+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Coogan living the dream

Re: Steve Coogan living the dream

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    In fairness I can see the government’s thought behind it. Would these billionaires not just have sacked a load of people if there wasn’t a furlough scheme? ****ing up the economy and costing the tax payers in the long run anyway.

Not to say it’s right for billionaires to take advantage of it but if it helps protect jobs and the economy in the long run it might be worth it.
    And that is the important part in all this to save ordinary folk from redundancy.

I think the name and shame should be made more often, to force people like Coogan, Branson , Posh Spice, Tim Martin and many more , to dig a bit deeper into thier very wealthy bank accounts to help
    employees .

Most of those can’t even be trusted to pay their fair share of tax

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A lot of artists would back up your vivid description of him being a part of a ladies lower body bits . ( strange choice of words though, I find said parts likeable, but folk, mainly men , do use ladies bits as insults , alongside yours we have the awful word T!!t , or tit is less of poor use of words , must be a man thingy ? )
    Stop talking bollocks, you cock.

Is that better?

I've got no issue with coogan doing this. Why should he be penalised for his past success. As long as he's a taxpayer that's all he's duty bound. The system was massively flawed but don't hate a player, hate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Stop talking bollocks, you cock.

Is that better?
    That's a lot better , one should show some respect, you do learn quickly .

We'll see how this comes out in the wash. I can't believe it's as cut and dried as it sounds. Steve Coogan is an inlegigent bloke. I would be surprised if he was guilty being so shortsighted and not having the self awareness to see this reaction coming. On the other hand, maybe he doesn't care.

The scheme is absolutely necessary, the alternative would have been far far worse.

The vast majority of employers genuinely needed it (they would far rather their businesses be open and having to pay staff themselves) as do the vast majority of employees.

As with anything that's well intentioned, there are a minority that will abuse it and take the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    The scheme is absolutely necessary, the alternative would have been far far worse.

The vast majority of employers genuinely needed it (they would far rather their businesses be open and having to pay staff themselves) as do the vast majority of employees.

As with anything that's well intentioned, there are a minority that will abuse it and take the piss.
    And the piss takers would probably have just sacked people if there wasn't this scheme.

I think the government were well intentioned with this, even if it wasn't perfect.