+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has COVID made you think differently about life?

Re: Has COVID made you think differently about life?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post

This is the game that will blow your mind.
    Random question that just occurred to me... did you guys use cassettes to play video games?

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Random question that just occurred to me... did you guys use cassettes to play video games?
    Oh aye, cassettes to load the game up. You’ve never enjoyed the anticipation of listening to white noise like screeching only to find the ****ing thing hasn’t loaded properly and you gotta do the same thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Oh aye, cassettes to load the game up. You’ve never enjoyed the anticipation of listening to white noise like screeching only to find the ****ing thing hasn’t loaded properly and you gotta do the same thing again.
    The worst thing was a game you loved on a cassette that only loaded properly half the time. Would waste so much time trying to get the bloody thing started.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The worst thing was a game you loved on a cassette that only loaded properly half the time. Would waste so much time trying to get the bloody thing started.
    How about on the Commodore 64. You had to have the Commodore tape deck. There was a little screw in the middle that you would have to turn occasionally just so the games would load.

Football Manager on the C64 took 16 minutes and 22 seconds to load. It would stop after 2 minutes, process for 10 minutes, then load for a couple more minutes. I used to load it up straight from school, have my tea, then go up and start playing. I had it worked to a tee, only time it failed was when my mam was cooking something special like potato pancakes and spaghetti hoops