+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dominic Cummings to make public statement this afternoon

Re: Dominic Cummings to make public statement this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And if testing ones eyes why risk the family on the test trip , has anyone asked him why his wife didn't drive .

Boris is in a right mess over this .

As a side story Alistair Campbell ( remember him) another the Cummings type , was on this morning and was asked did he ever lie , he profoundly said good god no
    Boris in a right mess....he and Mrs C have history. He was the editor of The Spectator when Mrs C started working there. In other words, Boris was her boss. According to Tatler. Which begs the question, too fanciful I'm sure, is there a Boris love child lurking in the tower of Mrs C's parents' gaff? Juicy. This could run for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think question asked is here: https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics.../05/23/56b74/2.

Although not sure results quite tally with Jon1959's post. A higher % thought he broke the lockdown rules (see other link on page).

Edit - just noticed the poll I've linked was before Cummings Press Conference.
    Interesting that public opinion has hardened against Cummings after his Downing Street statement and press conference yesterday. Last night a lot of the TV reports were suggesting that he had done enough to stem the tide, and had bought himself time, but that was before the public reaction was measured, and the continuing Tory MP backlash (fed by their inboxes).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting that public opinion has hardened against Cummings after his Downing Street statement and press conference yesterday. Last night a lot of the TV reports were suggesting that he had done enough to stem the tide, and had bought himself time, but that was before the public reaction was measured, and the continuing Tory MP backlash (fed by their inboxes).
    I also felt he got off-the-hook during his press conference as the press went mostly with pre-written questions and didn't really react to the points he made. Overnight I think press and public opinion has galvanised as what he actually said has really sunk in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What are the current rules in Ireland?

And how is it relevant here?

Current rules in Ireland are you're allowed to meet friends within a certain distance (I think either 2km or 5km) of your house as long as you are being sensible.

Guardian journalist tweets about Gove..

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Look at me, look at me.
    There are nasty people on Twitter? From the UK? I can't believe it!

After staunchly defending Dominic Cummings during today's daily briefing, Health Secretary Matt Hancock went on to say that people without Covid-19 symptoms who are told to isolate themselves by the government's contact tracers have a civic duty to do so. He used those actual words - a civic duty. Truly astonishing. This mob are shameless.

Up to four people who are not from the same household are allowed to meet outdoors while observing the two metres apart rule.

That's the actual Leo Varadkar in that photo. Must be. It says so on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There nasty people on Twitter? From the UK? I can't believe it!
    Looking at Twitter Andy Dawson (podcast comedian) and the Varadkar thing seem to be what the far right lunatics are all posting about. No idea how it really relates to this thread tbh.

Up to four people who are not from the same household are allowed to meet outdoors while observing the two metres apart rule.

That's the actual Leo Varadkar in that photo. Must be. It says so on the internet.
    And there's a copper in the photo who doesn't seem to give a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Looking at Twitter Andy Dawson (podcast comedian) and the Varadkar thing seem to be what the far right lunatics are all posting about. No idea how it really relates to this thread tbh.
    Posting on twitter is the equivalent of taking a shit in your own hand and throwing it at someones window.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Posting on twitter is the equivalent of taking a shit in your own hand and throwing it at someones window.
    Are you saying one should not take any notice of anything on twitter? Or what?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Are you saying one should not take any notice of anything on twitter? Or what?
    I'm saying that it's like throwing shit at someones window. Exactly the same.

Maybe WB is unleashing a distraction strategy upon us?

International

I'm saying that it's like throwing shit at someones window. Exactly the same.
    I don't understand the point. Is it pointless or not a good thing or what? I can't follow the analogy. I think you're saying that putting something on twitter is ineffective but I'm not sure.

There are nasty people on Twitter? From the UK? I can't believe it!
    We are all angels on here.

I stopped using twitter because it's impossible to not to read the opinions of dick heads (a bit like on here).

But if you only follow people who interest you and avoid reading anyone else's tweets it's actually interesting. Like all social media it's good if you use it to suit you.

I stopped using twitter because it's impossible to not to read the opinions of dick heads (a bit like on here).

But if you only follow people who interest you and avoid reading anyone else's tweets it's actually interesting. Like all social media it's good if you use it to suit you.
    Aye, I don’t post and largely keep to reading those I follow and don’t encounter any problems with it.

My issue is it still shows people I purposely don’t follow on my timeline because people who I do follow them have liked one of their tweets.

I’ve stopped using it lately, it’s unbearable with this covid.

Aye, I don’t post and largely keep to reading those I follow and don’t encounter any problems with it.
    The best social media if you can use it right imo. I just couldn’t help myself and it’s depressing all the shite news from round the world you can end up reading.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    My issue is it still shows people I purposely don’t follow on my timeline because people who I do follow them have liked one of their tweets.

I’ve stopped using it lately, it’s unbearable with this covid.
    Exactly that, I can imagine it’s extreme shite with covid too.