, you are right and xsnaggle is wrong - but he'll simply blame Drakeford.
    I'll blame Drakeford for what? I only said I thought that you could meet a family member, but if it is anyone that includes a family member so its still not wrong . If you can't you cant. What is the remark about blaming Drakeford for something adding to the point?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Who cares about next season if you can’t finish this season? Let next season take the hit.

If the players don’t want to go to work perhaps they can go on 94 quid a week SSP like the rest of us will have to do if we refuse to go to work.
    Who cares about this season when there’s a pandemic going on?

Why is it so important for the premier league and the championship but not leagues 1 and 2?

International

Why is it so important for the premier league and the championship but not leagues 1 and 2?
    I think the point there is that the EFL can control what happens between league 1 and 2 and Championship and 1 but it cannot control what happens between championship and the PL because it has to seek agreement with it. So it can demote teams from the championship but cannot promote teams to the Premier without agreement.

League 1 and league 2 can't afford to play games without gate receipts, it's a financial decision. If it's safe for The Championship and Premier league to finish at some point, then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    League 1 and league 2 can't afford to play games without gate receipts, it's a financial decision. If it's safe for The Championship and Premier league to finish at some point, then why not?
    Add to that the Premier League will be in a better position to test people than clubs in L1 and L2 it’s a stupid comparison to make.

Plus as a business their revenue streams include TV money which is far greater to them than ticket sales so it’s in their interests as a business to try and complete the season.

People really are stupid , football is indeed a big industry but 20000 people meeting up every saturday in cardiff , bristol , birmingham , stoke , leeds etc is exactly the sort of thing that's going to bring on a second wave

If they are talking of it being some time till bars and restaurants are going to open and even then restricted , when do the football authorities think we should start letting mass gatherings like football matches take place ?

And concerts ? I love rock concerts but expect to see any bands for a long time

I think football has got its head in the sand and that chief executive of the premier league was showing how selfish and capitalist the game has become by his idiotic reasons for getting football started