+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The most spineless PM in living memory?

Re: The most spineless PM in living memory?

And there’s something wrong using terms like coconut. It’s racist and counterproductive.

Priti Patel is a horrible bastard you don’t need to bring her race or terms like coconut into it, it’s counterproductive and makes you look like a hypocrite.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post

I say it again ****ing clear. There is nothing wrong with being white on the inside. There is something wrong in betraying your roots tho
    If Johnson betrays his roots, is he a coconut too?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    If Johnson betrays his roots, is he a coconut too?
    I am not of the same ethnicity/roots so I won’t comment. It wouldn’t be my place

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The term coconut goes back to the days of slavery in the deep south of the USA when certain slaves would suck up to their white masters to try and win favour , hence acting like a white slave owner and being white , that is superior , on the inside

With regards to patel shes horrible , power hungry right wing
    Can't t disagree with your last paragraph.

But racial slurs should not be allowed on this board in any shape or form.

It is the second time he has used the word in the last couple of days.

Banned

I am not of the same ethnicity/roots so I won’t comment. It wouldn’t be my place
    If Johnson privatised the NHS, that would go against British roots - and you are British right? So, would he then be a coconut?

If Johnson privatised the NHS, that would go against British roots - and you are British right? So, would he then be a coconut?
    Yep, I am British 🇬🇧❤️ He would be a disgrace to the country. A similar analogy would be if his parents went to another country that allowed Brits to come but he restricted the ability for Brits to enter when he gets power so that his parents wouldn’t even be allowed to enter. That is being a sell-out.

And that is why I used the term ‘coconut’. To mean a ‘sell-out’, not that there is anything wrong with being white or white on the inside

Banned

Yep, I am British ����❤️ He would be a disgrace to the country. A similar analogy would be if his parents went to another country that allowed Brits to come but he restricted the ability for Brits to enter when he gets power so that his parents wouldn’t even be allowed to enter. That is being a sell-out.

And that is why I used the term ‘coconut’. To mean a ‘sell-out’, not that there is anything wrong with being white or white on the inside
    OK, just to be clear then, if Johnson was doing exactly what you said in the first paragraph, you would call him a coconut?

We could argue that he has betrayed a British Citizen already, Zaghari-Ratcliffe for example, by being spineless (bringing it back on topic as much as possible). Does coconut apply to him in this case?

OK, just to be clear then, if Johnson was doing exactly what you said in the first paragraph, you would call him a coconut?
    He would be a ‘sell-out’, which is synonymous to ‘coconut’ in the case of Priti Patel

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am suggesting this is what the poster meant
    I know, I was agreeing with you

Banned

He would be a ‘sell-out’, which is synonymous to ‘coconut’ in the case of Priti Patel
    But he wouldn't be a coconut? Despite the fact that both he and Patel are British - just like you and I?

I have seen racism first hand - it is not nice. However, there is an undercurrent of people playing the race card. That those people then use racist terms is completely hypocritical and, worse, counter productive. This undercurrent of people definitely see white people as evil racists as soon as they do so much as disagree with a person of colour. The implication that any such disagreement is racially motivated is insulting to the people being accused, and almost negates any argument they have. In this case, the implication from the tweet that Adz linked was that Abbott was getting this treatment purely because of her skin colour. Abbott is getting this treatment because she is one of the most left wing politicians around. It has sod all to do with skin colour.
    That is just not true.

There are many reasons (and few excuses) for the abuse Diane Abbott has received especially in recent years and especially on social media - dislike of her politics, her gender, attacks on her competence, the 'soft touch' of her medical condition, her former personal relationship with Corbyn, allegations of hypocrisy around her son's education, and her comments on societal racism - but one clear reason is racism against her because of her skin colour.

Just look at any string of tweets about her, or any comment thread under an online media story, and the insidious racism that feeds much of the hatred is clear.

She may not help herself at times, and she may have been elevated into the firing line for keyboard cowards because of her political association with Corbyn, but the racism is there!

But he wouldn't be a coconut? Despite the fact that both he and Patel are British - just like you and I?
    Let’s say a working class person gets power and has a policy that negatively affects the working classes... would the term ‘class traitor’ be valid?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That is just not true.

There are many reasons (and few excuses) for the abuse Diane Abbott has received especially in recent years and especially on social media - dislike of her politics, her gender, attacks on her competence, the 'soft touch' of her medical condition, her former relationship with Corbyn, allegations of hypocrisy around her son's education, and comments on societal racism - but one clear reason is racism against her because of her skin colour.

Just look at any string of tweets about her, or any comment thread under an online media story, and the insidious racism that feeds much of the hatred is clear.

She may not help herself at times, and she may have been elevated into the firing line for keyboard cowards because of her association with Corbyn, but the racism is there!
    I don't agree with that - not at the journalistic levels that we are talking about anyway. Of course, there are dickheads on Twitter who are attacking Abbott and others purely on skin colour. But, that isn't who we are talking about here - going back to the Tweet that Adz linked to which pointed the finger at a media who harrassed Abbott for drinking on a train, but who have kept Cummings off the front page the last two days. If the tweet was pointing the finger at the Facebook Fogies then I would have agreed. But, it seemed that the tweet was directed at the media, not the keyboard cowards.

Banned

Let’s say a working class person gets power and has a policy that negatively affects the working classes... would the term ‘class traitor’ be valid?
    I'm more interested in your syntax. When can I use the word coconut?

Not speaking for anyone but if you are calling out a sell-out then I don’t care. I remember when Sludge called Priti Patel an ‘uncle Tom’ and I agreed.

Mind you I have been called a ‘coconut’ before and I admit I am a bit of one tbh

Banned

Not speaking for anyone but if you are calling out a sell-out then I don’t care. I remember when Sludge called Priti Patel an ‘uncle Tom’ and I agreed.

Mind you I have been called a ‘coconut’ before and I admit I am a bit of one tbh
    OK, I am still none the wiser which makes me reaffirm my original thoughts that the term coconut is pretty unpleasant.

You shouldn't

It is regarded as a racial slur

A Bristol councillor was convicted of racial harassment in 2012 for using it

And a UKIP AM was suspended from the Assembly for using the term in 2018 when referring to Chuka Umuna

OK, I am still none the wiser which makes me reaffirm my original thoughts that the term coconut is pretty unpleasant.
    It is an unpleasant term, although from my understanding it isn't simply about skin colour per se, it's about culture, history, oppression and historical racism received by black people from a racist establishment. It's usually aimed towards those who apologise for racists and who go along with policy that affects the poorest and most disadvantaged, that's alot of black people in this country. I don't like the term and wouldn't use it, it would sound much worse from a white man like myself.

In my opinion, yes, although i suppose it depends whether that person identified as 'working class' politically in the first place. There are plenty of working class tories.

Banned

Cummings was getting a lot of stick on the walk back to his flat/house from neighbours. Water off a duck's back, but I think it has also been confirmed he was at Barnard's castle on his wife's birthday on April 12th.

Johnson has got to act, or go down with the ship.

Cummings was getting a lot of stick on the walk back to his flat/house from neighbours. Water off a duck's back, but I think it has also been confirmed he was at Barnard's castle on his wife's birthday on April 12th.

Yeah, the government has lost some legitimacy. The worry now is whether people would begin to fail to see the point of lockdown after the revelations. And that is concerning after we all made so much progress and sacrificed (to some extend) a bit

His one line of defence was brilliant.

“I think he followed the instincts of every father and every parent, and I do not mark him down for that,” Johnson told the daily Downing Street press briefing.

This coming from a man who left 4 kids aged all under 8 to go and **** someone else.

He’s shagging us all mind if he manages to get away with supporting Cummings.

Banned

Yeah, the government has lost some legitimacy. The worry now is whether people would begin to fail to see the point of lockdown after the revelations. And that is concerning after we all made so much progress and sacrificed (to some extend) a bit
    I think he was already writing the headlines for his supporting papers by easing the lockdown. Sugar to help the medicine go down.

I think he was already writing the headlines for his supporting papers by easing the lockdown. Sugar to help the medicine go down.
    Do you reckon they will further ease lockdown to lessen the blow? I thought they were doing it a week or two early anyway

I think Adz has no other option than to resign from the forum.