+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Coogan living the dream

Steve Coogan living the dream

Man of the people Coogan furloughs his gardener and housekeeper , who is cutting the grass at his £4million property in its 75 acres of Sussex countryside.

And employees at Baby Cow Productions are being paid by the taxpayer.

Up the revolution, do as I do not as I tell tell you.

Same with Cummings ,privilege folk ,eh !

Banned

Re: Steve Coogan living the dream

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Man of the people Coogan furloughs his gardener and housekeeper , who is cutting the grass at his £4million property in its 75 acres of Sussex countryside.

And employees at Baby Cow Productions are being paid by the taxpayer.

Up the revolutio do as I do not as I tell tell you.
    This highlights why furlough is starting to look like a piss take. Employers are taking the piss. So are employees. Next door has 3 people on furlough. One self employed, one works in a builders merchants and has refused to go back on safety grounds, and the other refused to work from home and took the furlough option. Yesterday, all three were in a car going to the builder's merchants that is too unsafe to work at, to buy materials to do more work on their house.

People are taking the piss, and they don't seem to appreciate what is likely to happen when the furlough tap is stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    This highlights why furlough is starting to look like a piss take. Employers are taking the piss. So are employees. Next door has 3 people on furlough. One self employed, one works in a builders merchants and has refused to go back on safety grounds, and the other refused to work from home and took the furlough option. Yesterday, all three were in a car going to the builder's merchants that is too unsafe to work at, to buy materials to do more work on their house.

People are taking the piss, and they don't seem to appreciate what is likely to happen when the furlough tap is stopped.
    I've noticed this with a few people I know too. Most more than happy to take the furlough and do home improvements.
    Won't be a simple task getting them back in the rat race.

Rishi Sunak not looking so good at all.

Coogan that Wetherspoons bloke who else?

Hardly fills you in confidence that Sunak will lead the economic recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Rishi Sunak not looking so good at all.

Coogan that Wetherspoons bloke who else?

Hardly fills you in confidence that Sunak will lead the economic recovery.
    The original poster was sucking the chancellor off a few weeks ago , this scheme is beginning to look like a bit of a balls up

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The original poster was sucking the chancellor off a few weeks ago , this scheme is beginning to look like a bit of a balls up
    However bad Hancock has been I bet he wished he had Sunaks job. Sunak has basically thrown about the cash.

Also another Minister backing the disgraced Cummings.

Joining the list who have no regard for the public they are supposed to serve.

I think the furlough scheme was a good idea. The right thing to do. People will go back to work. One of very few things this Government got right.
    Coogan is a hypocrite. He has more than enough money and really doesn’t need to be getting taxpayers money to pay his gardeners.
    He is fair game for criticism.

Everyone including Coogan who have taken the piss deserve criticism.

How much this piss taking will cost the country who knows?

I’d like to see the full story of this, it’s weird it’s only being reported in the sun and the mail both of which have legal issues with Coogan.

If it’s correct how it’s being reported though it seems very hypocritical of him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I've noticed this with a few people I know too. Most more than happy to take the furlough and do home improvements.
    Unlike the benefits system where piss taking is a low percentage of users (a price worth paying) but much castigated, my anecdotal evidence suggests this scheme is being used by a fairly sizeable proportion of people taking the piss, and they (employers and employees) will use this scheme for as long as it is available, rather than for as long as it is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It will when they get a simple choice of pay or no pay

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Everyone including Coogan who have taken the piss deserve criticism.

How much this piss taking will cost the country who knows?
    I probably shouldn't mention football club owners on a football club messageboard, but we have an owner worth $1.6bn (£1.314bn) who recently sold £55m worth of shares in a football club in the US who was also very quick to pass on the burden of his staffs wages onto the taxpayer.

That is also a piss take.

Furlough was a good scheme, it may even have been necessary, but it is going to cost a fortune and I do wonder if a few months on unemployment benefits whilst having mortgage and loan holidays could not have been used instead.

My neighbour is currently quids in - mortgage holiday, 80% of his wage - why would he need to rush back to work?

If my neighbour was out on benefits - he would be back working now. Yes, we can argue that many people would be forced into work despite being high risk - but that is really where furlough should have gone - to people with known underlying issues.

I appreciate that furlough may have had an impact on the success of the lockdown - but in that case we are simply paying extra for the Government's tardy response, and for years of underfunding the NHS and police force.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I did spit it didnt swallow just felt he had saved a lot of Small Medium Enterprises going to the wall and thier staff from being made redundant. I still like him not my fault the rich celebrity has no moral .

He should have furloughed local government workers not actually working during this period as well . Saved 20% on council wage expenditure.

To counter the anecdotal evidence above. The only people I know who’ve been furloughed are gutted about it and realised it was the first step to redundancy. Many have found new jobs as they were working for start ups who lost all their cash flow. And the companies that have furloughed them have offered redundancies to people who do quit.

I don’t know anyone who has had the option to be furloughed or not on safety grounds. But I’m sure it exists.

Whatever you think of the system it seems harsh to lay the blame on normal people because you live near or work with some lazy chancers.

Being a bit tough on Coogan here, poor bugger lived in travel tavern for nigh on a year.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Being a bit tough on Coogan here, poor bugger lived in travel tavern for nigh on a year.
    Dan
    Dan
    Dan
    Dan
    Dan
    Dan
    He can't hear me
    Dan
    Dan
    Dan

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I probably shouldn't mention football club owners on a football club messageboard, but we have an owner worth $1.6bn (£1.314bn) who recently sold £55m worth of shares in a football club in the US who was also very quick to pass on the burden of his staffs wages onto the taxpayer.

That is also a piss take.

Furlough was a good scheme, it may even have been necessary, but it is going to cost a fortune and I do wonder if a few months on unemployment benefits whilst having mortgage and loan holidays could not have been used instead.

My neighbour is currently quids in - mortgage holiday, 80% of his wage - why would he need to rush back to work?

If my neighbour was out on benefits - he would be back working now. Yes, we can argue that many people would be forced into work despite being high risk - but that is really where furlough should have gone - to people with known underlying issues.

I appreciate that furlough may have had an impact on the success of the lockdown - but in that case we are simply paying extra for the Government's tardy response, and for years of underfunding the NHS and police force.
    But to give our owner a little credit, he has thousands of employees all over the world and all the businesses they work in are probably taking a hit and he may be doing more to support those that are in countries that don't have such a scheme. We don't know all the facts on it do we. The oil rich never-did-sa-days-work-in-their-lives owners of clubs like Man City are a different breed entirely.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    To counter the anecdotal evidence above. The only people I know who’ve been furloughed are gutted about it and realised it was the first step to redundancy. Many have found new jobs as they were working for start ups who lost all their cash flow. And the companies that have furloughed them have offered redundancies to people who do quit.

I don’t know anyone who has had the option to be furloughed or not on safety grounds. But I’m sure it exists.

Whatever you think of the system it seems harsh to lay the blame on normal people because you live near or work with some lazy chancers.
    Fair points, and there is probably a risk/cost analysis that shows doing it this way saved lives and the NHS.

Lord Fox has furloughed himself 🤣.

I know hes not a Tory but its still bad.

Didnt get much outpouring but hey .

Jeepers I voted for that lot FFS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But to give our owner a little credit, he has thousands of employees all over the world and all the businesses they work in are probably taking a hit and he may be doing more to support those that are in countries that don't have such a scheme. We don't know all the facts on it do we. The oil rich never-did-sa-days-work-in-their-lives owners of clubs like Man City are a different breed entirely.
    Fair points, but I fail to see why the British taxpayer should be helping to bail out foreign billionaires who deliberately run businesses at a loss anyway. Personally, I'd have had more sympathy if it was being taken up now rather than 8-10 weeks ago.

In fairness I can see the government’s thought behind it. Would these billionaires not just have sacked a load of people if there wasn’t a furlough scheme? ****ing up the economy and costing the tax payers in the long run anyway.

Not to say it’s right for billionaires to take advantage of it but if it helps protect jobs and the economy in the long run it might be worth it.

Heisenberg

Coogan is a c**t. He always has been.

I have to separate the artist from the art when it comes to Partridge.

What a shitshow this thread is. A load of adults discussing the issue interspersed with the OP's pathetic fishing attempts.

It's a necessary scheme, implemented poorly and based on some pretty shit foundations.

Coogan is a dick for doing this if true, but his behaviour has not undermined attempts to control the virus like Cummings. Not comparable, stupid thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Coogan is a c**t. He always has been.

I have to separate the artist from the art when it comes to Partridge.
    A lot of artists would back up your vivid description of him being a part of a ladies lower body bits . ( strange choice of words though, I find said parts likeable, but folk, mainly men , do use ladies bits as insults , alongside yours we have the awful word T!!t , or tit is less of poor use of words , must be a man thingy ? )

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What a shitshow this thread is. A load of adults discussing the issue interspersed with the OP's pathetic fishing attempts.

It's a necessary scheme, implemented poorly and based on some pretty shit foundations.

Coogan is a dick for doing this if true, but his behaviour has not undermined attempts to control the virus like Cummings. Not comparable, stupid thread.
    You do like sexual parts???