+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The most spineless PM in living memory?

Banned

Re: The most spineless PM in living memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Word perfect.

He should have resigned. When he didnt, he should have been sacked. And, ideally, punched. There will be tens, hundreds of thousands, if not millions, who will allow themselves a little bit more freedom as a result of this. If he can visit family, why shouldnt we? Because people will die, of course. But that is lost on government.

Boris johnson is a dangerous moron and a coward. He thinks he is some sort of churchill figure but he's actually a sort of delinquent vapid chuckle brother, bouncing between incompetent ****-ups. Govts job for the last few months has been to listen to scientists; understand what they are saying, distill that into clear unambiguous messages; and lead by example. Hes been an absolute ****ing shambles on all fronts. Criminal incompetence.
    Whatever credibility and good faith the Government has with a large percentage of the population is evaporating.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Whatever credibility and good faith the Government has with a large percentage of the population is evaporating.
    Large percentage of the population?
    45% voted the Kents in so 55 percent either hated them or couldn't give a fack

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Large percentage of the population?
    45% voted the Kents in so 55 percent either hated them or couldn't give a fack
    exactly insider thats why i,m in favour of proportional representation . it's is the way forward in politics

Cummings is a shithouse , he has been caught out

He should go and so should schapps and the other idiot tories squirmingly sticking up for him

It's a disgrace

When the dust settles on this virus I hope the Tories are given a savage beating , bunch of chancers

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    exactly insider thats why i,m in favour of proportional representation . it's is the way forward in politics
    The population were given a vote on that , most people couldn't even be bothered to turn up and it was rejected

i know sludge but somethings got to change . you can't have governments winning on only 33 per cent of the population surely ?

the last tory government won on that percentage that,s not right

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    He should have resigned. When he didnt, he should have been sacked.
    Just read a great line on Facebook. A friend suggested that expecting Boris Johnson to sack Dominic Cummings is the equivalent of expecting Emu to sack Rod Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Just read a great line on Facebook. A friend suggested that expecting Boris Johnson to sack Dominic Cummings is the equivalent of expecting Emu to sack Rod Hull.
    Are you suggesting that Cummings has his hand up Johnson's arse?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Are you suggesting that Cummings has his hand up Johnson's arse?
    Personally, I think Cummings has missed a trick. All he needed to do was say he was visiting his favourite butcher to buy some essential meat and he’d have been fine.

Personally, I think Cummings has missed a trick. All he needed to do was say he was visiting his favourite butcher to buy some essential meat and he’d have been fine.

I went out and bought some meat and two veg today and stuffed it down my trousers

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I went out and bought some meat and two veg today and stuffed it down my trousers
    No wonder those runners were trying to get away!

No wonder those runners were trying to get away!
    They were sex people

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Keir Starmer is a credible leader. The shadow cabinet is superior to the arrogant, incompetent and in Patel’s case thick front bench.
    I agree. Most credible opposition in 10 years. Give Starmer and co a chance and they will hold the Tories properly to account. Which has to be good for our democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I agree. Most credible opposition in 10 years. Give Starmer and co a chance and they will hold the Tories properly to account. Which has to be good for our democracy.
    He appears to have something about him, maybe can break the cycle of 40 odd years of Tories hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Starmer is a barrister who has fought numerous legal cases and he seems to be a man of principle

Unlike blair who after a decent start turned out to be a war mongering lunatic

Johnson will be under immense pressure now, because he simply cannot stand up to Starmers cross questioning in the Commons.

Thanks for thinking about me TLG. Funny how things work out.

Now that Garden centres are open I'll be off to Chepstow Garden Centre for a click and collect as they have the climber I want in stock. As it happens the butcher I use in Abergavenny has a branch on the premises, so a bit of shopping there is on the cards. If the weather holds its then over the bridge to W-S-M for sun and sand, but must make sure the meat stays cold so I'll probably use the camper van, with the option of staying over for a night.

Thing is my freezer is low on fish and I normally buy that in bulk at the quay at Brixham, but with the bank holiday he's closed until Wednesday. Im sure I'll work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Johnson will be under immense pressure now, because he simply cannot stand up to Starmers cross questioning in the Commons.
    I doubt that would matter to the majority of the population. In fact, I reckon some of Johnson's most right wing fans would argue that Johnson has Starmer in knots.

I doubt that would matter to the majority of the population. In fact, I reckon some of Johnson's most right wing fans would argue that Johnson has Starmer in knots.
    He’s got me in knots, his waffling & bumbling has me baffled, doesn’t take much to do that mind but I expect the bloke ruining, erm running, the country to be comprehensible.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Starmer is a barrister who has fought numerous legal cases and he seems to be a man of principle

Unlike blair who after a decent start turned out to be a war mongering lunatic
    I'm by and large anti-war, anti-violence, sort things out by peaceful and diplomatic means.

Thatcher got huge support for the Falklands. It's reckoned that it saved her premiership. She also was PM when we went to war in Iraq the first time. I can't remember her being vilified at the time.

Blair did the same as Thatcher and got vilified. I remember the time that Saddam Hussein's statue was toppled. That symbolism was well received in the UK and, from memory, was well celebrated.

It strikes me that it's a bit odd that Thatcher never really suffered the public outrage years later for her wars, yet Blair did. Perhaps I'm missing something. BTW I'm not saying that I agree with Blair's actions but it's arguable that the whole middle eastern spiral started long before he came along.

I'm by and large anti-war, anti-violence, sort things out by peaceful and diplomatic means.

Thatcher got huge support for the Falklands. It's reckoned that it saved her premiership. She also was PM when we went to war in Iraq the first time. I can't remember her being vilified at the time.

Blair did the same as Thatcher and got vilified. I remember the time that Saddam Hussein's statue was toppled. That symbolism was well received in the UK and, from memory, was well celebrated.

It strikes me that it's a bit odd that Thatcher never really suffered the public outrage years later for her wars, yet Blair did. Perhaps I'm missing something. BTW I'm not saying that I agree with Blair's actions but it's arguable that the whole middle eastern spiral started long before he came along.
    Being PM though he had the opportunity to step back away from the shitstorm.

Banned

True. I also think Johnson will play to the crowd when MPs return in 2 weeks. Starmer is forensic, but Johnson's replies will get the biggest cheers and that's what will be played to the unsuspecting Social Media users who are being targeted without realising it.

Banned

I think Blair's war was founded on a proven lie. Thatcher's wars were the results of an invasion on the Falkland Islands, and later an Iraqi invasion into Kuwait (although I thought that was John Major, but on checking it was one of Maggie's last acts as PM and I remember my dad cynically saying she was only doing it to retain power). Blair's war was based on WMDs that didn't exist. Thatcher's wars were justifiable.

Banned

It's amazing how well the cabinet are defending Cummings. It's a shame they weren't anywhere near as diligent when defending care homes hey?