+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jonny Owen

Jonny Owen

Nearly an hour into his first show on Talksport (not a favourite station of mine by the way) and he’s not mentioned The City once

Re: Jonny Owen

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Nearly an hour into his first show on Talksport (not a favourite station of mine by the way) and he’s not mentioned The City once
    There was an interview with him in yesterday's western mail , talked about how he was a football nut , the article mentioned that he was involved in forest , that his girlfriend was a notts county fan etc

No mention of cardiff city

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    There was an interview with him in yesterday's western mail , talked about how he was a football nut , the article mentioned that he was involved in forest , that his girlfriend was a notts county fan etc

he is / was director of media / communications at forest

Maybe his passion for City has diminished over the years. Happens to a lot of people.

Just after my earlier post it was mentioned that the first clubs he supported were Merthyr Tydfil & Cardiff. A bit disappointed with the programme as the likes of Stephen Graham were churning out Liverpool anecdotes and I thought that Jonny would chuck some City ones in yet the Forest ‘I Believe In Miracles’ had a fair old outing.

I did notice that...very strange, partic after his big piece mentioned here last week before the fa cup final.

Didn’t he stop following the city after the rebrand, but like so many came running back once we were promoted?

Jonny is not the Cardiff nut he likes to portray.

I know him more for being a Merthyr fan growing up who went to the odd Cardiff match.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Didn’t he stop following the city after the rebrand, but like so many came running back once we were promoted?
    No, those people are a figment of your imagination.

Maybe more of a football fan rather than a city fan?

Probably better for his career being a forest fan

His choice

More clubs than Tiger Woods, I wish they would stop playing his pick & shovel Version down the city.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Maybe more of a football fan rather than a city fan?

Probably better for his career being a forest fan

His choice
    You are either a cardiff city , forest , lincoln fan etc or you are not

You can have a second team , a soft spot for rochdale or aldershot etc

But a true fan has one team and that's it till you die

Just after my earlier post it was mentioned that the first clubs he supported were Merthyr Tydfil & Cardiff. A bit disappointed with the programme as the likes of Stephen Graham were churning out Liverpool anecdotes and I thought that Jonny would chuck some City ones in yet the Forest ‘I Believe In Miracles’ had a fair old outing.
    If I was a cardiff fan and I was famous and the subject of football came up , everyone would know who my team was

International

If I was a cardiff fan and I was famous and the subject of football came up , everyone would know who my team was
    what do you mean "IF I was a cardiff fan..." lol

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    what do you mean "IF I was a cardiff fan..." lol
    I think what he said was if he was a Cardiff Fan and famous - the first he is, apart from his well-known affinity with Liverpool, and he is not famous except on this board, where he is.

Maybe he don’t wanna get some scab in Nottingham, kicking his head in on a night out

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Jonny is not the Cardiff nut he likes to portray.

I know him more for being a Merthyr fan growing up who went to the odd Cardiff match.
    That's my impression too. Seemed to be convenient to churn out the "walking to a different beat" spiel when Cardiff were doing well.

Let’s be honest, he’s a chancer.
    Probably gives as much of a **** about CCFC as Owen Money.

The Cup Final suited him and his aspirations then on the pitch in red after his boycott to full on Nottingham Forest with all of the connotations that are obvious to anyone from South Wales.

Right ****ing Chancer!

Who the feck is Jonny Owen and what is Talk Sport 🤔🤔😉