+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dominic Cummings to make public statement this afternoon

Re: Dominic Cummings to make public statement this afternoon

And this is the genius mastermind who plays 4d chess which us mere mortals can't understand ? God help us all

All of the Tories tweeting support are using the same words, almost like it had been dictated to them perhaps. Remember when we were scared of a communist being in charge ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Given that his wife was poorly and that he might get poorly and there was possibly going to be a problem with an infant care,

1) If he is so vital to the nation's health, couldn't he have phoned a contact to set up child care if needed at home

2) Do you travel 270 miles - thus truly isolating oneself from the seat of government - and give yourself the problem of how to get back where he was so desperately needed.

3) If he thought through his problems and came up with that solution, God help us with the decisions re: national health that he is making.

Get rid - out of his own mouth he has admitted his incompetence.
    On March 27th he got the phone call from his wife who said she was ill. He rushed home to see his wife then later went back to work. Later that day they drove Durham.

So he was in contact with someone with symptoms then went back to work, presumably where he had contact with others.

Dear me .

Great line I just read on the BBC news website: "80% of Boris Johnson's political brain is inside Dominic Cummings' head. How could Boris sack Dom? It'd be like giving himself a lobotomy."

Keep safe folks.

So it looks like if you can spout a load of bollox it's game on.

So when's our next home game?

Cummings and his loony boss have now crapped on the rule book imho.

Jeeze, that pathetic performance from the lad caught in the orchard pinching apples beggars belief.

This must not go away and for the sake of democracy this bloke needs .............................

Another comment ' how can someone so full.of shit go 260 miles without a toilet break'

'Barnard Castle', Brewer's Britain & Ireland 2005:

BarndardCastle.jpg

634k people signed the change.org petition to get him sacked.

Not sure how if something like that will help, the rich and powerful do as they please don't they.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    634k people signed the change.org petition to get him sacked.

Not sure how if something like that will help, the rich and powerful do as they please don't they.
    Yes, you've summed up politics and the UK in one sentence.

Can I ask, was anyone on here won around by Dominic Cummings yesterday or is there anyone who feels the faith they had in him was justified after hearing what he had to say?

If you haven't bothered clicking on this link yet, you should do - he made a point of talking about this article in his press briefing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can I ask, was anyone on here won around by Dominic Cummings yesterday or is there anyone who feels the faith they had in him was justified after hearing what he had to say?

The only thing that impressed me was that he had the guts to read us his version of events, all handwritten, and he took questions from all of the press members present and didn't try to dodge any flack.

Overall I thought our so called top reporters were dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    There’s a surprise...,,

The only thing that impressed me was that he had the guts to read us his version of events, all handwritten, and he took questions from all of the press members present and didn't try to dodge any flack.

Peston asked Boris Johnson the questions he should have asked Cummings.

The only thing that impressed me was that he had the guts to read us his version of events
    I took this as a weakness, as if he needed a cleverly worded script to avoid hanging himself. If his story was going to stand up to scrutiny, he wouldn't need to have it all written down.

This "bad eyesight" thing has been miaquoted out of context, on here and by the media, probably deliberately by the oppo leaders and media.

He said he wanted a short drive to check he was safe (this is a bit strange, I admit) - he then went on to say that he HAD BEEN dizzy with blurry eyesight at the height of his illness.
    People have joined up the two statements and the myth that he "drove to test his eyesight" was born.

Louise Minchin interviewing Michael Howard (another a**ehole) pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    This "bad eyesight" thing has been miaquoted out of context, on here and by the media, probably deliberately by the oppo leaders and media.

He said he wanted a short drive to check he was safe (this is a bit strange, I admit) - he then went on to say that he HAD BEEN dizzy with blurry eyesight at the height of his illness.
    People have joined up the two statements and the myth that he "drove to test his eyesight" was born.
    But the bit about taking his wife and child along for this 'safety test' and stopping at a river are still correct ?

Anyone remember that vote we had to 'take back control' from the unelected elite ? To be fair not a lot was made of the result so you may have forgotten about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post

He actually said his wife was particularly worried about his eyesight just before he mentioned going on the drive. It would be odd to highlight it that way if he didn’t think It helped to justify the drive. Either way the ‘safety’ test-drive explanation with wife and child in tow was bizarre.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UD-TwHQDDgo

There's a provocative post if ever I've seen one. While some might argue the 260 mile trip "for family reasons" was a reaction many, remote from their families would take, there can be absolutely no justification for the trip to Barnard Castle and clearly was a breach of the rules. If his eyes were potentially bad why did he subject his son to the dangers of a 60 mile round trip?

Nobody seems to have an answer for that and it was surprising to me the journalists at the time didn't pursue it further. Yet again they flunked their chance and only got their act together when questioning Johnson later which he was able to bat off with ease by saying why didn't they ask Cummings when they had the opportunity.

Gove on the Radio this morning saying that he has on occasion driven to test his eyesight

How do we end up with these people in charge, they will say and do anything to cling onto power.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Gove on the Radio this morning saying that he has on occasion driven to test his eyesight

How do we end up with these people in charge, they will say and do anything to cling onto power.
    Doesn't he realise driving (unless for shopping, visits to the Doctor etc) is itself a breach of the rules as they existed at the time. Sore eyes is a side effect of COVID-19 but that is irrelevant. He shouldn't have driven to Barnard Castle full stop.

Stop me if I’m wrong but driving a 2 tonne death machine at 30 miles per hour with your family inside to see how bad your eyesight might not be a smart idea.

Not for me. I do think he did what he thought was best for him and his family though.

However, the 'flexible' stay at home guideline related to children that he refers to I don't believe was intended to justify moving a family with suspected symptoms across England. It was related to accepting that there are certain isolation type measures that may be challenging for those with children at home.

I think the whole emphasis and point of the message was to stay at home if at all possible. But it seems he didn't explore any options available for him to do this. I'm sure there must have been options available to somebody of his profile in London if he had genuinely really tried to keep to the stay at home message.

In travelling with suspected symptoms he introduced the, albeit remote, risk of breakdown or accident exposing other to the virus (another reason to avoid it).

I don't know why he returned to work when somebody in his household had symptoms. I'm not really sure why he and his wife visited the hospital when there are so many stories about people not being able to do this (in any case, it highlights why people are asked not to travel to avoid potential spread of the virus into other vulnerable locations, particularly from London at the time). As for the safety test-drive, well what can you really say about that?

All in all, it is precisely to avoid 'ifs, buts and maybes' and personal interpretations that people have been told clearly to stay at home, particularly when exposed to symptoms. I think he just had an easy option not available to many people and rather selfishly took it.