+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dominic Cummings to make public statement this afternoon

Re: Dominic Cummings to make public statement this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Well clearly not otherwise she would already have been. Her employer has recognised that she has broken their rules, that doesn't mean it is a sackable offence. You are tying yourself in knots here.
    It may or may not be a sackable offence, and the action the BBC take is up to them. I asked a question' should she be sacked?'

You've already made up your mind that it was not a sackable offence as she is still employed.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I don't know, that's why I fed into the thread. But I do know that people think he did break the rules, and he and his boss say he hasn't.

The BBC said the Emily Maitlis did break the rules...nuff said
    Well, if you still don’t know after all that’s been shared you’d probably at least welcome an inquiry.

His boss makes the decision but can not necessarily be relied on to behave in a balanced way due to vested interests. I think it is the disingenuous responses to this affair that have fuelled the anger.

Heisenberg

I don't know, that's why I fed into the thread. But I do know that people think he did break the rules, and he and his boss say he hasn't.

The BBC said the Emily Maitlis did break the rules...nuff said
    Emily Maitlis broke the rules... Dominic Cummings broke the law.

You're putting your bias into my comments now. I never mentioned that I believe what he said...."the record straight as he saw"
    He was being hounded by the press and this was an attempt to set the record straight as he saw it
    Hilarious, your comment is dripping with bias. You have made the assumption that this press conference was held as a result of him being 'hounded by the press', instantly affording him the victim status he is searching for and conveniently we have found our villain too (it's the 'fake news media').

It shows how the world is going to shit that someone will bend over backwards in a ridiculous way to defend someone just because they're in a party they voted for.

Just because you voted for them doesn't mean you have to agree with or defend everything they do. You should want this sort of shite held to account.

It may or may not be a sackable offence, and the action the BBC take is up to them. I asked a question' should she be sacked?'

You've already made up your mind that it was not a sackable offence as she is still employed.
    Do you think it was a sackable offence? I want journalists to be able to say what they see as true without the invisible hand of government looming over them. I am sure your opinions on press freedom were different when Labour were crying foul last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    So you’re in favour of people who break rules getting disciplined?
    It was a question.....does she need to go as well? Do the reporters out DC house in a crowd need to go as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Emily Maitlis broke the rules... Dominic Cummings broke the law.
    Your opinion

Heisenberg

Your opinion
    It's absolutely clear that be did and should be obvious in anyone's opinion... But not in yours. Yet you're "not defending him"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Do you think it was a sackable offence? I want journalists to be able to say what they see as true without the invisible hand of government looming over them. I am sure your opinions on press freedom were different when Labour were crying foul last year...
    From what I've read this morning the BBC Charter ( ie Law) on broadcasting was broken by her comments crossing the BBC requirements to be impartial on controversial matters.

Ive got no opinions on press freedom

No, she shouldn't be sacked.

Your opinion
    He returned to work after being in contact with someone he had suspected of having covid.
    He drove a car with a medical condition with could have affected his ability to drive and failed to inform DVLA.

Which of these is not breaking the law?

It was a question.....does she need to go as well? Do the reporters out DC house in a crowd need to go as well?
    I would like anybody who’s clearly broken rules to be disciplined in a proportional and reasonable way. My post about Emily was just highlighting the irony of the swift and decisive action taken, I really don’t know in detail the basis for it.

I would also therefore like to see an enquiry/disciplinary process for Cummings started and the rest can take care of itself.

Despite his lengthy explanation and key cabinet ministers all saying why they agree with him, you‘ve confirmed that you still haven’t been convinced he hasn’t broken the rules. This is therefore a key matter of trust and credibility during a public health crisis. Many people feel the same way as you or much more strongly.

It's absolutely clear that be did and should be obvious in anyone's opinion... But not in yours. Yet you're "not defending him"
    Im not defending him.

And it looks as if Emily Maitlis acting on behalf of the BBC did break the law via the BBC charter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He returned to work after being in contact with someone he had suspected of having covid.
    He drove a car with a medical condition with could have affected his ability to drive and failed to inform DVLA.

How do you know that he failed to inform the DVLA. Its probable that he didn't but you seem certain, so how do you know?

I would like anybody who’s clearly broken rules to be disciplined in a proportional and reasonable way. My post about Emily was just highlighting the irony of the swift and decisive action taken, I really don’t know in detail the basis for it.

I would also therefore like to see an enquiry/disciplinary process for Cummings started and the rest can take care of itself.

Despite his lengthy explanation and key cabinet ministers all saying why they agree with him, you‘ve confirmed that you still haven’t been convinced he hasn’t broken the rules. This is therefore a key matter of trust during a public health crisis. Many people feel the same way as you or much more strongly.
    NO...I didn't say he hadn't broken the 'guidance'. What I asked was whether it was a sackable offence if he had.

Heisenberg

Im not defending him.

And it looks as if Emily Maitlis acting on behalf of the BBC did break the law via the BBC charter.
    You're not defending him yet sound like his (albeit shit) lawyer

And as a rider...If he did break the law, the law says he can be fined, at that time it was £60, halved if you pay promptly

Heisenberg

NO...I didn't say he hadn't broken the 'guidance'. What I asked was whether it was a sackable offence if he had.
    He didn't just break the guidance anyway... He took a big steaming shit all over the laws created that were meant to protect the public from the Coronavirus.

Someone who isn't about to go to work in 10mins will hopefully be able to list each action that he took which contravened those laws.

How do you know that he failed to inform the DVLA. Its probable that he didn't but you seem certain, so how do you know?
    Going for a drive to check if you're well enough to drive is the offence here.

I’d be happy for this to be decided following an inquiry. Agreed?

I’d be happy for this to be decided following an inquiry. Agreed?
    I don't really care. I think it will blow over but not forgotten

He didn't just break the guidance anyway... He took a big steaming shit all over the laws created that were meant to protect the public from the Coronavirus.

Someone who isn't about to go to work in 10mins will hopefully be able to list each action that he took which contravened those laws.

Shame on the Government, but at that time ie late March, the message wasn't to protect us from the virus, it was to protect the NHS, flatten the curve so that it would not be overwhelmed

Going for a drive to check if you're well enough to drive is the offence here.
    So is speeding, but it's not what people are after his blood for.

I don't really care. I think it will blow over but not forgotten
    OK, is letting it 'blow over' what you really meant by a fair and balanced outcome?