+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The most spineless PM in living memory?

International

Re: The most spineless PM in living memory?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Carole Cadwalladr was also accused of being a conspiracy theorist on the Cambridge Analytica story, so she is probably used to being dismissed as such.
    Even so, huge transfer of government assets is a bit heavy don't you think? What assets would they be FFS?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Even so, huge transfer of government assets is a bit heavy don't you think? What assets would they be FFS?
    Not really. An asset could be anything from a contract to supply a service to an actual body like the NHS. You're probably thinking towards the "too heavy" part of the spectrum, whereas I think it's likely to be the smaller end of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's hardly hypothetical. Are you saying their performance in Westminster would in no way represent what they would do in Wales? Really? That's akin to saying that the Greens have never had a chance so we don't know what they would do. I'd have a pretty shrewd guess, wouldn't you?
    Truth is we don't know. To turn your argument around, are you suggesting that the performance of the Senedd would in no way represent what Labour would do in Westminster if in power?

International

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Save the NHS....whilst privatising education by the back door. Tax breaks for private health insurance for some and an increase in stealth taxes for everyone. Not straight away. Wont look good for the Midlanders and those up north that voted blue.
    would you like to insert the word "could" into your post? Just for clarity?

Is this another conspiracy theory? "huge transfer of government assets to private companies" Shirley someone might spot that?
    Read the thread.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Read the thread.
    I did thanks.. sorry if my comment doesn't fit with your thinking.

I did thanks.. sorry if my comment doesn't fit with your thinking.
    The twitter thread, it says exactly what the assets are. You were asking weren’t you?

We have no insight into these contracts which did not go to tender but to Cummings's friends & associates. Including a massive transfer of our most private, intimate NHS data. The privatisation of essential state functions is happening in real time in almost complete darkness
    2/
    And it has been noticed, it just suits a lot of people for it to not be in the news

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/04/22/palantir-coronavirus-contract-did-not-go-to-competitive-tender/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/04/vote-leave-ai-firm-wins-seven-government-contracts-in-18-months

International

The twitter thread, it says exactly what the assets are.
    I don't rad twitter. it is a platform used by journalists and people woith an exe to grind, and those that follow them. Even people in the press say the press take to much notice of iut whewreas the average person has got more sense. I'll go with that.

I don't rad twitter. it is a platform used by journalists and people woith an exe to grind, and those that follow them. Even people in the press say the press take to much notice of iut whewreas the average person has got more sense. I'll go with that.
    See above.

Banned

I'm having doubts that you read anything.

International

I'm having doubts that you read anything.
    I couldn't give a feck what you doubt

You don’t seem to care about much other than defending your own preconceived biases.

Banned

Good, it would be odd if you did.

International

You don’t seem to care about much other than defending your own preconceived biases.
    I don't give a feck what you think either, but you already know that.

Banned

I don't give a feck what you think either, but you already know that.
    You need to keep reminding us that you don't give a feck. Probably after a rant that has come from nowhere precisely because you don't give a feck.

International

I give a feck about people ignoring what is actually written because it doesn't suit the answer they want to give, including some people actually changing the original post to suit their answer.
    But not just my posts but all posts. If you look back through my posts you will find that I have always challenged things such as people posting opinion as fact and then quoting it is fact, but I don't need to mention that do I? You already know form your posts under one of your other persona.

Banned

I give a feck about people ignoring what is actually written because it doesn't suit the answer they want to give, including some people actually changing the original post to suit their answer.
    But not just my posts but all posts. If you look back through my posts you will find that I have always challenged things such as people posting opinion as fact and then quoting it is fact, but I don't need to mention that do I? You already know form your posts under one of your other persona.
    Calm down dear. You spent a lot of yesterday arguing about an article on Cummings which was proven to be factual during the course of your doubling down.

You have ended this latest tirade of geriatric hysteria with a claim that I know something about you based on my other persona. What persona is this? You always tend to bring this up when you want to turn the argument into something else. Since you have such a respect of facts, you won't mind me challenging you on this very point. You also won't mind if I ask you to provide proof to back it up.

I give a feck about people ignoring what is actually written because it doesn't suit the answer they want
    Try practicing what your preach maybe

International

Calm down dear. You spent a lot of yesterday arguing about an article on Cummings which was proven to be factual during the course of your doubling down.

You have ended this latest tirade of geriatric hysteria with a claim that I know something about you based on my other persona. What persona is this? You always tend to bring this up when you want to turn the argument into something else. Since you have such a respect of facts, you won't mind me challenging you on this very point. You also won't mind if I ask you to provide proof to back it up.
    You see you have done it again. Everyone else was arguing about an article that turned out to be factual. In reality it was not the article I had referred to in my original post and the article they were talking about I had not and still have not read. Difficult to understand that is it? A perfect example of people ignoring the actual post because it doesn't suit the answer they want to give.
    The things I missed in the article I did read (in para 10 apparently) I conceded when they were pointed out to me (Thank you Heisenburg)
    What persona? do you want a list?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Given the circumstances, I was going to say it's incredible that Boris Johnson didn't have the courage to face the press today and instead pushed Grant Schapps into the firing line, but let's be honest - it wasn't incredible at all. Considering his track record, it was exactly what you would have expected Johnson to do. Can anyone think of another Prime Minister in our recent history who would have been gutless enough to have done something similar?

Regardless of which side of the political spectrum you're on, I think you have to concede that Johnson is comfortably the most spineless leader this country has had during our lifetimes.
    Obviously he heard you Dave.

He is taking it today.

You should have sent a question in!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Obviously he heard you Dave.

He is taking it today.

You should have sent a question in!
    It was meant to be Robert Jenrick, but perhaps he is in his constituency home and felt the journey to London wasn't essential!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    It was meant to be Robert Jenrick, but perhaps he is in his constituency home and felt the journey to London wasn't essential!
    Given his previous he is probably the last person they'd want to put up

Given his previous he is probably the last person they'd want to put up
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Truth is we don't know. To turn your argument around, are you suggesting that the performance of the Senedd would in no way represent what Labour would do in Westminster if in power?
    No, that's what you're saying, but in reverse about the Tories. I'm saying that Labour in the Senedd would leave lots of clues to what Labour would do in Westminster, in the same way that the Tories in Westminster would leave lots of clues to what they would do if in charge at the Senedd.

**** me he's going to promote him.