Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
Precisely. Our government have made a hopeless mess of dealing with this virus from day one and it's been a national disgrace, but putting that to one side for a minute, the simple fact is that people cannot and will not live in a state of lockdown indefinitely, especially when all of the evidence suggests that a large majority of the population are extremely unlikely to suffer any major ill effects from Covid-19, let alone die from it.

Although cracks of one sort or another began appearing in the lockdown almost from day one, I nevertheless believe that most people have dealt with this situation remarkably well and in good faith. However, having been locked away for almost all of the spring, the population isn't going to accept being locked away for the whole of the summer too, and I don't think that's at all unreasonable.

Whether we'll see a significant second spike in infections and deaths remains to be seen, but I'd be willing to bet that a large majority of the British public would be prepared to take a chance on that right now in a bid to get back to some sort of normality.
Not sure I agree with your last paragraph. Whilst there may be some people willing to take a risk, I wouldn't say it's the majority, let alone a large majority. In fact based on people I've spoken to and many comments I've read online, the majority of people feel uneasy about returning to normality at present. They have genuine concerns that we haven't seen the back of this pandemic yet and believe that the easing of lockdown measures should not be rushed through.