+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The most spineless PM in living memory?

Re: The most spineless PM in living memory?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think Adz has no other option than to resign from the forum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Do you reckon they will further ease lockdown to lessen the blow? I thought they were doing it a week or two early anyway
    I think they are under pressure to reopen the economy anyway, but they need something fast to distract us from this story. Just as many people have forgotten Cummings' comments on herd immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think Adz has no other option than to resign from the forum.
    Do people still resign these days?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I think they are under pressure to reopen the economy anyway, but they need something fast to distract us from this story. Just as many people have forgotten Cummings' comments on herd immunity.
    Yeah, it seems to be to the point where the economy is the big issue. I wonder if by chance that could distract? All this is very surreal

Sometimes the Daily Mail surprises me (like their Justice for Stephen Lawrence campaign).

This will hurt Johnson more than anything else in the national media tomorrow:

Daily Mail 25.5.20.jpg

Heisenberg

I say it again ****ing clear. There is nothing wrong with being white on the inside. There is something wrong in betraying your roots tho
    Then just say that. You can call her out for being anti-immigration (when her own parents were immigrants) without using a racial epithet. Again - I'm calling it hyprocrisy of the highest order after the amount of times that you've cried racism on here over the years.

You mentioned elsewhere that you agreed with her being called an "uncle Tom" too. Are there any terms that you think people shouldn't use about Priti Patel? Can I call her the 'P' word if I don't like her policy?

Either all forms of racist language are wrong or none of them are. If you want to decide which ones you think are acceptable, then you're part of the f**king problem.

2 fat hairy bikers telling the world how to diet.
    Shoot me now.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Then just say that. You can call her out for being anti-immigration (when her own parents were immigrants) without using a racial epithet. Again - I'm calling it hyprocrisy of the highest order after the amount of times that you've cried racism on here over the years.

You mentioned elsewhere that you agreed with her being called an "uncle Tom" too. Are there any terms that you think people shouldn't use about Priti Patel? Can I call her the 'P' word if I don't like her policy?

Either all forms of racist language are wrong or none of them are. If you want to decide which ones you think are acceptable, then you're part of the f**king problem.
    I believe racism is definitely a two way street, no doubt about it.

Yeah, the government has lost some legitimacy. The worry now is whether people would begin to fail to see the point of lockdown after the revelations. And that is concerning after we all made so much progress and sacrificed (to some extend) a bit
    The bulk of us have made no sacrifice. Most can now speak to parents or loved ones via Zoom etc.

There have been around 33k who’ve made tremendous sacrifices like letting loved ones die pretty much alone, or the full family of that 13 year old being unable to attend his funeral.

To most of us it’s two fingers up to the plebs. To those poor buggers it’s moments or opportunities they’ve been robbed of because they followed rules not instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I believe racism is definitely a two way street, no doubt about it.
    Genuine question, What do you mean?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Genuine question, What do you mean?
    There is as much racism generated between different non-white groups towards each other and towards white people as there is by whites the other way. And between white groups and other white group because of nationality or other reasons.

You are missing the point again. The ‘P’ word would have nothing to do with her actions

And if you think it would be okay to use the word ‘paki’, you can **** off

There is as much racism generated between different non-white groups towards each other and towards white people as there is by whites the other way. And between white groups and other white group because of nationality or other reasons.
    It isn't two way, not by a long stretch.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It isn't two way, not by a long stretch.
    It ay not seem so in this country but world wide it is.

Heisenberg

You are missing the point again. The ‘P’ word would have nothing to do with her actions
    How can I possibly be missing your terrible point? You're saying that's it ok to use racist language as long as the person you're abusing did something you disagree with and the term you use relates to that. Priti Patel did something you disagree with so you can call her a coconut or an Uncle Tom. Have I undersood that correctly?

If that's your argument then you leave the scope so f**king wide for society to decide that we can use whatever language we want as long as it fits with the description of the actions of the person that we are abusing.

I repeat: Either all forms of racist language are wrong or none of them are. If you want to decide which ones you think are acceptable, then you're part of the f**king problem.

Banned

And if you think it would be okay to use the word ‘****’, you can **** off
    He raises a valid point. The P word is clearly offensive. The coconut jibe (henceforth known as "the other c word that isn't 4 letters") is also offensive. You have justified calling Patel a coconut because she has betrayed her roots (which are as British as yours and mine). Some people may see that as a strong offensive slur. Why, then is the P word more offensive for you, especially since someone could just as equally say "I called her that because she betrayed her roots"? You have to, at least, accept that the other c word that isn't 4 letters carries the same potential to offend someone as the P word.

Heisenberg

And if you think it would be okay to use the word ‘****’, you can **** off
    Wait a second... I've been telling you for hours how I don't think it's ok to use the word 'coconut' in the context that you used it - yet you accuse me of thinking it would be okay the use the word '****'?!

You can f**k off, Adz. You lost the moral highground when you called Priti Patel a "coconut" - you racist c**t.

It ay not seem so in this country but world wide it is.
    Disagree. There was colonialism and the legacy is still there. Some people in South Asia look up to white people and try so hard to be them by lightening their skins and changing their accents. Also many systems from colonialism, such as laws, still exist and they can be regressive (eg anti-LGBTQ laws and blasphemy laws). Not to mention the borders torn up that have caused civil issues. Anyway I digress with the last two sentences but point still stands

Wait a second... I've been telling you for hours how I don't think it's ok to use the word 'coconut' in the context that you used it - yet you accuse me of thinking it would be okay the use the word '****'?!

You can f**k off, Adz. You lost the moral highground when you called Priti Patel a "coconut" - you racist c**t.

Heisenberg

I'm glad you think the subject of racism is funny. I'll be happy to remind you the next time you bring it up in conversation on here.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    He raises a valid point. The P word is clearly offensive. The coconut jibe (henceforth known as "the other c word that isn't 4 letters") is also offensive. You have justified calling Patel a coconut because she has betrayed her roots (which are as British as yours and mine). Some people may see that as a strong offensive slur. Why, then is the P word more offensive for you, especially since someone could just as equally say "I called her that because she betrayed her roots"? You have to, at least, accept that the other c word that isn't 4 letters carries the same potential to offend someone as the P word.
    Because coconut is about actions and “paki” isn’t. **** is a word used to belittle Pakistanis (and other South Asians) and there was a term called ‘paki-bashing’ too. “Coconut” is used to call someone out for simply denying others the same opportunities that she and her parents had. It is synonymous with ‘hypocrite’ in this case and not used to say anything negative about white people

I'm glad you think the subject of racism is funny. I'll be happy to remind you the next time you bring it up in conversation on here.
    Nah just your response is. And the way you twisted the word ‘coconut’ when I was simply calling out Priti Patel for her actions.

A bit rich of you to lecture me on an issue I faced for my whole life tbh

International

Disagree. There was colonialism and the legacy is still there. Some people in South Asia look up to white people and try so hard to be them by lightening their skins and changing their accents. Also many systems from colonialism, such as laws, still exist and they can be regressive (eg anti-LGBTQ laws and blasphemy laws). Not to mention the borders torn up that have caused civil issues. Anyway I digress with the last two sentences but point still stands
    I didn't say white against black racism doesn't exist did I. I only said it can be prevalent between non-British races and creeds also, it isn't only a post colonial British trait by any means. Lots of races creeds and ethnic communities can have racist tendencies and do, whether they be white black brown yellow or any other colour that may be used to describe them.
    But you are free to disagree if tha'ts what you honestly believe.

Banned

Because coconut is about actions and “****” isn’t. **** is a word used to belittle Pakistanis (and other South Asians) and there was a term called ‘****-bashing’ too. “Coconut” is used to call someone out for simply denying others the same opportunities that she and her parents had. It is synonymous with ‘hypocrite’ in this case and not used to say anything negative about white people
    Yes, we've established that C*****t it is not used to say anything negative about white people. But it is used to say something negative about people of colour. Just as the P word is.