+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The most spineless PM in living memory?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The most spineless PM in living memory?

For anyone who voted tory I would like to say thanks for electing this right wing , self serving shambles of a government

Well done

Hope you are happy with what you are seeing ?

Good old boris , man of the people

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just thought the Prime Minister of a country would be interested in what is being told to the public. If he doesn't watch them, then surely he should be thoroughly briefed on them, otherwise the potential for being made to look like a total twat is huge.
    This probability remains no matter how much of a briefing he receives in fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    This probability remains no matter how much of a briefing he receives in fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just thought the Prime Minister of a country would be interested in what is being told to the public. If he doesn't watch them, then surely he should be thoroughly briefed on them, otherwise the potential for being made to look like a total twat is huge.
    He would look like a total twat anyway.

I did think it could be worse as the US had Trump. This buffoon and his gang are running him close.

I think he should carry on being an idiot

I think starmer is going to give him such a leathering

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I agree, but it has nothing to do with race as he is implying.
    Not to side track the argument but a white man is always going to get less of a kicking than a black woman in the press.

Wouldn't it be brilliant if a member of the public has a photo of Cummings in Barnard Castle and/or out for a walk in the woods? CCTV.....anything.

International

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Wouldn't it be brilliant if a member of the public has a photo of Cummings in Barnard Castle and/or out for a walk in the woods? CCTV.....anything.
    If such a thing existed don't you think it would have been in the public domain in April. I think so.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    If such a thing existed don't you think it would have been in the public domain in April. I think so.
    GDPR.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    There have been denials all round that he went back up to Durham, but it's been far quieter when it comes to the visit to the castle on 12 April.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Not to side track the argument but a white man is always going to get less of a kicking than a black woman in the press.
    That is beyond question, but Abbott's kicking is mostly based on politics and mistakes she has made. I, personally, have a lot of respect for Abbott.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    This!
    This is for a different thread, but not every personal attack on a BAME person is racially motivated. The attack on Abbott for drinking on a train was entirely political. The poor lady has been having a hiding ever since she made a mistake on figures on national TV.

This is for a different thread, but not every personal attack on a BAME person is racially motivated. The attack on Abbott for drinking on a train was entirely political. The poor lady has been having a hiding ever since she made a mistake on figures on national TV.
    Indeed. Strangely enough, members of this government have made similar errors of a mathematical nature on live TV or radio, yet none of them have had the piss taken out of them for such a length of time.

The way the media exaggerated it is. There are double standards for white and BAME both in media and in society

The way the media exaggerated it is. There are double standards for white and BAME both in media and in society
    Adz, I’m not fishing with this but Priti Patel made a statistics/numbers blunder recently, she seems to have escaped the vitriol and mocking that Abbot endured.

Any thoughts?

Banned

So how do you explain the media standards when reporting on Corbyn?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Adz, I’m not fishing with this but Priti Patel made a statistics/numbers blunder recently, she seems to have escaped the vitriol and mocking that Abbot endured.

Any thoughts?
    I concede that is political but a bit due to race. Priti Patel is anti-immigrant. She is a coconut, she enacts policies that the xenophobia want. Abbott in the other hand is vocal about racial issues.

Banned

I concede that is political but a bit due to race. Priti Patel is anti-immigrant. She is a coconut, she enacts policies that the xenophobia want. Abbott in the other hand is vocal about racial issues.
    I am terribly sorry here Adz, but I really think Abbott would have a different press if she was a Tory. It is completely cruel the way that she has been crucified, like I say I have a lot of respect for her, and her journey to get where she got too. It's completely normal now to have black female MPs. Abbott was a pioneer, and it was a rough ride from the start - but that does not imply all attacks on her are remotely racial. That actually degrades the real arguments on racial inequality and racially motivated ad hominem attacks which do exist.

I am terribly sorry here Adz, but I really think Abbott would have a different press if she was a Tory. It is completely cruel the way that she has been crucified, like I say I have a lot of respect for her, and her journey to get where she got too. It's completely normal now to have black female MPs. Abbott was a pioneer, and it was a rough ride from the start - but that does not imply all attacks on her are remotely racial. That actually degrades the real arguments on racial inequality and racially motivated ad hominem attacks which do exist.
    Because if she was Tory, she would be having different views on racial issues. They don’t like a proud, self-respecting person of colour who stands up for people like them

Banned

Because if she was Tory, she would be having different views on racial issues. They don’t like a proud, self-respecting person of colour who stands up for people like them
    How come other black female Labour front benchers don't get the same treatment then?

Heisenberg

"Coconut". What does that mean, Adz? It's not a derogatory racial term, I hope.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    "Coconut". What does that mean, Adz? It's not a derogatory racial term, I hope.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/worldhav...l_a_black.html

Looks like it might be.

How come other black female Labour front benchers don't get the same treatment then?
    Dawn Butler? She isn’t as prominent as Abbott tho

Banned

Dawn Butler? She isn’t as prominent as Abbott tho
    Right, so Abbott gets this treatment because she is black and prominent. Butler doesn't get it despite being black, because she isn't prominent. And Corbyn got it because he is prominent but, hang on, not black.

Something is not "qwhite" (to quote the twitter post you linked in) right here is it?