+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHO warns of 'second peak' in areas where COVID-19 declining

Re: WHO warns of 'second peak' in areas where COVID-19 declining

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yes of course, you're right. It was in the long distant past. We won't get any global pandemics again, will we?!
    We are better placed to cope though aren’t we, how did one doctor in say China contact one in the uk in 1918? Pigeon post? I rest my case

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We are better placed to cope though aren’t we, how did one doctor in say China contact one in the uk in 1918? Pigeon post? I rest my case
    What case?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yes we are better placed to cope compared to 1918.

Are we better placed to cope in November 2020 than March 2020? Well, we'll probably see.

It's happened this year already, so saying we are much more advanced than 1918 maybe a strong case in your eyes but it's not for me. I just don't know what has supposed to have changed to mean there will be no second wave, as a couple of posters on this thread seem to convinced will be the case.

But then, one of them thinks that covid doesn't kill and the other thinks children are immune

Banned

By the way, just in case anyone read xsnaggle's assertion that "the rate was just below 1 when they lifted their lockdown" - the rate was actually 0.65.

Last Wednesday, as Merkel and state premiers announced the easing of social distancing coupled with wearing masks, the rate was 0.65. When making the announcement, she said that if any communities saw a rise of 50 or more cases per 100,000 people, towns or cities would have to reimpose lockdowns. The possibility of a second national lockdown is off the table as of now, she said.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    What case?
    My shiny leather case I take to work everyday of course

Bit more info on Korea this morning

South Korea has reported 40 new cases for its biggest daily jump in nearly 50 days. All but four of the new cases came from the densely populated Seoul metropolitan area, where officials have been scrambling to stem transmissions linked to nightclubs, karaoke rooms and an e-commerce warehouse.
    Shows why a second peak has to be carefully managed. And why local lockdowns might be likely.

Banned

Look forward to the day when 40 new cases in the UK is described as a "spike".

Look forward to the day when 40 new cases in the UK is described as a "spike".
    Issue is that things can escalate from these cases, as has happened during the initial cases. A strict and proactive response could help but issue is individual rights and what if people are asymptotic. I guess contact tracing would help resolve it but the government has to execute it in a way that is efficient and doesn’t cause huge privacy concerns

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Issue is that things can escalate from these cases, as has happened during the initial cases. A strict and proactive response could help but issue is individual rights and what if people are asymptotic. I guess contact tracing would help resolve it but the government has to execute it in a way that is efficient and doesn’t cause huge privacy concerns
    It feels like it's a bit late for contact tracing now.

Because many people had it?

Banned

It isn't being brought in at an ideal time is it?

You’d have thought contact track and tracing would’ve been better under more restrictive lockdown restrictions and when the majority were playing ball?

Imagine trying to contact, track and trace everyone who visited a beach on Monday if one person may have had Covid19?

It’s another **** up in a long list.

It seems most effective if done early. If it gets going, it seems like everyone is going to be so overwhelmed with contacts that it won't be much use.

As Jordi says, much more useful under lockdown.

It seems most effective if done early. If it gets going, it seems like everyone is going to be so overwhelmed with contacts that it won't be much use.

As Jordi says, much more useful under lockdown.
    To be a contradictory twat, it does need to be done although the implementation and management of the whole thing if restrictions are lifted will probably prove problematic?

I’m sure Boris isn’t publicising the fact contact, track and trace will be up and running and pubs could be open in July to mask or detract from anything else going on in the news?

I’ll add for fairness, Drakeford needs together finger out of his arse in regards to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    To be a contradictory twat, it does need to be done although the implementation and management of the whole thing if restrictions are lifted will probably prove problematic?

I’m sure Boris isn’t publicising the fact contact, track and trace will be up and running and pubs could be open in July to mask or detract from anything else going on in the news?

I’ll add for fairness, Drakeford needs together finger out of his arse in regards to this.
    Testing and tracing seem to be the only solution until we get effective drugs and/or a vaccine, so from that point of view it is better late than never.

But it's nearly June, it's been talked about for ages and neither are anywhere near where they should be. So better late than never, but also too little too late.

Testing and tracing seem to be the only solution until we get effective drugs and/or a vaccine, so from that point of view it is better late than never.

But it's nearly June, it's been talked about for ages and neither are anywhere near where they should be. So better late than never, but also too little too late.
    It was reported back in April how effective contact, track and tracing was. It must’ve bypassed our experts or the suggestion was binned in favour of herd immunity which is much cheaper money wise?

The fact none of the respective governments got a grasp on this shows how poor collectively they all are.

I’ll blame Drakeford and Sturgeon for being half arsed and more intent with trying to illustrate Wales and Scotland respectively have their own governments.

I’ll blame The bumbling cuntwaffle for trying to act as Lord and master, being a self serving wanker and generally being a massive ****.

If he’d died of Covid19, it would’ve saved many lives. A sacrifice worth giving and I would’ve contributed to a statue for the floppy haired, ****athon.

Track and trace seems to have a wee problem .

I was reading the government web site yesterday thinking I should down load the App . About 3/4 of the way down the instructions it said the track and trace which I believe should be starting today , the App wasn't ready . It was called the NHS App , is that a sly way of distancing yourself from the App and blaming the NHS ?
    Any way it isn't going to work particularly well without the App.

It was reported back in April how effective contact, track and tracing was. It must’ve bypassed our experts or the suggestion was binned in favour of herd immunity which is much cheaper money wise?

The fact none of the respective governments got a grasp on this shows how poor collectively they all are.

I’ll blame Drakeford and Sturgeon for being half arsed and more intent with trying to illustrate Wales and Scotland respectively have their own governments.

I’ll blame The bumbling cuntwaffle for trying to act as Lord and master, being a self serving wanker and generally being a massive ****.

If he’d died of Covid19, it would’ve saved many lives. A sacrifice worth giving and I would’ve contributed to a statue for the floppy haired, ****athon.

Wishing someone dead because you don't like their politics. You must have a lot of hate and anger bottled up in there..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    [/B]

Wishing someone dead because you don't like their politics. You must have a lot of hate and anger bottled up in there..
    He's not saying that at all though is he?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    [/B]

I read my comment again and I don’t see where I wished death on him?

My observation still stands though if he had died we wouldn’t be in the shit show we still are.

You’d have thought contact track and tracing would’ve been better under more restrictive lockdown restrictions and when the majority were playing ball?

Imagine trying to contact, track and trace everyone who visited a beach on Monday if one person may have had Covid19?

It’s another **** up in a long list.
    I understand that being within 1 metre of someone for more than 10 minutes is what is called a ' contact'. So the list may be manageable

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I understand that being within 1 metre of someone for more than 10 minutes is what is called a ' contact'. So the list may be manageable
    How do they know if someone has been within 1 metre of someone for more than 10 minutes though?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Track and trace seems to have a wee problem .

I was reading the government web site yesterday thinking I should down load the App . About 3/4 of the way down the instructions it said the track and trace which I believe should be starting today , the App wasn't ready . It was called the NHS App , is that a sly way of distancing yourself from the App and blaming the NHS ?
    Any way it isn't going to work particularly well without the App.
    It's almost as if they're rushing out the start of it before it's effective to try and get something else as the main story on the news

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...-100000-deaths

South Korea increase restrictions after spike in cases. Exactly the same will happen here if we aren't careful.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How do they know if someone has been within 1 metre of someone for more than 10 minutes though?
    Through the bluetooth contact between phones/devices I think.