+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: After listening to this again last night

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: After listening to this again last night

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm no ELO expert, but I recall the first time I heard Mr Blue Sky, I thought it was a Beatles tribute. Never bothered to check out any of their other stuff. I probably know a few other tracks without realising it
    A Beatles tribute act playing a non-Beatles record ?!! Lockdown is taking its toll Eric 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    A Beatles tribute act playing a non-Beatles record ?!! Lockdown is taking its toll Eric ��
    You don't think Mr Blue Sky is a Beatles-sounding record. I do. I could provide a list of reasons if you are interested.

To repeat myself so you understand what I'm saying, the first time I heard it I thought it sounded like a Beatles song, obviously not performed by the Beatles, but close enough that it seems certain to have been influenced by a few Beatles tracks. Stylistically there are more than a few elements there of later Beatle material.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You don't think Mr Blue Sky is a Beatles-sounding record. I do. I could provide a list of reasons if you are interested.

To repeat myself so you understand what I'm saying, the first time I heard it I thought it sounded like a Beatles song, obviously not performed by the Beatles, but close enough that it seems certain to have been influenced by a few Beatles tracks. Stylistically there are more than a few elements there of later Beatle material.
    Here's another song that sounds nothing like The Beatles.