+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 50 of 50

Thread: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

  1. #31
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,822

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    “democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…” according to Churchill

    Who also said

    “The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter“

    Not sure what choices we’re left with
    Most people want to be governed, then they don't have to think about all those big nasty problems themselves. They vote for one clown or the other, then they can go back to their ordinary lives and let someone else worry about it all.

  2. #32

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Most people want to be governed, then they don't have to think about all those big nasty problems themselves. They vote for one clown or the other, then they can go back to their ordinary lives and let someone else worry about it all.
    A lot of people thought that they were bright enough to govern themselves when given the vote on Brexit not realising that when it went tits up the government could turn around and say ‘Well, you voted for it, nothing to do with us’. Same now in England with the ‘Stay alert’ slogan, if you catch the virus perhaps the powers that be will say ‘Your fault, you obviously didn’t stay alert, like we advised’. Its frightening that the majority in this country wanted Johnson as PM.

  3. #33

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A lot of people thought that they were bright enough to govern themselves when given the vote on Brexit not realising that when it went tits up the government could turn around and say ‘Well, you voted for it, nothing to do with us’. Same now in England with the ‘Stay alert’ slogan, if you catch the virus perhaps the powers that be will say ‘Your fault, you obviously didn’t stay alert, like we advised’. Its frightening that the majority in this country wanted Johnson as PM.

    Or put another way, “didn’t want Corbyn” as PM !!!!

    I think that was the main problem

  4. #34

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Or put another way, “didn’t want Corbyn” as PM !!!!

    I think that was the main problem
    Regretting it now though.

  5. #35

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Or put another way, “didn’t want Corbyn” as PM !!!!

    I think that was the main problem
    The media did a number on corbyn but he was not a strong enough character to shine through . And he was surrounded by idiots like diane Abbott.

    But for all the criticism of corbyn , boris johnson is proving to be completely incompetent

    He went to eton and studied Latin ff sake and his old man is very rich and he cheered when the nurses were denied a pay rise by him and his tory mates ?

    And then he asks us to clap the nurses that he previously treated like crap ?

    And now he wants to reverse his brexit control the borders nonsense and invite in much needed immigrants to care for the sick .........but if their families use the NHS they have to pay for it ?

    You are great , we are going to clap you every week but we are going to pay you crap wages , you are needed to help care for the sick of this nation , please come and help us , mostly in low paid jobs but if your family uses the NHS its 600 quid by the way

    This is the government we have and this is the prime minister we have , defending one of their chief advisers who has pissed off whilst having symptoms of the virus whilst the rest of us have to stay in the house .

    I think it's time to turn out the lights , I would rather have corbyn than this clown and history is going to show what a complete shower he and his government are

  6. #36

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The media did a number on corbyn but he was not a strong enough character to shine through . And he was surrounded by idiots like you ODD SHOES diane Abbott.

    But for all the criticism of corbyn , boris johnson is proving to be completely incompetent

    He went to eton and studied Latin ff sake and his old man is very rich and he cheered when the nurses were denied a pay rise by him and his tory mates ?

    And then he asks us to clap the nurses that he previously treated like crap ?

    And now he wants to reverse his brexit control the borders nonsense and invite in much needed immigrants to care for the sick .........but if their families use the NHS they have to pay for it ?

    You are great , we are going to clap you every week but we are going to pay you crap wages , you are needed to help care for the sick of this nation , please come and help us , mostly in low paid jobs but if your family uses the NHS its 600 quid by the way

    This is the government we have and this is the prime minister we have , defending one of their chief advisers who has pissed off whilst having symptoms of the virus whilst the rest of us have to stay in the house .

    I think it's time to turn out the lights , I would rather have corbyn than this clown and history is going to show what a complete shower he and his government are
    I heard a new version of “The Wrong Trousers”, is in the pipeline

  7. #37

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The media did a number on corbyn but he was not a strong enough character to shine through . And he was surrounded by idiots like diane Abbott.

    But for all the criticism of corbyn , boris johnson is proving to be completely incompetent

    He went to eton and studied Latin ff sake and his old man is very rich and he cheered when the nurses were denied a pay rise by him and his tory mates ?

    And then he asks us to clap the nurses that he previously treated like crap ?

    And now he wants to reverse his brexit control the borders nonsense and invite in much needed immigrants to care for the sick .........but if their families use the NHS they have to pay for it ?

    You are great , we are going to clap you every week but we are going to pay you crap wages , you are needed to help care for the sick of this nation , please come and help us , mostly in low paid jobs but if your family uses the NHS its 600 quid by the way

    This is the government we have and this is the prime minister we have , defending one of their chief advisers who has pissed off whilst having symptoms of the virus whilst the rest of us have to stay in the house .

    I think it's time to turn out the lights , I would rather have corbyn than this clown and history is going to show what a complete shower he and his government are
    In hindsight Corbyn’s time should have been the Blair years, how many young servicemen would still be alive now? Under Corbyn I doubt there’d have been terrified parents waving off their sons & daughters never knowing if they’d see them again. What a different, peaceful path this country may, just may have gone down. As you say though, although Corbyn’s time has gone and has for a while, he and his government couldn’t possibly have f*cked up like Johnson’s lot.

  8. #38

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Hitler may have been wrong, he didn't lift the world title after all. These Journalists look for daft people, there's no story in interviewing someone who ls bright and reasoned, it means that people can't be outraged by 'stupidity' completely ignoring the fact that those people are in a minority, that's why they stand out so much.
    Hitler was to a degree, correct .A proportion of people are stupid and more importantly, most people forget easily.
    (He didnt win the title because he didn't learn from Napoleons mistakes)
    That said you are also correct .
    I catch a snippet on the news and they say " a cure for the virus could be 2 years away " the magic word in that sentence is "could"
    Its not news , its someone trying to be dramatic , see how many people they can frighten.
    Bur people repeat it , as if its a fact now.

  9. #39

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Hitler was to a degree, correct .A proportion of people are stupid and more importantly, most people forget easily.
    (He didnt win the title because he didn't learn from Napoleons mistakes)
    That said you are also correct .
    I catch a snippet on the news and they say " a cure for the virus could be 2 years away " the magic word in that sentence is "could"
    Its not news , its someone trying to be dramatic , see how many people they can frighten.
    Bur people repeat it , as if its a fact now.
    Facebook facts are a must read.....that Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is a right card

  10. #40

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    In hindsight Corbyn’s time should have been the Blair years, how many young servicemen would still be alive now? Under Corbyn I doubt there’d have been terrified parents waving off their sons & daughters never knowing if they’d see them again. What a different, peaceful path this country may, just may have gone down. As you say though, although Corbyn’s time has gone and has for a while, he and his government couldn’t possibly have f*cked up like Johnson’s lot.
    Corbyn may have had good ideas , decent morals and obviously cared for the less able in society. He questioned the establishment.
    But he was un electable, he just didnt have the dynamism, charisma and personality required.
    Keir Starmer has done more for the Labour party in the few weeks he has been in charge than Corbyn did in all his years .

  11. #41

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Corbyn may have had good ideas , decent morals and obviously cared for the less able in society. He questioned the establishment.
    But he was un electable, he just didnt have the dynamism, charisma and personality required.
    Keir Starmer has done more for the Labour party in the few weeks he has been in charge than Corbyn did in all his years .
    As I say, Corbyn’s time was when he was younger, the Blair years, unfortunately I was one of the many, desperate for a change to the Thatcher dominated Tory years, taken in by the young Tony Blair. Something I regret now.

  12. #42

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Hitler was to a degree, correct .A proportion of people are stupid and more importantly, most people forget easily.
    (He didnt win the title because he didn't learn from Napoleons mistakes)
    That said you are also correct .
    I catch a snippet on the news and they say " a cure for the virus could be 2 years away " the magic word in that sentence is "could"
    Its not news , its someone trying to be dramatic , see how many people they can frighten.
    Bur people repeat it , as if its a fact now.
    I heard no few complaints when they were saying "a vaccine COULD be available in September".

  13. #43

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Hitler was to a degree, correct .A proportion of people are stupid and more importantly, most people forget easily.
    (He didnt win the title because he didn't learn from Napoleons mistakes)
    That said you are also correct .
    I catch a snippet on the news and they say " a cure for the virus could be 2 years away " the magic word in that sentence is "could"
    Its not news , its someone trying to be dramatic , see how many people they can frighten.
    Bur people repeat it , as if its a fact now.
    Last Paragraph is spot on-sadly.

  14. #44

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I heard no few complaints when they were saying "a vaccine COULD be available in September".
    Initially we were all watching, listening with starry eyes, ooing and aahing . I have listened to so many genuine experts , I have come to the conclusion, do you know what , they dont know either .

    From that conclusion, I am going to say with a degree of certainty , neither do you.

  15. #45
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,822

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Last Paragraph is spot on-sadly.
    The magic word in every scare story that BBC has been putting out is the same "could" and its not just the BBC.

  16. #46

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There plenty of people over here that have been brainwashed into thinking that wearing a mask violates their "freedom".
    I go on Reddit, which has a large percentage of American users. It's amazing how ****ing thick that lot are.

  17. #47

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The magic word in every scare story that BBC has been putting out is the same "could" and its not just the BBC.
    The BBC are a disgrace, although they're only following the trend in sensationalist journalism that seems the norm, especially on TV. Could you imagine if we were at War or if a disaster like Aberfan happened in todays 24 hour news climate? The reporters are like actors, putting on a theatrical face and leaving the punters hanging on (tune in next time) like it's a bloody soap opera. I don't bother watching it anymore.

  18. #48

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Most people want to be governed, then they don't have to think about all those big nasty problems themselves. They vote for one clown or the other, then they can go back to their ordinary lives and let someone else worry about it all.
    While arguing in pubs or on Facebook/twitter.

  19. #49

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Initially we were all watching, listening with starry eyes, ooing and aahing . I have listened to so many genuine experts , I have come to the conclusion, do you know what , they dont know either .

    From that conclusion, I am going to say with a degree of certainty , neither do you.
    I've never said I did know, I have said what my opinion is and what it is based on. One thing is, though, I never went oooh and aaah when stories of vaccines in 5 months were being spun out. I found the reporting on the production of a vaccine in 12-18 months to be completely baseless and I also find the 2 year timeframe to be baseless.

  20. #50
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,822

    Re: The joy of government is that the people are stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    While arguing in pubs or on Facebook/twitter.
    Exactly lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •