I was 11 when this game was on. I was quite late getting into football, by this stage I'd been interested in it in, maybe, a year. My parents were never interested in the game. My junior school playground was Liverpool or Man Utd, or hated Liverpool. I knew nothing about the history of football, other than Liverpool seemed to win just about everything at the time. I had an uncle who supported Liverpool and Cardiff and I'd enjoy taking the piss out of him if Liverpool lost, but I generally didn't care. I think Everton beat them one season after Liverpool had gone a million games unbeaten from the start and would have had the record. I have never looked at when that was to this day.

Anyway, I just didn't want Liverpool to win the league and have the second double. Those last seconds when Thomas scored were incredible to me at the time.

I suppose that game really kickstarted my interest in football. The first game I saw live was Swansea losing at home to Wolves. A family friend took me and I spent most of the time celebrating to wind this guy up every time Wolves scored. They scored 5. I was never taken back.