+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dominic Cummings to make public statement this afternoon

Re: Dominic Cummings to make public statement this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    My issue is it still shows people I purposely don’t follow on my timeline because people who I do follow them have liked one of their tweets.

I’ve stopped using it lately, it’s unbearable with this covid.
    You can turn that stupid and pointless feature off. Think you choose "show me the latest tweets" instead of "show me the top tweets" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You'd have to be a complete idiot (and a really sad ****) to believe that (allegedly) momentarily standing a few centimetres too close to somebody is the equivalent of failing to self-isolate with Covid-19 symptoms and instead deciding to drive 260 miles to visit your parents, not to mention the eyesight-testing 60-mile round trip with a child in the car during the lockdown.
    I'd cut Gluey a little slack if I were you because in the last three months of so, he's seen so many of his old certainties crumble. Many of the populist "strong man leaders" he set so much stall by would be laughing stocks today if the consequences of their vanity and blundering weren't so tragic.

I see the liar in the White House is now being fact checked by Twitter of all people;-

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ts/5263437002/

as he flails about desperately trying to find someone to blame as his country's official Covid 19 deaths figure passed 100,000 yesterday and we all know that where Trump goes today, Gluey follows tomorrow.

Yesterday's Newsnight devastatingly demolished Dominic Cummings' defence - if you haven't watched it, it's in the first twenty minutes of the programme;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...night-26052020

Also, I think this lady is a very good writer who has got the Boris Johnson character to a tee in this piece:-

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ified-sack-him

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yesterday's Newsnight devastatingly demolished Dominic Cummings' defence - if you haven't watched it, it's in the first twenty minutes of the programme;-

Also, I think this lady is a very good writer who has got the Boris Johnson character to a tee in this piece:-

I don’t always agree with Marina Hyde but that is a brilliant assessment of the whole thing. The first two paragraphs are particularly brutal but nonetheless true.

The bumbling cuntwaffle’s defence of Cummings is hilarious when considering BoJo own character which to put it politely is one of being a massive ****.

"The thing about Boris Johnson is that he desperately wanted to become Prime Minister, and he desperately wanted to have been Prime Minister. It’s just the bit in between he struggles with."

That's brilliant and seemingly very accurate too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The fact that he is still in his advisory position should tell you something.
    It speaks volumes about the idiot he advises and the cesspit he works in.

The line she writes about comparing Cummings and Johnson to the Knight Rider tv series is genius 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    The line she writes about comparing Cummings and Johnson to the Knight Rider tv series is genius 😂😂😂
    She has a great way with words. Even if I don’t agree with her on everything, i don’t think you can deny she’s a great writer.

This timeline picks apart the Cumming's version of events

https://twitter.com/RussInCheshire/s...49109449777160

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    This timeline picks apart the Cumming's version of events

https://twitter.com/RussInCheshire/s...49109449777160
    :congrats:. Or clapping smiley or whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    This "bad eyesight" thing has been miaquoted out of context, on here and by the media, probably deliberately by the oppo leaders and media.

He said he wanted a short drive to check he was safe (this is a bit strange, I admit) - he then went on to say that he HAD BEEN dizzy with blurry eyesight at the height of his illness.
    People have joined up the two statements and the myth that he "drove to test his eyesight" was born.
    As the timeline posted by MM above reminds me, he also drove his kid and wife to hospital before the Barnard Castle trip - presumably when he had blurry eyes.

What a surprise that Bridgen turns up to defend Cummings. The man who tried to justify Rees Mogg's comments on Grenfell. How are these people even electable?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/...m_source=share

If you missed this on the news this morning. I think Campbell is a twat but he couldn’t be more right here.

What has this country become where we are happy for Cummings to get away with this, and in some instances defend him to the hilt?!

Thought this sums it up quite well too

The way Cummings and Co operate is a completely different play book to Blair and Campbell. It's very similar to the Trump style. Overwhelm people with bullshit and lying so much that they become totally desensitised to it. Their supporters just want to be on the winning side, they don't really care about the truth or even outcomes. Trump has pushed it so far now he could slap someone's elderly mum in the face, and the rest of his supporters would just say "well it's not my mum!" And that is where Johnson will be by the end of his term.
    It’s mad how all the online lunatics and conspiracy theorists have been tricked into doing this too. The irony of them ever using the word “sheeple” isn’t lost on me.

First action now taken in this saga. Emily Maitlis disciplined.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...mmings-remarks

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    First action now taken in this saga. Emily Maitlis disciplined.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...mmings-remarks
    She broke the BBC rules....does she need to go as well?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Did she help write the rules that were intended to reduce death?

If not, they may not be comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Did she help write the rules that were intended to reduce death?

So not only have you got to break them to be guilty but also help to write them. I'll remember that if ever Im pulled over for speeding

So not only have you got to break them to be guilty but also help to write them. I'll remember that if ever Im pulled over for speeding
    Ok, you don't like that one. Let's try something else.

Did she break rules that the rest of the country felt compelled to follow, some being fined for breaking them, and have lead to everyone being unable to have physical contact with their close family, in some cases being unable to say goodbye as they die and attend their funeral?

This speeding offence, will it take place on the A470 and will your boot be packed full of best quality meat?

Ironically she has received more punishment than Cummings for a lesser offence.

So you’re in favour of people who break rules getting disciplined?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Ok, you don't like that one. Let's try something else.

Did she break rules that the rest of the country felt compelled to follow, some being fined for breaking them, and have lead to everyone being unable to have physical contact with their close family, in some cases being unable to say goodbye as they die and attend their funeral?

Im not defending DC but Im trying to be fair. From his statement he didn't have contact with his close family either. He said his parents are in their 70s so no way was he going to meet up with them.
    Also, whilst the world is baying for his blood, lets remember that he is an employee not a politician and I wonder whether what he did is a sackable offence..ie was it in his job description? Or, was he off work and 'on the sick' at the time it all happened.
    Emily Maitlis however did break the rules of her employment, so lets try to be a bit balanced

Im not defending DC but Im trying to be fair. From his statement he didn't have contact with his close family either. He said his parents are in their 70s so no way was he going to meet up with them.
    Also, whilst the world is baying for his blood, lets remember that he is an employee not a politician and I wonder whether what he did is a
    sackable offence..ie was it in his job description? Or, was he off work and 'on the sick' at th time it all happened.
    Emily Maitlis however did break the rules of her employment, so lets try to be a bit balanced
    Is anyone criticising him for close contact with his family? That hasn't been mentioned once. My understanding is that the outcry is over leaving home with his family and travelling 260 miles.

It would be very odd if his job description specifically mentioned obeying national guidelines. That's a given, usually. Does your job description tell you to drive on the left side of the road?

I would imagine it's easier to sack an employee than a politician.

Was he off work or sick? Didn't his statement say that he didn't speak to his boss?

Very nice attempt at being a bit balanced, but please don't quit your job to join the circus.

Also, whilst the world is baying for his blood, lets remember that he is an employee not a politician and I wonder whether what he did is a sackable offence..ie was it in his job description? Or, was he off work and 'on the sick' at th time it all happened.
    Do you really consider that a fair and balanced summary?