+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wales and England today....

Wales and England today....

Re: Wales and England today....

Not meaning to get this political but given the events of the last few days the lockdown in England is over.
    How can people be expected to respect it and avoid beaches given the mixed messages and blatant disregard for their own advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

There your wave.
    It’s all we ever hear, people not listening in parks in London a month ago, VE Day street parties etc.....it’s just not happening though, in fact in London it’s almost gone. In wales there’s barely been any.....I’m starting to wonder about the Truman show conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

There your wave.
    It’s all we ever hear, people not listening in parks in London a month ago, VE Day street parties etc.....it’s just not happening though, in fact in London it’s almost gone. In wales there’s barely been any.....I’m starting to wonder about the Truman show conspiracy
    You are joking I take it? Lisvane Blue has mentioned about the Sunday Telegraph article this weekend in another thread

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...age-mp-blames/

Look at the graphs for the number of people in hospital by region in the briefings every day - Wales' is barely moving downwards. I live in an area with a death rate which is bad by the standards of the Rhondda Valley - there's been far more than "barely any" up here.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You are joking I take it? Lisvane Blue has mentioned about the Sunday Telegraph article this weekend in another thread

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...age-mp-blames/

Look at the graphs for the number of people in hospital by region in the briefings every day - Wales' is barely moving downwards. I live in an area with a death rate which is bad by the standards of the Rhondda Valley - there's been far more than "barely any" up here.
    I’m sure the ICU staff will be pleased there are ‘barely any’ today. Well I hope they enjoy their breather as another wave is inevitable. I fear that the government’s non disguised contempt for the country will bear further devastation.

There your wave.
    Covid19 is beaten then? Great news, let’s open up all the pubs, restaurants and get the football back on (with crowds).

There’s **** all to worry about.

There your wave.
    Both pandemics seemed to have reached, and subsequently passed, their peak - Coronavirus and Hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Both pandemics seemed to have reached, and subsequently passed, their peak - Coronavirus and Hysteria.
    I agree with that. Replacing hysteria with complacency and poor judgement is a concern though.

And that was the last anyone heard of coronavirus.

All over! Phew!

In the parks I walked through in London yesterday social distancing was being well respected. Those beaches do look stupidly packed though.

I do think it’s easy to make busy areas looked more crowded and grouped together in photographs mind.

I can’t believe people are acting like this is beat though, if this isn’t carefully managed there will easily be a second peak. You only have to look at China and Korea for how things can quickly go wrong.

There your wave.
    I’d like to know where in London people weren’t listening in parks?

How can you say there’s barely been any in wales? Some valleys have had averages higher than anywhere in England and still do.

Think one may consider Wales is on a downward spiral :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51888681

Over the weekend I had to get out and about and found the 2 meter ruling extremely well observed, and politely so , many more people about , nice hello's and nods when one has to make way for others , which can be awkward at times .

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Not meaning to get this political but given the events of the last few days the lockdown in England is over.
    How can people be expected to respect it and avoid beaches given the mixed messages and blatant disregard for their own advice?
    I think you've got to give credit to the vast majority of people, who regardless of the behaviour of public figures have enough common sense not to put themselves or members of their community at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You only have to look at China and Korea for how things can quickly go wrong.
    What happened in China and Korea?

The second bit is kind of ironic coming from you, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What happened in China and Korea?
    They’ve both had spikes in infections following the rules being relaxed. Korea has over 100 just from one night in a nightclub.

They’ve both had spikes in infections following the rules being relaxed. Korea has over 100 just from one night in a nightclub.
    According to the latest figures, South Korea had just 19 new cases yesterday and two deaths, bringing their total deaths to 269. That's from a population of 52 million. Their spike looks a bit blunt to me.

According to the latest figures, South Korea had just 19 new cases yesterday and two deaths, bringing their total deaths to 269. That's from a population of 52 million. Their spike looks a bit blunt to me.
    It was a couple of weeks ago, it wasn’t a huge spike but they did have one and They reacted to it well.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/sout...se-second-wave

They’ve managed the whole thing very well since they had experience with SARS etc. And even they ended up with a jump in infections.

International

It was a couple of weeks ago, it wasn’t a huge spike but they did have one and They reacted to it well.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/sout...se-second-wave

They’ve managed the whole thing very well since they had experience with SARS etc. And even they ended up with a jump in infections.
    I think that is the point. There is little that can be done to prevent a second rise in infected people other than maintaining lockdown for ever which is impractical. But if you can have a system and a plan in place to control and track down outbreaks and ring fience it as best you can then the rest of the country might be able to carry on trying to get back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think that is the point. There is little that can be done to prevent a second rise in infected people other than maintaining lockdown for ever which is impractical. But if you can have a system and a plan in place to control and track down outbreaks and ring fience it as best you can then the rest of the country might be able to carry on trying to get back to normal.
    I think you have to be reactive if it does start to jump up too. The economy needs to start up again so the best way to get back to normal is track and trace and restrict things slightly if things get worse.

International

I think you have to be reactive if it does start to jump up too. The economy needs to start up again so the best way to get back to normal is track and trace and restrict things slightly if things get worse.
    Yes but the hope is if you can impose track and trace enough you can do local lockdowns without stalling the whole country. Inshallah!

if it helps starting the economy again i can spend some money now my SEISS hit my bank account this morning

cheers Rishi

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think that is the point. There is little that can be done to prevent a second rise in infected people other than maintaining lockdown for ever which is impractical.
    Precisely. Our government have made a hopeless mess of dealing with this virus from day one and it's been a national disgrace, but putting that to one side for a minute, the simple fact is that people cannot and will not live in a state of lockdown indefinitely, especially when all of the evidence suggests that a large majority of the population are extremely unlikely to suffer any major ill effects from Covid-19, let alone die from it.

Although cracks of one sort or another began appearing in the lockdown almost from day one, I nevertheless believe that most people have dealt with this situation remarkably well and in good faith. However, having been locked away for almost all of the spring, the population isn't going to accept being locked away for the whole of the summer too, and I don't think that's at all unreasonable.

Whether we'll see a significant second spike in infections and deaths remains to be seen, but I'd be willing to bet that a large majority of the British public would be prepared to take a chance on that right now in a bid to get back to some sort of normality.

The next fortnight will be crucial for the UK, if in England people start dropping like flies after their beach visits etc I’d imagine a tighter lockdown will be enforced. On the other hand if they emerge relatively unscathed a relaxing of conditions may occur. I think the English offering themselves as guinea pigs has been a very noble gesture.

International

Precisely. Our government have made a hopeless mess of dealing with this virus from day one and it's been a national disgrace, but putting that to one side for a minute, the simple fact is that people cannot and will not live in a state of lockdown indefinitely, especially when all of the evidence suggests that a large majority of the population are extremely unlikely to suffer any major ill effects from Covid-19, let alone die from it.

Although cracks of one sort or another began appearing in the lockdown almost from day one, I nevertheless believe that most people have dealt with this situation remarkably well and in good faith. However, having been locked away for almost all of the spring, the population isn't going to accept being locked away for the whole of the summer too, and I don't think that's at all unreasonable.

Whether we'll see a significant second spike in infections and deaths remains to be seen, but I'd be willing to bet that a large majority of the British public would be prepared to take a chance on that right now in a bid to get back to some sort of normality.
    What bothers me is that the Welsh Government is still talking about small cautious steps on Friday, but the next three week extension of the lock-down starts today or the last one ended yesterday and they haven't renewed it. It isn't really clear, they haven't told us one way or the other. If the English side of the border starts to be more relaxed even more than it is now it really will cause problems.