+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The most spineless PM in living memory?

Re: The most spineless PM in living memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Adz, I’m not fishing with this but Priti Patel made a statistics/numbers blunder recently, she seems to have escaped the vitriol and mocking that Abbot endured.

Any thoughts?
    I concede that is political but a bit due to race. Priti Patel is anti-immigrant. She is a coconut, she enacts policies that the xenophobia want. Abbott in the other hand is vocal about racial issues.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I concede that is political but a bit due to race. Priti Patel is anti-immigrant. She is a coconut, she enacts policies that the xenophobia want. Abbott in the other hand is vocal about racial issues.
    I am terribly sorry here Adz, but I really think Abbott would have a different press if she was a Tory. It is completely cruel the way that she has been crucified, like I say I have a lot of respect for her, and her journey to get where she got too. It's completely normal now to have black female MPs. Abbott was a pioneer, and it was a rough ride from the start - but that does not imply all attacks on her are remotely racial. That actually degrades the real arguments on racial inequality and racially motivated ad hominem attacks which do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I am terribly sorry here Adz, but I really think Abbott would have a different press if she was a Tory. It is completely cruel the way that she has been crucified, like I say I have a lot of respect for her, and her journey to get where she got too. It's completely normal now to have black female MPs. Abbott was a pioneer, and it was a rough ride from the start - but that does not imply all attacks on her are remotely racial. That actually degrades the real arguments on racial inequality and racially motivated ad hominem attacks which do exist.
    Because if she was Tory, she would be having different views on racial issues. They don’t like a proud, self-respecting person of colour who stands up for people like them

Heisenberg

"Coconut". What does that mean, Adz? It's not a derogatory racial term, I hope.

Banned

Because if she was Tory, she would be having different views on racial issues. They don’t like a proud, self-respecting person of colour who stands up for people like them
    How come other black female Labour front benchers don't get the same treatment then?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/worldhav...l_a_black.html

Looks like it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    How come other black female Labour front benchers don't get the same treatment then?
    Dawn Butler? She isn’t as prominent as Abbott tho

I’m just calling out Priti Patel for her immigration policies!

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Well the lots of clues to what labour in the Senedd would do In Westminster is very worrying because they’ve done nothing of note in Wales other than bi-lingual road signs. Maybe we would have these all over uk
    Whereas the Tories have done plenty of note in Westminster. Plenty of good if you're wealthy. Put you in the shit if you're at the bottom of the ladder. Given Wales has problems with poverty etc, more Tory medicine is exactly what we don't need in Wales.

Heisenberg

I’m just calling out Priti Patel for her immigration policies!
    No, mate... You called a lady of colour a "coconut". That's completely f**king racist, whatever her immigration policies are.

There are thousands of other things you could call her which would do a good job of describing what a terrible person she is... But bringing her colour into it makes it racist.

Take a good look at yourself in the mirror. You're a hyprocrite.

No, mate... You called a lady of colour a "coconut". That's completely f**king racist, whatever her immigration policies are.

There are thousands of other things you could call her which would do a good job of describing what a terrible person she is... But bringing her colour into it makes it racist.

Take a good look at yourself in the mirror. You're a hyprocrite.
    It reflects how she betrayed us people of colour tho. That’s the point I was making. She gets a different treatment because she did that.

Heisenberg

It reflects how she betrayed us people of colour tho. That’s the point I was making. She gets a different treatment because she did that.
    How? She's blocking white people from entering the country too because of her immigration policies.

Also, by saying that she's a coconut and therefore 'white on the inside' - that's implying that there's something wrong with being white too.

Nice one, Adz. I don't want to see you playing the race card again as I will have no sympathy for you whatsoever. You can't use a racial epithet and then justify it because you don't like the person's politics. You should know better than that by now.

How? She's blocking white people from entering the country too because of her immigration policies.

Also, by saying that she's a coconut and therefore 'white on the inside' - that's implying that there's something wrong with being white too.

Nice one, Adz. I don't want to see you playing the race card again as I will have no sympathy for you whatsoever. You can't use a racial epithet and then justify it because you don't like the person's politics. You should know better than that by now.
    Adz play the race card? He would never do such a thing.

There is nothing wrong with being white on the inside. There is something wrong with using the ladder and pulling up after you used it, which she did

The term coconut goes back to the days of slavery in the deep south of the USA when certain slaves would suck up to their white masters to try and win favour , hence acting like a white slave owner and being white , that is superior , on the inside

With regards to patel shes horrible , power hungry right wing

Banned

Right, so it is ok to be racist as long as you are in the BAME community AND someone else from the BAME community has "betrayed" people belonging to the BAME community? So racism is fair treatment in certain circumstances?

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The term coconut goes back to the days of slavery in the deep south of the USA when certain slaves would suck up to their white masters to try and win favour , hence acting like a white slave owner and being white , that is superior , on the inside

With regards to patel shes horrible , power hungry right wing
    but what she did or did not do has nothing to do with her colour race religion or anything else. Just to do with her lack of care for others probably.

Coconut is definitely a slur. I’m remember Ferdinand getting in loads of trouble for saying similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Coconut is definitely a slur. I’m remember Ferdinand getting in loads of trouble for saying similar.
    He called Ashley Cole a choc ice for defending Terry in the racism court case against his brother.

Different term but same meaning

Banned

Dawn Butler? She isn’t as prominent as Abbott tho
    Right, so Abbott gets this treatment because she is black and prominent. Butler doesn't get it despite being black, because she isn't prominent. And Corbyn got it because he is prominent but, hang on, not black.

Something is not "qwhite" (to quote the twitter post you linked in) right here is it?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    but what she did or did not do has nothing to do with her colour race religion or anything else. Just to do with her lack of care for others probably.
    I am suggesting this is what the poster meant

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He called Ashley Cole a choc ice for defending Terry in the racism court case against his brother.

That was it, cheers

As Heisenburg says you are a hypocrite.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I have seen racism first hand - it is not nice. However, there is an undercurrent of people playing the race card. That those people then use racist terms is completely hypocritical and, worse, counter productive. This undercurrent of people definitely see white people as evil racists as soon as they do so much as disagree with a person of colour. The implication that any such disagreement is racially motivated is insulting to the people being accused, and almost negates any argument they have. In this case, the implication from the tweet that Adz linked was that Abbott was getting this treatment purely because of her skin colour. Abbott is getting this treatment because she is one of the most left wing politicians around. It has sod all to do with skin colour.

But, the very idea that people in the BAME community can call people coconuts or choc ices just because they have spoken out against the community suggests that this undercurrent of race card playing people also possess a bullying streak.

How any of this behaviour helps in the fight against racism, I have no idea, but it does seem like there is an element of extremism here. I fail to see how such people can be both upset at people for being racist AND carry out racist attacks themselves.

The ease with which Adz came out with the term coconut suggests to me that this is a word in widespread usage amongst his peers. That they can't see it's offensive nature is a tad concerning.

I say it again ****ing clear. There is nothing wrong with being white on the inside. There is something wrong in betraying your roots tho